Unsolicited Letter Nervousness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulscientist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recognize that this is mostly nervousness acting up as it is just over a week before I hear back from my last couple med schools (places that I really liked), though what I'm feeling a bit tense about is an irrational fear that people, for whatever reason, could send an unsolicited email to my desired med schools, impeding acceptance to programs that I really like. I understand why I'm feeling this way (stressful situations can rekindle my neural pathways of times when I could not trust people) and I read a similar forum saying it is very unlikely to happen and even if it does happen, it is unlikely to go anywhere, though what are other people's thoughts/knowledge? This is more a "things are going to be alright, future physician" talk than anything, I'm just nervous, understandably of course.

(for people's information, I get along with most people. I would not say I have enemies (there are people I no longer keep in touch with), my letters of rec are good [all of the people have known me for years and like me], and others have said my interviews went well after I let them know how things worked out)

Cheers,
HopefulScientist

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This happens to me all the time. I never try to get people mad at me*, but if it's unavoidable, I start to think just like you. Just knock it off, you will be fine.

*Statement not entirely true --- sometimes I rag on the kids I smoke in NHL '16 because I took them on an all-inclusive trip to Dangle City (with a 2-hour layover in Ouch Town).

Reactions: 1 user