Updated transcript while waiting for verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athanasius

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I graduate from college I will also be receiving a Master's degree along with my B.A. I noted this in my AMCAS, but it was not added onto my transcript until this past Friday, so the transcript I sent in May does not reflect this. I'm waiting now for verification (submitted June 17), but I'm worried now that this mismatch between the transcript and what I put in AMCAS may cause problems. If I were to send in an updated transcript, would my spot in line for verification be lost? But if my AMCAS isn't verified properly, will I lose my spot anyway and have to wait even longer for the correct, updated transcript to get in, and then get put back in line for review?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! So I actually called AMCAS about this a while back. To put it simply, if you mail in a new transcript now, and AMCAS marks it as received before the verification team starts looking at your application, you will be totally fine and they will use the newest transcript to verify (without pushing your application back at all). Since you submitted June 17, I think you can submit your transcript now (maybe priority/FedEx to be safe) and it'll get there before they look at your app. In terms of a possible mismatch, I know you can have up to 10 mistakes with regards to your coursework before it's returned -- not sure how this works with degrees though.. You can always call and ask AMCAS about it!

Don't mean to hijack, but can we add coursework as well? I have a missing transcript that I need to send in but I would also need to add the missing course to my application. Is this still possible provided that we have not been verified yet?

Thanks!

- Bill R.