upcomingAECOM interview: school atmosphere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

i have my aecom interview next week. i was really looking forward to the interview :oops: , but there were a few consistent complaints that popped up in the SDN feedback..

interview locations - i heard some of them are 20 mins away. is it easy to hail a cab on campus, or should i call one? i heard there will be bad weather the day of my interview, i don't want to be walking around in the snow in heels.

north bronx- is it really that bad? it seems to be the consistent complaint. i'm okay with being bored. what's more important is that i (as a 5'3 female from a big city) would feel comfortable walking around.

married ppl - how does a large married population change the vibe of the school so much?

class diversity - is it existent?

so many ppl said it was one of the most disorganized interview days. i really hope i enjoy my experience, because i think its a great school.

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys,

i have my aecom interview next week. i was really looking forward to the interview :oops: , but there were a few consistent complaints that popped up in the SDN feedback..

interview locations - i heard some of them are 20 mins away. is it easy to hail a cab on campus, or should i call one? i heard there will be bad weather the day of my interview, i don't want to be walking around in the snow in heels.

north bronx- is it really that bad? it seems to be the consistent complaint. i'm okay with being bored. what's more important is that i (as a 5'3 female from a big city) would feel comfortable walking around.

married ppl - how does a large married population change the vibe of the school so much?

so many ppl said it was one of the most disorganized interview days. i really hope i enjoy my experience, because i think its a great school.

i personally had a really good experience there. i found the students to be very happy. the area is quite safe. i felt terribly uncomfortable at downstate, but really safe at aecom, just to compare. i get a sense that the married population and singles socialize separately and that it wasn't an issue, but then, i am also older, so maybe i mind less. not the most diverse class. in terms of organized interview day, i thought it was really organized. i had personalized directions to my interviewer and when my doc needed to do an emergency surg, they found someone else to interview me relatively soon.

good luck! interview was conversational. school is a happy place. of the places i currently am accepted it is my favorite, though i am still waiting on two other schools i would probably choose over it.

hi guys,

i personally had a really good experience there. i found the students to be very happy. the area is quite safe. i felt terribly uncomfortable at downstate, but really safe at aecom, just to compare. i get a sense that the married population and singles socialize separately and that it wasn't an issue, but then, i am also older, so maybe i mind less. not the most diverse class. in terms of organized interview day, i thought it was really organized. i had personalized directions to my interviewer and when my doc needed to do an emergency surg, they found someone else to interview me relatively soon. i took a cab to the interview from the city on the way there. it was about $15 and in my opinion completely worth it!

good luck! interview was conversational. school is a happy place. of the places i currently am accepted it is my favorite, though i am still waiting on two other schools i would probably choose over it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there..

I interviewed there on the 13th of this Month and really loved the school.. The neighborhood is really safe so please dont have any worries about that.. Depending on where your interviewer works, it may take about 20 min to get there; and this is usually because the interviewer is probably at Monterfiori.. now, there is a shuttle (that they will inform you of when you get there) that leaves every so often from the main campus to that Hospital.. so you wont have to haul a cab..

The weather does suck if your not used to it.. but its the North East and its cold right now.. which def sucks!!! but anyway, the interview is very laidback.. conversational.. and if you can, meet with the Dean because she is SUPER nice..

Im originally from the Bronx so trust me when I tell you that you are not going to a dangerous neighborhood.. now if it was in the South bronx.. then I would say somethin but you will be fine! I interviewed at Downstate in Brooklyn and that neighborhood looked dangerous... but I hope you have a great interview at AECOM..:) Im praying that I get in..:oops: Good Luck!

Don't worry about the location, it's not a bad area, just a little boring. I believe there is a good class diversity, from looking at the MSAR, the # of minority students is higher than most other schools, and there are a bunch of Orthodox Jews as well.

For interviews that are off the campus, they arrange for a cab to take you and pick you up, so don't worry about that. If you need directions to the campus, let me know.

Don't worry about the location, it's not a bad area, just a little boring. I believe there is a good class diversity, from looking at the MSAR, the # of minority students is higher than most other schools, and there are a bunch of Orthodox Jews as well.

For interviews that are off the campus, they arrange for a cab to take you and pick you up, so don't worry about that. If you need directions to the campus, let me know.

well i had my interview today and i have no idea what everyone was complaining about. sure the facilities aren't top notch, but the area is by no stretch of imagination a ghetto!! that was definately an exaggeration on some interviewers parts.

i interviewed at the rose kennedy centre (near jacobi hospital). the pediatrician was very nice. i wonder how long it will take to hear back?

well i had my interview today and i have no idea what everyone was complaining about. sure the facilities aren't top notch, but the area is by no stretch of imagination a ghetto!! that was definately an exaggeration on some interviewers parts.

i interviewed at the rose kennedy centre (near jacobi hospital). the pediatrician was very nice. i wonder how long it will take to hear back?

Hey banana, I was actually there that day too (kid in the maroon shirt/tie - my interviewer in the morning didn't show up). I also had the same impression. After interviewing at Downstate and Temple, I really don't think the area around AECOM is bad at all. I also found the facilities to be reasonably nice (esp. the 1st year's lecture room). In any case, in regards to your question, my interviewer told me that it varies, but that they were at around a 6-week turnaround time. So I would guess we'll hear back end of March/early April.