Updates Pre-II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedstudent149

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it would hurt me to send update letters to a few schools if I did not receive interviews for them? In particular, I wanted to mention my grades and that I will be presenting a first author abstract at an online conference next month. Thank you for your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds legitimate to me. Also, will your abstract be published in a peer-reviewed journal associated with the conference? If so, that counts as a "first author publication" with an explanation of course, so you might want to wait til it's published.

Thank you for your response. My abstract will be published, but this will happen in a few months, so I will not be able to mention it with this update. I was also wondering how to show my grades in the update, do I have to send an unofficial transcript or can I just list out my courses with my grades?

Thank you for your response. My abstract will be published, but this will happen in a few months, so I will not be able to mention it with this update. I was also wondering how to show my grades in the update, do I have to send an unofficial transcript or can I just list out my courses with my grades?
Look up how each school processes, but I would just send the unofficial grades. Your grades will be verified with a final transcript before enrollment anyways.

Reactions: 1 user