How to prep for an interview at a new medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Banana364

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to know how people prep for an interview at a newly opened medical school to be a part of the inaugural class. I'm OSS and have no ties to the state and really grateful for this opportunity, however, since there isn't any information available except for what the school gives you I'm not sure how to go about prepping. So far I'm just reading medical school interview books and preparing for the generic questions like "Why medicine?" and looking at the interview questions of the medical schools the faculty used to work at. I appreciate any advice or suggestions!
 
I interviewed on the first interview day for the first class for UTT last year- I had no idea what to expect!

Utilize the resources Goro posted and know that it’s not that much different than established schools. I interviewed at a well established school this year and NONE of the questions I prepped got asked, there’s never any guarantees!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad