Updating Transcript via ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blondemed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, this is a little late in the season, but I finally got back both my grades for my medicine sub-I and emergency medicine clerkship (categorical IM applicant), and honored in both. I think the sub-I grade is particularly relevant because I only received a HP in my third year medicine clerkship. Would it be worthwhile to update my transcript via ERAS at this point?

Another caveat is that I had intended to take my step 2 CK in Nov. (as I had a pretty solid step 1 score) but pushed it back to december and I haven't received my score yet. So far no one has asked about this on the interview trail and I'm sort of flying under the radar ... do you think programs would perceive this as odd (if I have updated my transcript but not scores!) Thanks everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, this is a little late in the season, but I finally got back both my grades for my medicine sub-I and emergency medicine clerkship (categorical IM applicant), and honored in both. I think the sub-I grade is particularly relevant because I only received a HP in my third year medicine clerkship. Would it be worthwhile to update my transcript via ERAS at this point?

Another caveat is that I had intended to take my step 2 CK in Nov. (as I had a pretty solid step 1 score) but pushed it back to december and I haven't received my score yet. So far no one has asked about this on the interview trail and I'm sort of flying under the radar ... do you think programs would perceive this as odd (if I have updated my transcript but not scores!) Thanks everyone!!!

1. Course Transcript - No reason not to send an updated version. It's unlikely you'll get any new interviews as a result of it (assuming you applied to one of those places that uses IM honors to screen applicants) but it can't hurt and could possibly help.

2. USMLE Transcript - DADT on this one. At the moment, there's nothing to tell so it's not an issue. If you get a killer Step 2 score (or some program specifically requests it), go ahead and re-transmit. Otherwise don't worry about it.