-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNT CoP Inaugural Class Hopefulls!
Started by Quiobole
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am just wondering how does everyone know if all their application materials and reference letters have been received by the school. Does anyone receive the confirmation email? Or it's better to call the school and check?
- They said that they will send an email once in receipt of all materials.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile
Did anyone get an email that' said this ---
Please review the following clarification on our website regarding a minimum overall 2.50 GPA on prerequisite coursework:
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/scp/admission.cfm
If you elect an exemption for general education prerequisite requirements based upon a completed bachelors (or higher) degree from an accredited U.S. College or university, then only your math and science prerequisite coursework will be included in the GPA calculation.
What do you think it means, what should you do if you do have a bachelors degree?
I got it. I had the same question. I think what it means that if you have a degree they only take your math and science grades to determine your gpa whereas those who don't have a degree they count everything like Physics and English Comp. stuff like that. At least that's what I took from it.
I'm not liking their application. I wonder if I have to send my previous PCAT score to them too. I have taken it twice.
I got it. I had the same question. I think what it means that if you have a degree they only take your math and science grades to determine your gpa whereas those who don't have a degree they count everything like Physics and English Comp. stuff like that. At least that's what I took from it.
I'm not liking their application. I wonder if I have to send my previous PCAT score to them too. I have taken it twice.
I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. I bet they have had a lot of people ask about which GPA UNT would be taking into consideration if they have a bachelor's degree and didn't have to enter in grades for the non-science courses.
Also, I would send them all of your old PCAT scores.. or at least that's what I did so they could verify the scores I put in on the application. One of those "better safe than sorry" things. Go to the Transcripts tab at the top of the Pearson PCAT website. It costs $20. Hopefully they get on the PharmCAS bandwagon in the coming years.
I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. I bet they have had a lot of people ask about which GPA UNT would be taking into consideration if they have a bachelor's degree and didn't have to enter in grades for the non-science courses.
Also, I would send them all of your old PCAT scores.. or at least that's what I did so they could verify the scores I put in on the application. One of those "better safe than sorry" things. Go to the Transcripts tab at the top of the Pearson PCAT website. It costs $20. Hopefully they get on the PharmCAS bandwagon in the coming years.
Seriously. Pharmcas is so much easier. I dont know if they received any of my stuff. Probably have to call them tomorrow.
Hey what did you guys put on the "ID" portion of the evaluation form? Your school ID # or your state ID #?
- I think that only needs to be filled out only if you are an actual UNT student.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile
For some reason they sent me back one of my teachers evaluation back to me instead of the teacher. I guess there was no purpose of signing that wavier.
Just got an email from the CoP in response to some questions I had. I thought I'd share the information I received on what's going on with the application process right now
1) Their IT department is making a checklist for everyone, and they will be sending out emails with your respective checklist telling you whether or not your application is complete. I was not given a time frame for when these would be sent, but be aware that it's unnecessary to email them asking for the status of your application or to see if anything is missing.
2) Interviews are "likely to begin in February" (verbatim from the email). There's no solid answer on when exactly the invites will be sent out.
3) They have over 600 applicants so far.
Pretty impressive considering the application has only been open since mid-October. To give everyone an idea of how this number compares to other pharmacy schools in Texas,
UT's Fall 2011 admissions report shows 532 applications submitted. Texas Tech's 2012 admissions report shows 660 applications.
Hope this answered some questions or was useful for anyone applying to the UNT System College of Pharmacy!
1) Their IT department is making a checklist for everyone, and they will be sending out emails with your respective checklist telling you whether or not your application is complete. I was not given a time frame for when these would be sent, but be aware that it's unnecessary to email them asking for the status of your application or to see if anything is missing.
2) Interviews are "likely to begin in February" (verbatim from the email). There's no solid answer on when exactly the invites will be sent out.
3) They have over 600 applicants so far.
Pretty impressive considering the application has only been open since mid-October. To give everyone an idea of how this number compares to other pharmacy schools in Texas,
UT's Fall 2011 admissions report shows 532 applications submitted. Texas Tech's 2012 admissions report shows 660 applications.
Hope this answered some questions or was useful for anyone applying to the UNT System College of Pharmacy!
Just got an email from the CoP in response to some questions I had. I thought I'd share the information I received on what's going on with the application process right now
1) Their IT department is making a checklist for everyone, and they will be sending out emails with your respective checklist telling you whether or not your application is complete. I was not given a time frame for when these would be sent, but be aware that it's unnecessary to email them asking for the status of your application or to see if anything is missing.
2) Interviews are "likely to begin in February" (verbatim from the email). There's no solid answer on when exactly the invites will be sent out.
3) They have over 600 applicants so far.
Pretty impressive considering the application has only been open since mid-October. To give everyone an idea of how this number compares to other pharmacy schools in Texas,
UT's Fall 2011 admissions report shows 532 applications submitted. Texas Tech's 2012 admissions report shows 660 applications.
Hope this answered some questions or was useful for anyone applying to the UNT System College of Pharmacy!
- Thanks for clarifying that.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile
When you look at the numbers..600 doesn't mean just for UNT. It just means this year there are 600 of us (applicants) to the five pharmacy schools. It looks like everyone is applying to all the five schools. Actually, if the number stayed at 600 applicants - almost 500 of us have a decent chance of getting into a pharmacy school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if they will not accept late october/early november pcat scores? I took it for the first time then.
Last edited:
anyone know if they will not accept late october/early november pcat scores? I took it for the first time then.
Unfortunately, they won't accept any scores after September 2012.
Refer to the frequently asked questions on their website.
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/SCP/FAQs.cfm#PCAT
I also received an interview invitation as well. 🙂 Very excited! Interviews from February 11 - April 19th
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Please Lilpeach and pharm170 can you share your statistics like pcat, gpa for me please
Please, carolynred, can you share your statistics like GPA, PCAT SCORE.I also received an interview invitation as well. 🙂 Very excited! Interviews from February 11 - April 19th
Good luck everyone!
Please can you share your statistics.thanksI just received an interview invitation today at 1.37pm. Check your inbox 🙂
Has anyone found out their interview dates yet? (not just received invites)
Sure!Please, carolynred, can you share your statistics like GPA, PCAT SCORE.
EDIT: Changed because I do not want my information all on the internet. (Yes, I know its too late, but still)
Thanks for understanding!
Last edited:
Hi carolynred, if i may asked when did you summit your application and are you from texas. Are you a UNT STUDENT.Thanks for the statistics.
HI have heard anything from UNT
Hi carolynred, if i may asked when did you summit your application and are you from texas. Are you a UNT STUDENT.Thanks for the statistics.
Any chance if you can message me about it? I would prefer to not tell ALL of my information online. 🙂 Thank you!
Last edited:
the interview invite lists dates that we can choose from and request for the interview.Has anyone found out their interview dates yet? (not just received invites)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please Rx 1981 can you share your statistics.
Please Rx 1981 can you share your statistics.
PCAT: 72
Gpa: 3.53
anyone interview with unt yet? My interview date is this coming Feb. 13
. I have no idea how the interview work at unt
anyone interview with unt yet? My interview date is this coming Feb. 13. I have no idea how the interview work at unt
I'm interviewing on the 18th of February lol..not really sure what to expect 😕
Last edited:
cool. maybe i'll see you there. My interview is from 1-5
Has anyone received invitations yet? I just got my interview invite for 2/18
Stats
GPA 3.79
BS - Biology
PCAT 66%
10+ retail pharmacy experience
Stats
GPA 3.79
BS - Biology
PCAT 66%
10+ retail pharmacy experience
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i interviewed today and i am not impressed, what did everyone else think? 😎
It's the very first year the program has been in existence. Not sure what you expected--there will be 'kinks' to work out over the next few years with regards to curriculum, faculty, etc. UNT-pharm is positioning itself to educate pharmacists from all geographic areas of Texas, particularly those who attended college in the DFW area or those who may be second career students. Personally, I'm impressed with what I've seen considering this is their first year. The great thing about this process is that nobody will force you to attend.
i went to the information seminar and the interview and they seemed that they expected a lot out of you but i didnt feel like that it was returned. the majority of faculty seemed alright the rest were very snobby, they kept praising the dean for having a lotion line. i mean cmon thats cool but what else are his accomplishments, they told us to google him, so the main thing they focused on was that he made lotion? hmmm im not impressed. there was no rough draft of schedule for the curriculum even a list of classes for the 4 years. i understand the school is under construction so could they get an artist to draw up what it may look like when it done? my second interview was with a pharmacist who seemed to not be engaged in the interview at all he didnt even take any notes of anything i said making it seem like i just wasted my time. also none of my questions for rotation sites and naplex questions went unanswered. one of the faculty told me "dont worry about the naplex, its just a test to gauge whether youre smart enough to be a pharmacist or not" um ok?
Glad I'm going to Tech!! Sounds rough...
i went to the information seminar and the interview and they seemed that they expected a lot out of you but i didnt feel like that it was returned. the majority of faculty seemed alright the rest were very snobby, they kept praising the dean for having a lotion line. i mean cmon thats cool but what else are his accomplishments, they told us to google him, so the main thing they focused on was that he made lotion? hmmm im not impressed. there was no rough draft of schedule for the curriculum even a list of classes for the 4 years. i understand the school is under construction so could they get an artist to draw up what it may look like when it done? my second interview was with a pharmacist who seemed to not be engaged in the interview at all he didnt even take any notes of anything i said making it seem like i just wasted my time. also none of my questions for rotation sites and naplex questions went unanswered. one of the faculty told me "dont worry about the naplex, its just a test to gauge whether youre smart enough to be a pharmacist or not" um ok?
The entire campus is completed, with the exception of the hallway that connects RES and EAD. It used to be the hallway the displayed pictures of previously graduated TCOM classes. The pharm students will now occupy the classrooms that the 1st and 2nd year DO students used prior to the construction of the MET building across the street. An artist rendering of a hallway...I'm being punk'd, right?!
The curriculum is mostly mandated by the accrediting body, so there's not much variability. Look at any pharm school in the country and the P1 curriculum has several similarities...biochem, medicinal chem, pharmacology, etc
You said "none of your questions....went unanswered". How is that a bad thing?
I've had interaction with the faculty, some of whom I've know for years and none of them are snobby. It's professional school, not undergrad...you go there, get what you need and roll out.
Maybe as a student with an advanced degree, my outlook is different. Obviously, as a potential consumer (student), you have to make sure the product offered will meet your expectations and needs. If there is doubt that is substantiated, you should go somewhere else. Why spend 4 years, countless hours and 100k if you can't do it with confidence, right?
...
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K