Unsolicited Jobs Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He always struck me as very aggressive.
Going nowhere fast.

Tampa politics and his personality did him in is my guess.

USF med school/TGH divorced from Moffitt, and TGH/FCS/Big GU group decided to jointly build a proton center. Guess who wasn't invited to the proton party and basically has to jump into carbon ions now as a differentiator?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
E-mail from CompHealth just now:

"I hope you had a great weekend! I wanted to reach out to you because I know you work incredibly close with medical oncology doctors. Do you know anyone currently working locums or interested in a change from what they are doing now that might be interests? I work with facilities nationwide and would love to talk to you more about who you may know who would be interested in work.

Talk to me about the referral bonus for anyone you send my way that ends up working with me. Free money!"

Rad onc! We're not worthless because we know medical oncologists!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
E-mail from CompHealth just now:

"I hope you had a great weekend! I wanted to reach out to you because I know you work incredibly close with medical oncology doctors. Do you know anyone currently working locums or interested in a change from what they are doing now that might be interests? I work with facilities nationwide and would love to talk to you more about who you may know who would be interested in work.

Talk to me about the referral bonus for anyone you send my way that ends up working with me. Free money!"

Rad onc! We're not worthless because we know medical oncologists!

Funny I got an email…please respond now. Same thing though.

The desperation level for medoncs has reached peak insanity. VA's offering 900k+ run rate. Locums co's needing to pay 5k and charging 6 or 7k or more.

Crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
The desperation level for medoncs has reached peak insanity. VA's offering 900k+ run rate. Locums co's needing to pay 5k and charging 6 or 7k or more.

Crazy.
No kidding. It's devastating. The factors are multiple and I can't see a way out other than basically converting medoncs to APP supervisors and paying ungodly amounts.

1. Boomer docs retiring
2. Boomers getting cancer
3. PCPs no longer managing minor blood dyscrasias and more APPs doing the PCP heavy lifting
4. Quiet quitting or locuming (not attacking you personally Spam). But, the locums market in medonc isn't a bunch of 60 year olds anymore. There are a lot of 40 something medonc locums out there with no intent on settling for a full time position outside of their hometown. Working half time for full price and living the cosmopolitan lifestyle. Not providing even 1/2 the value of a full time doc in reality.
5. Dependence on IMGs. (1/2 of medonc work force. Historically discriminated against in terms of job market and the cornerstone of rural oncology workforce for decades). I don't know if the recent political environment has had an impact, but possible. We can no longer get our hands on young IMGs as they are getting opportunities in and going to more diverse and urban communities (can't blame them).
6. Academic places having no intention of producing community docs. Academic indoctrination and model of the oncologist as researcher and single disease site doc.
7. Large center academic expansion and hiring their own after academic indoctrination or even community fellows for a glorified community position.

Big, big problem and probably intractable over next 10-15 years.

I could be wrong but.. this is going to make medonc like traveling nurses on steroids.

Confused Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty

I could be wrong but.. this is going to make medonc like traveling nurses on steroids.

Confused Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty
Traveling nurses already flooring some community hospitals. A traveling nurse may cost a hospital double. You get a failed labor market and disgruntled long term employees.

Every rural hospital that is big enough should have its own nursing school and generate nurses from the local population. (Maybe even docs?). Good for the hospital and good for the community.

Reactions: 1 user
Exactly what's happening here.. strong partnerships are forming to build a steel pipeline. For years, admin took advantage of labor. Now labor has had its day in the sun. Time to get back to the middle?

Crazy.
Some VAs have switched to APP urology care.... Just got a referral from one this week, prostatectomy gets outsourced, the app can follow patients, give lupron, refer for RT etc. I'm just dying to know if they are letting them do cystos and TRUS prostate biopsies yet.

If so, it'll certainly save them a bundle of money vs fee basis to urology every time or paying some ridiculous locums rate to have someone in house

Last edited:

Crazy.
Now is the time for rad onc to get in the med onc game. Residencies should add on 6-9 mo of med onc and get certified. Offer a few weekend courses (what APPs do to get med onc "certified") for those out in practice.

Of course it will never happen.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my whole life I’ve never seen a random “cold call” solicitation come through in text or email for $3000+/day rad onc locums… but get them all the time now for med onc.

In my whole life I’ve never seen a random “cold call” solicitation come through in text or email for $3000+/day rad onc locums… but get them all the time now for med onc.

I asked for 3K for a locums gig and the guy was like well the market is more like 1500/day. I said stop calling me then

Reactions: 3 users
Another one advertised as $600k+ annual comp plus shareholdership

A long-established group in western Illinois is seeking a radiation oncologist to join its team at a state-of-the-art cancer center. The position pays at the 90th percentile nationally and provides considerable autonomy. Plus, you’ll have fantastic support from a team of hem-oncs.

Opportunity Highlights​

• 90th percentile potential income
  • Monday-Friday schedule
  • Beautiful, new, state-of-the-art cancer center
  • Great support with 4 hem-oncs in group
  • No call required
  • 1 year to shareholder status
  • $60,000 sign-on bonus
  • Full benefits package

Community Information​

Located along the banks of the gorgeous Mississippi River, this inviting Midwest town offers a picturesque setting for providers to call home. Surrounded by genuine hospitality and stunning natural beauty, you’ll enjoy a remarkable quality of life here.

• A low cost of living + beautiful, affordable housing options
  • Great public and private schools + local university
  • Ranked #8 for Best Cities to Raise a Family by Forbes
  • An abundance of outdoor activities, including golfing, biking, hiking, fishing, and kayaking
  • An array of amenities, including great downtown area, dining, entertainment, shopping, arts and cultural attractions
  • Driving distance to Springfield, St. Louis, and Chicago + access to regional airport

I'm just dying to know if they are letting them do cysto’s and TRUS prostate biopsies yet.

It looks like AUA meeting has a hands on workshop for prostate biopsies, spaceOAR, rectal ultrasound, MR-guided bx.

Another one advertised as $600k+ annual comp plus shareholdership

A long-established group in western Illinois is seeking a radiation oncologist to join its team at a state-of-the-art cancer center. The position pays at the 90th percentile nationally and provides considerable autonomy. Plus, you’ll have fantastic support from a team of hem-oncs.

Opportunity Highlights​

• 90th percentile potential income
  • Monday-Friday schedule
  • Beautiful, new, state-of-the-art cancer center
  • Great support with 4 hem-oncs in group
  • No call required
  • 1 year to shareholder status
  • $60,000 sign-on bonus
  • Full benefits package

Community Information​

Located along the banks of the gorgeous Mississippi River, this inviting Midwest town offers a picturesque setting for providers to call home. Surrounded by genuine hospitality and stunning natural beauty, you’ll enjoy a remarkable quality of life here.

• A low cost of living + beautiful, affordable housing options
  • Great public and private schools + local university
  • Ranked #8 for Best Cities to Raise a Family by Forbes
  • An abundance of outdoor activities, including golfing, biking, hiking, fishing, and kayaking
  • An array of amenities, including great downtown area, dining, entertainment, shopping, arts and cultural attractions
  • Driving distance to Springfield, St. Louis, and Chicago + access to regional airport
curious where this is. Pulled up a map and the main city that fits this criteria is Quincy

No kidding. It's devastating. The factors are multiple and I can't see a way out other than basically converting medoncs to APP supervisors and paying ungodly amounts.

1. Boomer docs retiring
2. Boomers getting cancer
3. PCPs no longer managing minor blood dyscrasias and more APPs doing the PCP heavy lifting
4. Quiet quitting or locuming (not attacking you personally Spam). But, the locums market in medonc isn't a bunch of 60 year olds anymore. There are a lot of 40 something medonc locums out there with no intent on settling for a full time position outside of their hometown. Working half time for full price and living the cosmopolitan lifestyle. Not providing even 1/2 the value of a full time doc in reality.
5. Dependence on IMGs. (1/2 of medonc work force. Historically discriminated against in terms of job market and the cornerstone of rural oncology workforce for decades). I don't know if the recent political environment has had an impact, but possible. We can no longer get our hands on young IMGs as they are getting opportunities in and going to more diverse and urban communities (can't blame them).
6. Academic places having no intention of producing community docs. Academic indoctrination and model of the oncologist as researcher and single disease site doc.
7. Large center academic expansion and hiring their own after academic indoctrination or even community fellows for a glorified community position.

Big, big problem and probably intractable over next 10-15 years.
Great opportunity to push for a streamlined RadOnc -> Hem Onc pathway? We're already more than halfway trained. Just need to know how to look at a smear for those damn dyscrasias.

Reactions: 2 users
Great opportunity to push for a streamlined RadOnc -> Hem Onc pathway? We're already more than halfway trained. Just need to know how to look at a smear for those damn dyscrasias.

Heme onc can be done in 4 years with just an intern year. Making any sort of stream lined pathway would undermine that and flood the market which clearly isn’t something anybody wants.

Best you’ll get is an 8 year slog to piss your 20s and early thirties through at which point the academics will continue to be skeptical of being dual Certed.

Hard pass. Can't they just give me a nice computer progam to tell me if A (disease) then B (bag of chemo)? Seems like it should be possible in 2023.

Heme onc can be done in 4 years with just an intern year. Making any sort of stream lined pathway would undermine that and flood the market which clearly isn’t something anybody wants.

Best you’ll get is an 8 year slog to piss your 20s and early thirties through at which point the academics will continue to be skeptical of being dual Certed.
I thought existing programs require IM residency first. Are you talking 4 years in terms of existing programs or just in terms of content?

Agree it's a long slog. But there are those on here that sound disgruntled enough and jealous enough of the med onc market I think someone would bite at the opportunity to use their experience and transition instead of starting from 0

I thought existing programs require IM residency first. Are you talking 4 years in terms of existing programs or just in terms of content?

Agree it's a long slog. But there are those on here that sound disgruntled enough and jealous enough of the med onc market I think someone would bite at the opportunity to use their experience and transition instead of starting from 0

That’s correct. I’m saying they could easily reduce that and probably have competent people.

There’s no reason to not be disgruntled. Rad onc is being side lined for the interests of pharma. And there’s an artificial shortage in Med onc being created by the lack of programs and the excessive length of training especially when more and more people are expected to have a cancer diagnosis in the next 10 years.

Pharma are criminals but Med onc community especially at influential institutions have done little to deal with the shortage and should also be blamed for their self interest masquerading as concern for patient safety.

Another one:

South Georgia Radiation Oncology Position
Charming South Georgia Living
in Great Central Location​

Join outstanding Cancer Center team
connected to a top rated regional hospital​

• $550K base salary plus work RVU bonuses
  • Relocation package
  • Sign on bonus
  • Commencement bonus for new grads
  • Tuition reimbursement up to $75K
  • Generous PTO
  • CME days
  • 3 -year contract
  • Malpractice insurance covered
  • Resident/Fellow stipend
  • Two Elekta VersaHD Linear Accelerators
  • State-of-the-art cancer treatment simulator
  • Precision Medicine and Clinical Trials site, including immunotherapies
  • J1, H1b Visa candidates encouraged to apply

190804_crescent.jpg
190804_canoe.jpg
190804_shop.jpg

Short Scenic Drives to Florida Atlantic
and Gulf Coast Pristine Beaches​

• Amazing community with thriving businesses, vibrant downtown eateries and tranquil parks
  • Conveniently located near Moody Air Force Base and VA clinic
  • Affordable housing including swim / tennis / golf and country club options
  • Highly ranked public schools and private options
  • State University presence
  • Unlimited recreation, entertainment and arts

Yes you and your children will be surrounded by the finest MAGA breathing cretins in which to spend your glorious 20X the average income in charming nowheresville..

Welcome one.. welcome all.. you have arrived..

joe don baker drugs GIF

Yes you and your children will be surrounded by the finest MAGA breathing cretins in which to spend your glorious 20X the average income in charming nowheresville..

Welcome one.. welcome all.. you have arrived..

joe don baker drugs GIF
Heaven for the weather and hell for the conversation. Though not exactly apropos here. In any case, at least it's warm.

Ain't that bad is not a recruiting slogan where I'm from, but to each their own I suppose.

Speaking of to each their own.. that might impact who might feel more or less comfortable in.. Savannah.

Another one:

South Georgia Radiation Oncology Position
Charming South Georgia Living
in Great Central Location​

Join outstanding Cancer Center team
connected to a top rated regional hospital​

• $550K base salary plus work RVU bonuses
  • Relocation package
  • Sign on bonus
  • Commencement bonus for new grads
  • Tuition reimbursement up to $75K
  • Generous PTO
  • CME days
  • 3 -year contract
  • Malpractice insurance covered
  • Resident/Fellow stipend
  • Two Elekta VersaHD Linear Accelerators
  • State-of-the-art cancer treatment simulator
  • Precision Medicine and Clinical Trials site, including immunotherapies
  • J1, H1b Visa candidates encouraged to apply

190804_crescent.jpg
190804_canoe.jpg
190804_shop.jpg

Short Scenic Drives to Florida Atlantic
and Gulf Coast Pristine Beaches​

• Amazing community with thriving businesses, vibrant downtown eateries and tranquil parks
  • Conveniently located near Moody Air Force Base and VA clinic
  • Affordable housing including swim / tennis / golf and country club options
  • Highly ranked public schools and private options
  • State University presence
  • Unlimited recreation, entertainment and arts
I am going with Albany or Tifton.

@Gfunk6 you seem to get way more solicitaitons for these sorts of jobs than I do.... not complaining b/c I can't imagine I'd ever give them a call back, just something I'm noticing

@Gfunk6 you seem to get way more solicitaitons for these sorts of jobs than I do.... not complaining b/c I can't imagine I'd ever give them a call back, just something I'm noticing
I'm pretty aggressive with my spam filters so this is curious to me too. Maybe the recruiters have found buzzwords that help them bypass filters?? Who knows . . .

I'd be upset if my filter blocked unlimited recreation.
Oh you didn't know? Your Chief Health Information Officer asked your Vice President of Clinical Operations to task the Oncology Service Line Director with having the 0.5 FTE Clinical Research Coordinator review your email personally and delete anything that might spark any sense of joy in your body.

Savannah, GA is way too nice a place to not explicitly state location in a job ad. After some sleuthing, this place appears to be in Valdosta GA. Closest major city is Talahassee
I grew up in North Florida and the ad basically spells out that it’s in Valdosta. Moody AFB is around 20-30 miles north. It’s a cute small town but definitely not for everyone. Nice for a weekend but I can’t imagine living there permanently.

I grew up in North Florida and the ad basically spells out that it’s in Valdosta. Moody AFB is around 20-30 miles north. It’s a cute small town but definitely not for everyone. Nice for a weekend but I can’t imagine living there permanently.

Most of the places that are being recruited for I can’t imagine living in

Reactions: 3 users
I can't imagine living where I work but here we are.. Sort of.

I mean if you had just networked harder or published ground breaking research you wouldn’t be in this situation. So really it’s a personal failing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I can't imagine living where I work but here we are.. Sort of.
In my younger years, I never would have expected to end up where I am, much less be extremely happy. Even god fearing grain fed midwestern lifers look at my like Im crazy when they hear I left the coast to come live in flyover country. To each their own.

Reactions: 4 users