Updating programs with new publication information???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miko2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question has been asked on the "general residency thread" by someone else but no one seemed to have any suggestions. At the time I submitted my ERAS application, I had one paper in review and another one in press (both first authored by me). Since then, both papers have been published. I was wandering if I should forward that information to the programs? I received very positive feedback after interviewing from my first choice program and I am just really worried that it may seem as though I am bragging, which I definitely don't want to do. What would you do in my position? I would greatly appreciate any advice!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I don't think it will make much of a difference if you tell them or not. So it's really up to you.

I was provided samples of followup letters sent by applicants in an information packet from the Dean of Students last year. Some of them did have a paragraph of updated information. However, the most important thing to do in your followup correspondence is to tell them what you liked about their program. And, as other people might do, you can give them a rough indication of where you are going to rank them (i.e., "highly", or "#1", etc.).

I personally would not mention it. I agree with AT above in that the best thing you can probably do at this point is let them know you're ranking them highly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I definitely won't do anything for now!! :) I have way too much free time on my hands for next 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Good boy. Just enjoy the holidays!