Updating PTCAS application after submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predpt2189

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had a question about updating observation hours after submitting application. Do the programs you apply to see when you add hours to clinical experiences and do they see when you add new experiences after you esubmit?

Members don't see this ad.

Found this on the PROGRAM manual for 11-12 PTCAS admissions (instructions for programs)=hope it helps.
PT Hours Verification Status on Admissions Portal
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]All PT observation experiences entered on the PTCAS application by the applicant are accessible to the applicant's designated programs via the online Admissions Portal. The PDF version of the form displays all real time changes made to the PT observation hours and corresponding verification status. Once the application file is "complete" (application, payment, and all U.S. transcripts received), PTCAS sends the applicant's PT observation hours data, as of date, in the PRINT mailing for those programs that opt to receive paper. Any additional changes to the PT observation hours section or the verification status of the PT hours are only reflected in the online PDF application and in the weekly ELECTRONIC mailings. PTCAS does ..not [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]generate a revised paper application due to changes to an applicant's PT observation hours status. .
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri].
PT Observation Hours Verification Status
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]If your program does not require or consider a PT signature, disregard the status information below and rely solely on the applicant's self-reported PT experiences. The applicant's PT observation hours are visible to programs via the Admissions Portal as soon as the applicant e-submits the PTCAS application, regardless of whether the hours were verified by a physical therapist.
.APPLICANT MARKED PT EXPERIENCE AS ‘IN-PROGRESS'
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]In-Progress/ Verification: ..REQUEST SENT [FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]o ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Electronic Verification: PTCAS has contacted the physical therapist by email with login instructions for the online PT Hours Verification Portal.
.[FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]o ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Paper Verification: PTCAS cannot determine whether the applicant actually printed the paper form or delivered it to a physical therapist. If no verification is submitted, then the status does not change.
• In-Progress/ Verification:
.IN-PROGRESS [FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]o ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Electronic Verification: The physical therapist has logged into the PT Hours Verification Portal and has begun to review the applicant's PT experiences, but has not yet completed the process.
.[FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]o ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Paper Verification: Not applicable.
• In-Progress/ Verification:
.PT VERIFIED [FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]o ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Electronic Verification: The physical therapist has verified the applicant's hours to date via the online PT Hours Verification Portal.
.[FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]o ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Paper Verification: PTCAS has received and processed the signed paper form.

.Changes to In-progress Experiences After Electronic Verification:
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]If the applicant makes subsequent edits to the in-progress experience and marks it as "complete" after it is initially verified via the online PT Hours Verification Portal, then the status moves to "Completed/Verification: PT Not Verified".
• If the applicant make subsequent edits to the experience and keeps it as "in-progress" after it is initially verified online, then the status moves to "In-Progress/Verification: Request Sent"
.[FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]2011-12 PTCAS Program Manual ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]43
.APPLICANT MARKED PT EXPERIENCE AS ‘COMPLETE'
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Completed/ Verification: ..PT NOT VERIFIED [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]- The physical therapist has not yet verified the completed experience OR the physical therapist selected ..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]‘I do not verify the PT Experience'..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]. Applicants cannot make edits to a completed experience unless the verifier chooses not to verify the hours due to errors. If not verified by the PT, PTCAS notifies the applicant via email so s/he can edit the completed PT experience ONCE and resubmit it for verification to the same or different physical therapist, as appropriate.
• Completed/ Verification:
.VERIFICATION COMPLETE [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]- The physical therapist selected ‘..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]I Verify the PT Experience..[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]' on the online or paper form, and verification is considered complete. The applicant cannot make any further edits to this particular experience.
.[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]

Last edited:
I just emailed ptcas about the same question. I have read what liftwarrior posted but still wasn't sure. It sounds like the schools will or can see the added hours.

I will post back when they get back to me. But I may end up just asking the schools directly anyway... at least notify them myself.

this is their reply:

Thank you for contacting customer support. Yes, you may add extra PT
experiences after you e-submit your application. Your schools will be updated
accordingly.