UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceMONSTAR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did not see one for Class of 2019, so I decided to make one. Any of yall applying?

Members don't see this ad.

I will if I did not get into my first choice.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I recently received an interview there on the Sept. 30 and now im waiting...REALLY NERVOUS!!!

I am still waiting for a letter to go through... What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

3.27 cGPA, 96 PCAT, great LORs (at least 2 of the three for sure), great leadership experience including a national leadership award, and two years of research on Alzheimer's.

You're looking better than me. 3.21 GPA, 82 PCAT, great LOR's, no leadership experience. I worked 40 hours per week while going to school full time for my first degree. With all of the classes and work, I had no time to do any sort of volunteer/leadership things. It's the only part I'm slightly concerned about.

But the whole working and getting an education thing will look pretty solid. I actually just got an interview invite for the 21st of this month! I'm pretty excited!

But the whole working and getting an education thing will look pretty solid. I actually just got an interview invite for the 21st of this month! I'm pretty excited!

Congrats! May I ask when you submitted your application and supplemental?

Well my application was verified a week ago and the supplemental was done before. My last letter of recommendation was sent yesterday... And I got the invite today.

Wow that was fast! Hopefully, they'll review my application sometime soon. I submitted my stuff about the same time as you.

I got an interview invitation for oct/21. I submitted my application on monday 12th and i havent pay the suplemental fee yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invitation for oct/21. I submitted my application on monday 12th and i havent pay the suplemental fee yet.
Congratulations!!!

I am still waiting for Texas A&M. The wait is killing me.

Which interview session are you going to on the 21st?

Congratulations!!!

I am still waiting for Texas A&M. The wait is killing me.
Thank you.
Im applying for Texas A&M regular decision also. I have not heard anything back from them yet. I guess they wait until the deadline to choose applicants for interview process.

Awesome! I recently received an interview there on the Sept. 30 and now im waiting...REALLY NERVOUS!!!
May I ask you how your interview process was? Was it hard/stressful? Was it included a lot of ethnic questions? I know you are not allow to disscuss the questions they asked you during the interview. I just like to know about the process so I can prepare for it. I have mine next week and I am super nervous.
Thank you very much and good luck to you.

May I ask you how your interview process was? Was it hard/stressful? Was it included a lot of ethnic questions? I know you are not allow to disscuss the questions they asked you during the interview. I just like to know about the process so I can prepare for it. I have mine next week and I am super nervous.
Thank you very much and good luck to you.

Yeah I can't discuss the questions, but it was really good. I don't get that nervous during the interview its more of an anxious feeling before the interview lol But there is two interviews, one with a pharmacist and one with the faculty member. There is also a writing portion which isn't hard or anything. The interview overall was good, it was a laid back interview but also professional at the same time. They also give you a tour and stuff. The current students are really nice also, I met them while we were waiting for our interviews lol Everyone is very nice and you just need to relax and be yourself :)

Yeah I can't discuss the questions, but it was really good. I don't get that nervous during the interview its more of an anxious feeling before the interview lol But there is two interviews, one with a pharmacist and one with the faculty member. There is also a writing portion which isn't hard or anything. The interview overall was good, it was a laid back interview but also professional at the same time. They also give you a tour and stuff. The current students are really nice also, I met them while we were waiting for our interviews lol Everyone is very nice and you just need to relax and be yourself :)
Thank you very much for the information. :)

Hi, everyone I got accept today 10/16/2014. Interview day September 30.

So excite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished interviewing! It was not bad at all!

It's so nice meeting all of you at the evening interview.

Congrats everyone here of choosing pharmacy as their lifetime profession.

My name is Joey Nguyen, a current first year student at UNT System College of Pharmacy. I know how everyone here is feeling because I was in the same situation last year. UNT pharmacy admission is a long process; what makes it worse is that you can do nothing except to wait. I was worried, and checking my email every ten minutes. But ya'll know what? I eventually missed the phone call about my acceptance. What I want to share is that if something is determined to happen, then it will happen sooner or later. If you had been working hard during your undergrad years, I trust that you can make it in this competitive process.

If there is any questions, don't hesitate to post them. I'll do my best to help

I got offered an interview for 10/24, but had to reschedule due to personal conflicts and I have a few questions about UNT.

I know it's only been two months, but how have you enjoyed UNT so far?

How are the professors there? Are they easy to approach and willing to help?

What are the pros/cons of being such a new program?

Based on the current progress of the program, is UNT on track towards accreditation?

What is Fort Worth (oops) like as a city?

Last edited:
The UNT system college of pharmacy is actually in Forth worth. I think forth worth area is nice. I came there today for an interview and it was fine.
Good luck on your interview.

The UNT system college of pharmacy is actually in Forth worth. I think forth worth area is nice. I came there today for an interview and it was fine.
Good luck on your interview.
Did you check out some apt complex in the vicinity as well?:rolleyes:

Did you check out some apt complex in the vicinity as well?:rolleyes:
Haha! No i have not yet done that yesterday. I finished my interview at 5 and i worn out. I just wanted to go home. Lol. Where do you live? I live an hour away from Forth worth and I have friends there. I can ask them if u need information about apartment conplex. :)

Thanks, but I did not apply to UNT. Currently I am still waiting for Texas A&M and it's my No.1 school. Most of my prerequisits were taken overseas so I am not qualified for UNT. Most of schools here in Texas are not friendly to international students/credits.

Did you apply to Texas Tech? You can choose P3/P4 over here in Dallas, close to where you live.

Thanks, but I did not apply to UNT. Currently I am still waiting for Texas A&M and it's my No.1 school. Most of my prerequisits were taken overseas so I am not qualified for UNT. Most of schools here in Texas are not friendly to international students/credits.

Did you apply to Texas Tech? You can choose P3/P4 over here in Dallas, close to where you live.
Yes i applied to texas Tech and A&M. I haven not heard anything from them. I think they are still busy with Early decision

Just interviewed today! 1-5 p.m. :)
Everyone was so wonderful! It was an enjoyable experience! Definitely considering UNT now

I got offered an interview for 10/24, but had to reschedule due to personal conflicts and I have a few questions about UNT.

I know it's only been two months, but how have you enjoyed UNT so far?

How are the professors there? Are they easy to approach and willing to help?

What are the pros/cons of being such a new program?

Based on the current progress of the program, is UNT on track towards accreditation?

What is Fort Worth (oops) like as a city?

So far, I've really enjoyed all my classes. In the first semester, the classes I'm taking is Pharmaceutics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacy Practice, Self Care, Clinical case study, Skill Lab, and IPPE. Pharmaceutics is my favorite class so far. Here I've learned about new stuffs such as tablets, powder, oinment, cream as drug dosage forms. Also I am reviewed of many old stuffs from undergrad years such as base and acids, buffer, or pH. There are assignment readings for each class session, and I've been getting used to this pattern until now.

In our class, everyone is friendly and we're trying to help others each day. Not like in undergrad years when you come to class, and then leave by yourself. Here people are socializing inside and ouside of class such as this week P1 and P2 met and played volleyball together.

The professors at UNT system are very friendly; They're happy to help me out when I have questions. Dr Wu, one of the physiology professors, actuaclly danced in class to describe the concept of cardiac waves. On the other hand, there are a few professors with mild accent that you really need to read the assignment before coming to class.

As your concern, I was also worried about whether UNT pharmacy school can get accredited through ACPE, but then I simply believe that when this pharmacy is developed, both the student body and the falculties are working hard to achieve the accreditation. Our goal is not to open a pharmacy school, and then get it disqualified. I trusted the school when I applied; I strongly encourage you to give us your trust once you've applied at UNT system. And as you know now this past summer, UNT college of pharmacy has been granted its candidate status, we expect to get fully accredited in 2017!

The good side about our new program is that the falculties are willing and considering the student body voice. As I know there was a meeting between the professors and students to give their evaluation about the program last year. Thanks to the current P2, our class was given one week break during the couse of this semester. Also at UNT, each month pharmacist students are involved in a learning activity on campus with TCOM , PA, Nursing, Social worker, Public health students to learn about each profession . It is called Interprofessional Education (IPE); here in professional programs we are learning not only to pass exams, but to be a professional and a team member.

I'm from Austin. But I fall in love with Fort Worth when I moved here. The city is not that much crowded compared to Houston or Austin. If you live close to UNT System within 5-8 miles range, there are Walmart, Sam's club, and variety of restaurants from Chinese to Mexican. Looking for place to play? don't worried we'll show you where next year.

Reactions: 1 users
In your interview session, did you see many international students or merely none as described on UNT website? Could not believe it's one of the harsh schools that completely shut doors to internationals.

In your interview session, did you see many international students or merely none as described on UNT website? Could not believe it's one of the harsh schools that completely shut doors to internationals.[/QUOTE/]

Wow, that is very weird that they dont accept international students. During the interview, i did not know if any of them are international students or not, but I am sure there are some students who English is their second language. so is mine.

Man, I should have applied. j/k/ I am pretty happy with A&M now. Do you know your tuition rate yet? A&M just mentioned a tuition increase for class entering 2015, but has not updated it on the website. With this bleak economy and forecast saturation, I guess everyone wants to head into the cheapest schools.

a&
Man, I should have applied. j/k/ I am pretty happy with A&M now. Do you know your tuition rate yet? A&M just mentioned a tuition increase for class entering 2015, but has not updated it on the website. With this bleak economy and forecast saturation, I guess everyone wants to head into the cheapest schools.
I wanna go to A&M or tech because Their tuition is a lot cheaper. I looked at the tuition rate for UNT before but I forgot the exactly ammount. However, it is expensive than A&M and Tech.

Im happy for you that you got accepted to A&M. It seem like a very neat school.

Accepted Nov 10, interviewed Oct. 24 :)

Just interviewed today! 1-5 p.m. :)
Everyone was so wonderful! It was an enjoyable experience! Definitely considering UNT now

Who were you at the interview? I was one of the other 7 or 8 people there =0!

My interview is scheduled for tomorrow 1-5 pm. Hope to see some of you there. I'm so nervous and excited.

Did anyone here interview today? I talked to one of the admin's she said we should hear something before Christmas break.