Updating on publication status (THE MORE RESPONSES THE MERRIER!)

Nov 4, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a co-first author publication that was recently invited for resubmission to Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. In the research world, people know that if your paper doesn't get rejected outright, an invitation to resubmit usually means that it should be accepted if we address their concerns, as it is very rare for a journal to outright accept a publication the way it is submitted for the first time. Does this even count as an publication acceptance that I should update medical schools with? I would have to put something like "accepted with revision." Or does counting this paper as an acceptance stretching it too far?

Thanks,

Princessbooty

Goro

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Sorry to burst your bubble, but until the editor tells you it's accepted, it's "re-submitted" or "submitted", and no, it's not worth updating schools about.

I have a co-first author publication that was recently invited for resubmission to Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. In the research world, people know that if your paper doesn't get rejected outright, an invitation to resubmit usually means that it should be accepted if we address their concerns, as it is very rare for a journal to outright accept a publication the way it is submitted for the first time. Does this even count as an publication acceptance that I should update medical schools with? I would have to put something like "accepted with revision." Or does counting this paper as an acceptance stretching it too far?

Thanks,

Princessbooty

sovereign0

5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
Medical Student
It hasn't been published, so no. There are also a handful of different ways the project can go after being invited to resubmit that other than being accepted for publication - like being rejected again, or missing the deadline for resubmission, etc.

About the Ads

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status
Attending Physician
1) Does this even count as an publication acceptance that I should update medical schools with?
2) Or does counting this paper as an acceptance stretching it too far?
1) No.

2) Yes.

ZeroHeroL

2+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
On the positive note, if you get it accepted, nice impact factor

About the Ads