uop interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nps

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Advanced standing students ,any one attended uop technical interview?any info.. on that is greatly appreciated.
Thankyou.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they'll give a crown & class 2, that's the info only I have . Let me know if u get to hear more abt it .

yup,will let u know,if i get any info..abt. that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like know more about interview in Philadelphia, of course for advanced standing program.
Thanks

i took an interview at the uop dental school.the questions revolved around personal strengths and interests.it was my first interview and will hear from them soon.

Rishma ,
Did you hear from UOP ? I interviewed there in dec .. Iam waiting for the results .

i am on the waiting list.they said they will let me know in march.i am disappointed...what are they looking for??

Hi Rishma,
I havent heard from UOP yet .. Just keeping my fingers crossed :)
Have you heard from any other school ?

Rishma ,
Did they tell u ur ranking in the waiting list ?
If u r in the top 5 ,,,there's a good chance you'll get it ! Good luck!

Rishma,

What kind of academic numbers (DAT scores and GPAs) do you have? That reason I'm asking is because I'm waiting to see if I will be invited for an interview at UOP or not, I applied late. Thanks!

:cool:

i am a foriegn graduate so DAT does not apply.i got 94 on nb part-1.

PERPLEXED,
i have also applied at nyu,uop and uconn.waiting for the interview calls.meanwhile i am studying for part-2.what about you?

Hi,
I would like to know about interview in Boston University for advanced standing program.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Reshma,
Iam just curious ,,why have you restricted yourself to just 3-4 schools. ( Hey ! does UCONN have a advance standing program ,,,???,, I didnt know that .)
UPENN, BU, are also good schools. Iam sure you'll get accepted in a very good school & hopefully very SOON :) .
I've applied to most schools that offer advanced standing program ( only the ones with 2 yr programs ).

Hi Lina,
BU interivew ....will be with just one person ..(one on one ).....Its cool .... Most questions will revolve around ..what you did in dental school ....your work experience, your backgound etc...Its totally laid-back !

perplexed,

i just want to be on the east coast hence the limited choice of schools.uconn does have a program for foreign students but takes only 2-3 students.

Hi,
If Iam not wrong .. UPENN & BU are also on the east coast.....If I were you I'd keep NYU as my last option . At NYU, they've withdrawn the challenge exam too ..so its not possible to do a 2 yrs program anymore . Why do a 3yr program when you can easily get into a 2 yr program ! :confused: You've got excellent scores !!!

Has any advanced standing student heard from nyu yet? how is it that nyu ended up with a bad reputation? if i ask around i just get a negative response each time.

perplexed,

i understand you are an advanced standing student from india....just like me :) .any luck so far with admissions? is nb part-2 important for acceptance at most univs?

Hi,
NDB part 2 is a requirement for a few schools & yes for those schools that is a must , but for schools that req only part 1 scores it really doesnt matter ...all they look into is part 1 scores ...
I got accepted at BU & USC so far...will be hearing for UOP soon. What abt you ?

Hi perplexed,

congratulations on getting accepted in the schools.Decided on which school u want to go to.

Hi Docie and others,
I too have heard similar comments about NYUCD as u have..Is the "not so good a reputation" b'cos it has 120 students and also b'cos it's a longer(3 year )course or is there any other reason behind it?do students who graduate from that school manage to get jobs easily or do they have a problem with that?First of all do they manage to graduate on time?
any info..appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi,
I've decided on USC for now .. Iam waiting for UOP results ... also waiting for UCSF interview .
What abt you ?

Hi Perplexed,

Thanks for the replies on this as well as the question about residencies.Well I am still waiting for my Part 1 results and I will be applying only next year,I guess.Anyway,I heard that USC has changed their curriculum to PBL.Is it the same for international students or do they have a regular curriculum for international students.
Also I would also appreciate if u could tell me why u would choose USC over BU.I would really appreciate if u could compare the 2 on the following points:Tuition,quality of education,the school itself and also thepeople who interviewed u.I would also appreciate if u could share ur experience about the interviews.
Thanks.Have a nice day.

Hi drmouse,
Please look into the pre-dent form ..under 'advance standing-questions?'.