UOP acceptance 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any idea about the moving of alternate list in UOP :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on alternate pool too. :confused:

dentist80

Congrats to all who made and All the very best to friends who are waiting. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
HI

Congrats to everyone. Enjoy your moment. Party hard. Don't stress about what you have to do once you start and all that. It will all fall into place.

Oh yes, please add your info in the Acceptance Thread 2008/2009.

Thanks

Cheers

Congrats to everyone in the acceptance list and Good luck to all of those in the waiting list.

I've gotten a few private messagges asking about UOP waiting list and its movement, the answer: I do not know. I wasn't waitlisted in my time, so I'm not familiar on how it works and I certanly have no access to any of that information nor I want to have. I wish I could tell you all that you'll get call, but I don't know that either.

All I can say is that pray and hope that the overlap between UCSF and UOP is as great as it is every year, that may increase the chances of pulling people out of the waiting list into the acceptance list.

Again, congrats and good luck .

I am on UOP alternate list as well.
Congrats to all those who made it into UCSF and UOP.It is Finally over! :thumbup:

Good luck to all those in the waiting list....looks like there is some overlap with people accepted into UOP and UCSF...guess we'll have to wait and see.
To my best knowledge nobody gives out info on how many on the wait list,how it moves,our respective position etc.
Think patience is the key here. :sleep:

I'm on UOP alternate list!
CONGRATS to all accepted ..UOP is a great school!.. :thumbup: :luck:

Kindly all those choosing schools of their choice ..make up your minds soon and inform the rest of the schools that you will not be joining them..or take yourself of the WAITLIST if you have been accepted at any school in CA...so that others get a equal chance of being accepted also ..
Thanks and good Luck
ta :luck:

D(M)ental said:
I am on UOP alternate list as well.
Congrats to all those who made it into UCSF and UOP.It is Finally over! :thumbup:

Good luck to all those in the waiting list....looks like there is some overlap with people accepted into UOP and UCSF...guess we'll have to wait and see.
To my best knowledge nobody gives out info on how many on the wait list,how it moves,our respective position etc.
Think patience is the key here. :sleep:

hi! i am on the alternate list as well.....good luck everyone ! Please make your choices so that some of us can benefit from your decisions.....

did all of you on alternate receive rhe mail or just speak with UOP? :)

did all of you on alternate receive the mail or just speak with UOP? :)

hey yasi,
I received a regular mail that said I was on the alternate pool!!

dentist80

dentist80 said:
hey yasi,

dentist80
thank you,do you know how many people are on alternate?

SJ35 said:
Yes, I decided to joim UOP
Hey SJ35,

Did you inform UIC that u were declining their offer? I'm on waiting list at UIC. I hope u'll understand my concern.. thanks in advance.

dentist80.

Members don't see this ad :)
yasi said:
thank you,do you know how many people are on alternate?
I'm sorry I dont know yasi.

dentist80.

dentist80 said:
Hey SJ35,

Did you inform UIC that u were declining their offer? I'm on waiting list at UIC. I hope u'll understand my concern.. thanks in advance.

dentist80.

I mailed them the official form they ask for with the notice that I chose not to join the class. So, don't worry, one seat is already empty. Maybe you will get it :)

SJ35 said:
I mailed them the official form they ask for with the notice that I chose not to join the class. So, don't worry, one seat is already empty. Maybe you will get it :)
Thanks a lot SJ35. I really appreciate your prompt reply.

dentist80.

any movement on the alternate list at UOP??
thanks
ta

dentist80 said:
hey yasi,

dentist80

any movement in ALTERNATE !!!!

Hey Yasi n Toothavenue,
I called UOP and they said by 1st week of Jan we should probably hear from them.
So, lets keep our fingers crossed.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Hi All,
I too got accepted to UOP but have declined for upenn. this will open up a seat for someone in the alternate pool. All the best!

I have relinquished my seat at uop a long time ago, i hope that alternate list will move pretty soon. best of luck guys. bye
flosser said:
Hi All,
I too got accepted to UOP but have declined for upenn. this will open up a seat for someone in the alternate pool. All the best!

I have relinquished my seat at uop a long time ago, i hope that alternate list will move pretty soon. best of luck guys. bye
flosser said:
Hi All,

gumpads said:
Hey Yasi n Toothavenue,
I called UOP and they said by 1st week of Jan we should probably hear from them.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Any news for ALTERNATE list ????!!!! :luck:

Nothing yet yasi.... still waiting.....

dentist80.

Hi i am wondering if anyone heard anything on the alternate list.........

mehak said:
Hi i am wondering if anyone heard anything on the alternate list.........
nothing yet...

I am in the waiting list also.

yasi said:
nothing yet...
did any one speak with UOP (Mrs Pat) about alternate list? :luck:

gumpads said:
Hey Yasi n Toothavenue,
GOOD LUCK TO ALL....
any movement on ALTERNATE list?

please some movement post it ....

Hi Mehak ...
This year 500+ applied to UoP.
80-90 (not sure) got interviews
21 accepted, 21 alternate.
I got on the alternate list.
My stats,
I:81, II:82, TFL:273, Nation.:Egyptian, Exp.: 1yr egy, 2yr DA USA.
Hope it helps, thanks.

mehak said:
Hi! can anyone shed light on the no of applicants that are put in the alternate list at uop....congratulations to all who have made it ....

NileBDS said:
Hi Mehak ...
This year 500+ applied to UoP.
80-90 (not sure) got interviews
21 accepted, 21 alternate.
I got on the alternate list.
My stats,
I:81, II:82, TFL:273, Nation.:Egyptian, Exp.: 1yr egy, 2yr DA USA.
Hope it helps, thanks.
are you sure that 21 are on alternate list?ohhhhhhhhhh

yasi said:
are you share 21 on alternate list?ohhhhhhhhhh

You asked, I replied. Please don't quote me ...
That's what I remember them saying in the interview orientation, but why don't you try contacting them for yourself ? Heres their website conatct info;

http://dental.pacific.edu/admissions1/IDS/contact.htm
E-mail: [email protected]

They are very helpful and will be glad to answer your question with more certainty.

Good luck.

yasi said:
are you share 21 on alternate list?ohhhhhhhhhh

You asked, I replied. Please don't quote me ...
That's what I remember them saying in the interview orientation, but why don't you try and contact them for yourself ? Here's their website conatct info;

http://dental.pacific.edu/admissions1/IDS/contact.htm
E-mail: [email protected]

They are very helpful and will be glad to answer your question with more certainty.

Good luck.

gumpads said:
Hey Yasi n Toothavenue,
GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Hey tooth avenue
When they said we should probably hear from them by 1st week of Jan., did they mean that we would know our position on the list or whether we would be advanced to the acceptance list/positions ?
I would appreciate it if you can clarify that. I would call them, but since you already did, I don't want to jam their phone lines ... :)
Thanks.

PS: Quick side note. In the orientation, Dr. Neilsen said "we have had to go into the waiting list as late as june in order to fill up incoming IDS classes". Just an insight for the collegues asking about how long we would be on the waiting list.

Thanks everyone.

hi,
congrats for ur acceptance.can u post ur credentials.can u also tell us how the interview process at uop was?will greatly appreciate ur input.thanks

Are you directing your question to me SGN ? I would be glad to help, although I am on the waiting list ... I have not been accepted yet.
let me know if you still would like my feedback.
Good luck.

gumpads said:
Hey Yasi n Toothavenue,
GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

did you hear anything?

Hopefully ..things will move faster on the alternate list..!!! :sleep:
good luck

Hey Yasi,
I havent heard anything. Well, when i called them again they said we have to wait till march and they also said it could be any time till the college starts. I guess we just have to wait now. Always HOPE FOR THE BEST.
mean while just chill n have fun.(hard though)

Hi classmates,
Does anyone know anything about the second deposit? How much it would be? Warren Chang only mentioned that I will have to pay the second deposit by the end of april in the e-mail serving as the first deposit- receipt, but he didn't say how much.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
USDDS2008.

mrk75 said:
Hi! I also got the good news today,I am accepted at UOP :)

did any one in alternate list get a call?

USDDS2008 said:
Hi classmates,
Does anyone know anything about the second deposit? How much it would be? Warren Chang only mentioned that I will have to pay the second deposit by the end of april in the e-mail serving as the first deposit- receipt, but he didn't say how much.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
USDDS2008.

I think it's around $4000, but that's yet to be decided.

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi Guys..
I haven't heard anything as of today..
and nothing in my mail box.. :confused:
anyone heard anything today..kindly post your results..
there were atleast .28-30 of us...from sdn..what happened ??..
did you guys hear anything today??
ADD YOUR name if you have not been included in this list!!!!!!!!!
the list..moves on.. :luck:
Kilani-accepted at UOP
Goal- UOP
Scarlet fever- accepted at UOP
mrk75- accepted at UOP
Brazuca
SJ35- accepted at UOP
Sweetsmile-Accepted at UOP
Candies
Waso
Smiletoo
Mali80
Gumpads
Gaura nitai
Phildent
Surmad
Dentist 80
toothavenue
96guydoc
pankajs
sushila
alabama79
drmini
Chrisoo
D(m)ental
Mehak
Smit72
Boardssuccess --- Accepted

Hi
I live near chicago and was wondering if any of the people accepted live around chicago / in the midwest as well
The reason i ask is am thinking of ways to move my stuff to SF when the time comes.
You could mail me at:
[email protected]

Hi,

I live near Chicago too. I was thinking about the same thing myself. When are you planning to move to San Francisco? I havent decided yet but I was thinking of moving there sometime in May or June. We can talk more and plan out something regarding moving our stuff. What is your name?

boardssuccess said:
Hi
I live near chicago and was wondering if any of the people accepted live around chicago / in the midwest as well
The reason i ask is am thinking of ways to move my stuff to SF when the time comes.
You could mail me at:
[email protected]

I got an e-mail for Mr.Warren Chang saying that the UOP class of 21 students is currently full and that I may be contacted from now upto July if a vacancy comes up and that my $500 deposit will be returned is september if I am not offere a place in UOP.So thats that for me at this point.

boardssuccess said:
Hi
You could mail me at:
[email protected]

Congratulations boardsuccess, I can't wait to meet everybody again back in UOP.

I have to move from Virginia Beach all the way across the country to San Francisco, it's not going to be easy to move everything; family, pets, and furniture, it's very complicated and costly. I'm even thinking of selling everything (well except family and pets :D ) and just renting a furnitured apartment there...

....any ideas are welcome, if you have gone through this before what did you do ?