Updating file w/ a letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

periodic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

For the schools I'm still under consideration at, I'd like to send a copy of an abstract from some of my bench work that was recently presented.

I was also wondering if I should ask my current employer (been working since July) for a letter as well, as I didn't have it in my original letter packet. I've been here long enough for him to actually say something of value.

Does that sound like a good idea (the letter)? How do I make it so he doesn't have to send ten letters himself, and it remains a confidential letter that I haven't seen (and therefore haven't sent out myself)?

Anyone with previous experience with this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would send the bench work stuff in and ask them to add it to your file.

I would have your boss write the letter, have him make photocopies, and then provide him with envelopes you have already filled out with the school's name and stamped them as well. I would ask him to sign across the envelopes and briefly state.... "This recommendation has not been shown to periodic and has been kept confidential."

what kind of employer? only since july? i would be inclined to say no. the premed letters and/or the other letters you sent are usually enough -- more letters isn't necessarily better.

in terms of the abstract, that's fine. they'll throw it in your folder.