UofL vs UIC vs UTH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRANTWAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of you on here med students at UofL? Can you tell me about the school and if you like it and if you are happy there.

What are the pros and cons of UIC what do you think of the school for the students who go there....

Any med students from UT-Houston what are the pros and cons?

Members don't see this ad.

UIC is a great school. lots of clinical exposure early, well known outside of illinois, great opportunites for research. there's a lot of red tape and stuff like that involved, but any med school is going to have hoops you have to jump through. all in all though, i think compared with other schools UIC is less "cushy". that's the big con, if you're looking for that don't go to UIC cause it's a state school and they won't pamper you at all.

hey, finishing up my first year here at UTH.

kind of in the middle of tests right now, but if you have any specfic questions, feel free to pm me and I'll get back to you this weekend.

i can't vouch for how well-known UIC is outside of illinois, but i agree imtiaz on the other counts. early clinical exposure and good clinical training are strengths of the school. learning how to be independent and self-motivated are also good things, but come at the cost of not being pampered. plus, you have the opportunity to be in chicago (unless you get one of the other 3 campuses). like i've said in another thread, if you're an illinois resident, UIC is a good deal (good == not hideously expensive). but if you're coming from out of state, the price tag may not be worth it.