UPenn 2014

Started by Dhaval39
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People who got interviews and rejections,,,can u plz share your status and the time you got your application complete,,,thank you
 
I am just kidding. I know some schools are biased towards maintaining their diversity. But then there are other schools that would accept you purely on your intelligence and skills. So dont think about these things that are not in your hand. Be Confident about yourself and you will do good.
 
@RadicalGhost, Congrats on your success. Do you have any idea if they are still sending invites. Can you share your stats. Please. Heartiest Congratulations once again.
 
I am just kidding. I know some schools are biased towards maintaining their diversity. But then there are other schools that would accept you purely on your intelligence and skills. So dont think about these things that are not in your hand. Be Confident about yourself and you will do good.

You must have super good profile to get acceptance from multiple schools, specially UPenn. I personally feel its extra tough for Indian candidates, as most of the schools look for diversity.
Being from a country, less represented in dental schools, is the biggest add-on anyone can have on their profile 🙂
 
My Stats are NBDE part 1 and 2, Toefl- 103, Gpa: 3.8 . Strong SOP and good LORs. Good experience as clinician,shadowing, researching and lot of volunteering both in home country and US. Hope this helps. All the best.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Look for the research and volunteering opportunities in your nearest school or community website. Everything is available online and on their website. Keep on looking. Every weekend there would be a volunteer program in your community. Join the dental groups in your county. There are sometimes shadowing opportunities available too.
 
Look for the research and volunteering opportunities in your nearest school or community website. Everything is available online and on their website. Keep on looking. Every weekend there would be a volunteer program in your community. Join the dental groups in your county. There are sometimes shadowing opportunities available too.

Hey
Do they give credit to only volunteering related in dental field or any type of volunteering ( like volunteer for American red cross or any medical hospital)?
 
Same here, I did not get a rejection nor a invitation. Does someone know, are there going to be more invitations sent out in near future.
 
I agree. Is Radical Ghost being truthful? UPenn is not even done with iv invite completion!!


Guys why you have to be like this?? Seriously?? Doubting every single word and not trusting others?

She is saying the truth because another Indian girl got an acceptance on the same exact day when Radical Ghost posted her acceptance on.
 
Last edited:
I agree. Is Radical Ghost being truthful? UPenn is not even done with iv invite completion!!

Wow... Seriously dude?
She came up and posted when she got the invitation for interview and when she got accepted too. And now she is helping others telling how to go about the process. Many people don't even come forward to tell others anything.
So please and yes please stop being suspicious and be thankful .
She was one of the few firsts to get an IV interview and one of the few firsts to get an acceptance. I hope you get now what the word "rolling interview and admission" means.
It is a forum so unless you are sure about something .,, don't post it.
Thanks and all the best
 
I agree. Is Radical Ghost being truthful? UPenn is not even done with iv invite completion!!
Seriously Cuppi?? This is the best you could do !! :naughty: You didn't ask for my acceptance letter??

Now is the time, where I can calmly sit back and smile at people who doubted my invitation and now my acceptances. After reaching this wonderful destination, I look back and think about my firm determination and my extreme hard work,that has paid off and now I have to prove NO ONE..
 
Wow!! I never thought I got some strong supporters here. 'Anooogy' and 'drricha' you are the best!! :biglove::biglove:

For aspirants and also 'Cuppi' 🙂 -- who are still in the journey to reach their destination-- Hang in there-- You will definitely make it. I was in your shoe till this moment and I know the cycle sometimes become very frustrating and depressing--- Just have patience and confidence in you cause at the end every bit of it is worth it.
 
Wow!! I never thought I got some strong supporters here. 'Anooogy' and 'drricha' you are the best!! :biglove::biglove:

For aspirants and also 'Cuppi' 🙂 -- who are still in the journey to reach their destination-- Hang in there-- You will definitely make it. I was in your shoe till this moment and I know the cycle sometimes become very frustrating and depressing--- Just have patience and confidence in you cause at the end every bit of it is worth it.

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes it is stressful but hopefully we will
Get there soon 🙂
 
also, did you have clinical experience in your home country? If so, for how long? any masters in home country or usa?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May be we r all in the waiting list...If anybody declines their interview or admission, may be then they would call us...let us be positive��
By the way, where do u stay?
 
Its another dream come true...
Got accepted at UPenn too!!!
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:
:boom:

CONGRATS!!!! Would you be so kind to let us know what to expect on the interview. I received an invitation as well, trying to book it for October 29th. I am a little confused re "writing sample exercise". On the sample schedule I see there are two interviews as well. what are they focusing on? more personal interview or more dental info? Would really appreciate your help. And congrats one more time! 🙂
 
I just finished with my interview. Writing exercise is very simple..topic was on " the outdoor activity you enjoy and why"? they are just checking on how you can express urself . as for the interview questions were mostly on what kind of experience you have esp. in US and based on your PS.
Good Luck , Just be confident and u will do well.
 
Penn has 3 interview batches - Every Tuesday of Sept, Oct and Nov. Every batch had 6-7 Candidates. They are just done with the Sept batch and the acceptance results are out. Interviews till Oct last week are full i.e people you would be interviewing for full Oct months have received their invitations. They are still sending invites for November. So if you have not heard anything from Penn. Stay hopeful you might get to hear the good news soon 🙂
 
I second 'Eladent'. Its the most relaxing interview you would ever have. There are three interviewer that would interview you and all of them are very friendly and comforting. They just want to know you and your personality. Writing samples are on very very general topic. You dont need any previous preparation for that. So just relax and be yourself at the interview. All the very best 👍
 
Penn has 3 interview batches - Every Tuesday of Sept, Oct and Nov. Every batch had 6-7 Candidates. They are just done with the Sept batch and the acceptance results are out. Interviews till Oct last week are full i.e people you would be interviewing for full Oct months have received their invitations. They are still sending invites for November. So if you have not heard anything from Penn. Stay hopeful you might get to hear the good news soon 🙂
Hey
Thank u for the info!!! this gives a lot of hope...
Good luck for everyone!!!
 
For all those who have interviews at Upenn, just be yourself. It's the easiest interview you can ever ask for. And stay confident. Congratulations to all those who got accepted 🙂 and all the best to those are waiting for IV call or have one soon. May the blessings be with you x
 
For all those who have interviews at Upenn, just be yourself. It's the easiest interview you can ever ask for. And stay confident. Congratulations to all those who got accepted 🙂 and all the best to those are waiting for IV call or have one soon. May the blessings be with you x

AmT, Are a student at UPenn?
 
For all those who have interviews at Upenn, just be yourself. It's the easiest interview you can ever ask for. And stay confident. Congratulations to all those who got accepted 🙂 and all the best to those are waiting for IV call or have one soon. May the blessings be with you x
Thank you so much for your positive words and energy! Congrats on acceptance and Good luck to you as well! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AmT- Thank you so much for the boosting the confidence of everyone in this forum. Congratulation and good luck for your future.
 
Guys any do you have any idea about Temple Uni? Is it worth to apply for a 3years program there??