Unverified observation hours after PTCAS mailing date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leannakin325

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My PTCAS app was mailed yesterday, 1/8/13. One of my references for observation e-verification has been procrastinating with me despite informing them of the deadline. I requested back in 11/13/12 and kept in touch. In the last week I have gotten seval excuses about being away, telling me they would do it this day and that. I have so far been calm and courteous about the issue.

I know that PTCAS fwds updated materials to schools as they come....
My question is: how quickly does schools make admissions decisions? Will this hurt me if they send the observation hours a week later? (I'm assuming they mail fwd materials the next week?)

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for your reply, but ptcas already mailed on 1/8 and she finally e-verified on 1/9, I was just wondering the decision time at admissions office, considering my materials are supposedly forwarded.

Members don't see this ad :)
can't answer your question because you haven't said where you applied. Look at each school and find out their timeline i.e. when interviews are and when acceptances are sent out. you sent your app pretty late so i'm assuming you are applying to schools with Feb/March deadlines. In that case, you're fine.

Thank you Nicole J!

My earliest deadline was for stony brook 12/17. Couple others have a deadline 1/15: NYMC, NYIT, the rest are LIU-Bkln, Touro-Manhattan, Dominican in Blauvelt, due in March/May.

I submitted 11/30, verified 1/2 and mailed on 1/8.

The PT-observation verification I'm speaking of was not e-submitted until 1/9,

PTCAS claims that it forwards documents as they are received after application has been mailed. Just wondering how much this hurts me and if anyone has any info on how quickly Stony Brook makes their decision: it says on their supplemental application that they will not consider you until your supplemental app is complete (I already payed the fee today).

Any info?