UOP hotels?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SRW26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to plan my trip to SF for my interview at Pacific at the end of the month :) I was wondering if any of you who've had interviews already, are current students, or are familiar with the area have any recommendations for hotels near the school? Did you guys stay at any of the places listed in the interview brochure UOP sent?

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed at the Travel Lodge North by the airport. I wouldnt recommend it. However, I think that staying by the airport is not a bad idea. BART will take you into town and from there you just take a bus to the school. It should take you about 45 minutes to get to the school from the airport, which sounds bad, but it is really not. Anyways, congrats on your interview and good luck.

I am staying with some family for mine, but jmick...I interview at Pacific on 11/16 and I scheduled my flight to leave from Oakland at 7:30 after the interview. It was the latest flight I could find. Do you think I will be able to make it out there and get on a plane by then, considering it would be rush hour? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am staying at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway. I will be interviewing on 11/16.

I am staying with some family for mine, but jmick...I interview at Pacific on 11/16 and I scheduled my flight to leave from Oakland at 7:30 after the interview. It was the latest flight I could find. Do you think I will be able to make it out there and get on a plane by then, considering it would be rush hour? Thanks.

No problem. I flew out at 8pm. I would find out if the BART goes to the Oakland Airport. It doesn't have rush hour traffic. I'd also recommend not having any baggage to check so you can get right on the plane if needed.

I interviewed at UoP last monday. My flight was from Oakland at 7:50 after the interview. I took the Bus from the school to Bart station and took the BART to Oak airport. I arrived at the airport a little before 6:00, so you should be fine. I stayed at the Queene Anne Hotel (in the Interview brochure). For $89 ($102 after taxes), you get what you pay for. But it was 5 blocks from the school (uphill), but an easy walk. The place is old but nice. When you walk in the lobby, you would swear the place may be haunted, but it worked out good for me. Close to the school and affordable.

I stayed at the Cathedral Hill Hotel when I interviewed there. I believe that should be in your interview packet as well. It is probably about a mile, so not exactly what you want to walk in a suit, but it is a nice short cab ride away. The hotel itself is decent enough for one night, but nothing great.