Updating on publication status (THE MORE RESPONSES THE MERRIER!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

princessbooty

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a co-first author publication that was recently invited for resubmission to Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. In the research world, people know that if your paper doesn't get rejected outright, an invitation to resubmit usually means that it should be accepted if we address their concerns, as it is very rare for a journal to outright accept a publication the way it is submitted for the first time. Does this even count as an publication acceptance that I should update medical schools with? I would have to put something like "accepted with revision." Or does counting this paper as an acceptance stretching it too far?


Thanks,

Princessbooty
 
Sorry to burst your bubble, but until the editor tells you it's accepted, it's "re-submitted" or "submitted", and no, it's not worth updating schools about.



I have a co-first author publication that was recently invited for resubmission to Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. In the research world, people know that if your paper doesn't get rejected outright, an invitation to resubmit usually means that it should be accepted if we address their concerns, as it is very rare for a journal to outright accept a publication the way it is submitted for the first time. Does this even count as an publication acceptance that I should update medical schools with? I would have to put something like "accepted with revision." Or does counting this paper as an acceptance stretching it too far?


Thanks,

Princessbooty
 
It hasn't been published, so no. There are also a handful of different ways the project can go after being invited to resubmit that other than being accepted for publication - like being rejected again, or missing the deadline for resubmission, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad