1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Upenn Acceptance (read)

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Blackstars, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Blackstars

Blackstars Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm being getting bombarded with pm's, if you want to know call, UPENN, and ask them if a letter was mailed to you. That is what I did this morning, first she was hesitant about telling me if I'm being accepted, but she told me a letter has been sent to me, and with a little charm :D , I got her to tell me it is actually an acceptance letter. According to her only acceptance letters has been sent out, so if you call and they tell you, a letter as being mailed to you, YOU'RE IN :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Will someone please do us all a favor, take one for the team, and call UPENN and get to the bottom of this...I called earlier this morning already! I was told something different...that they were not mailed yet...grrr.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. beannaithe

beannaithe Bionerd
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Penn letters are out today!! I got one!!! :D

4. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You already got your letter from the mailman this early? Jeez, mine doesn't come till 6....grrr!

5. Tracy47

Tracy47 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

beannaithe is from philly though, so us out of staters might get it tomorrow or next week, that is if one was sent. :mad:

6. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I see that, but can someone call to find out what the heck is going on up there?

7. beannaithe

beannaithe Bionerd
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yeah. I'm really surprised mine came so early. Usually my mailman likes to hold onto things for a couple of days. My mom attacked the mailman as soon as he came and called me when she got it. :p

That's so weird that they're saying that they're not out yet...what's going on?

8. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm scared to be honest...

9. Catfish

Catfish Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got my UPenn letter this mornining too :D It's priority mail, postmarked on Nov. 29.

Good luck everyone :D

10. beannaithe

beannaithe Bionerd
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    dexa - don't be nervous. i just noticed that you're down in florida. it might take a little while to get down there since fl is a ways away from philly. you've got kick butt grades and DAT scores. you're most likely in. :thumbup:

11. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Call!

12. Sprgrover

And congratulations to all those that have been accepted to Penn!

13. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I called and the lady that picked up said she could tell me nothing over the phone. :scared: :scared:

14. WonderY

WonderY Member
    5+ Year Member

I called too, she said the same. But they were realllly nice about it. I hope I'll hear good news!

-Cow- did your mailman come today yet?

15. greenday

greenday Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Don't worry Dexa and Cows. I called as well, and the lady told me to hang on for a few more days, but just now I checked my mail box and a big fat juicy letter from Penn was sitting there. I live in Vegas, far away from Phili, so I'm pretty sure you two would get your letters sometime tonight as well. Prepare to party :love:

16. Catfish

Catfish Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    congrats :love:

17. I'mFillingFine

I'mFillingFine Pulptastic
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Aaah, it's excruciating to wait for the mail! :) My dorm mail isn't fully circulated until 7pm or so. I might try calling, just for the heck of it....

I was so thrilled to hear from Buffalo last night, but I honestly expected to get SOME responses today! No AADSAS, e-mail, phone calls, nothing! :( :( Talk about letdown! I had a sleepless night, eager for a phone call, then I checked my phone all through class.....I'm sure I'm entertaining to watch.

As for now, all this has caught up with me in a MAJOR way, so I'm going to turn off all my phones and take a long nap. If schools want me, they can leave me a message! :D :D :D

*eagerly waiting the mail*

18. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah mail man already came for me today. No mail from UPenn or any other school today. Very disappointed. :mad: :mad:

19. WonderY

WonderY Member
    5+ Year Member

:p cow- though I'm "new", but I've been lurking, and i know you have fabulous stats!!! Don't worry. Mailman must be slow. I'm telling myself the same thing. I wish all the schools would just update aadsas to save on postage.

20. greenday

greenday Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Congrats to you too Catfish ;)

21. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for the encouragement but I think I am going to go find a corner and cry a little. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

22. tofufob

tofufob Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I've been accepted to UMaryland which I'm really thankful for. However, perhaps, like many of you who are reading this thread, I know I would just be so much more excited if I'd hear any good news from the Ivy's especially UPenn (I just absolutely love the atmosphere filling the entire University City District). Anyway, I called Ms. Loyola, and she gave me the same "I'm nice, but I'm not gonna tell you anything" attitude. I'm really not trying to complain, there're so many people out there who'd be dying just be accepted. But I guess it's all relative, I tried hard in school for the past 3-4 yrs, and my expectation for myself is of course somewhat higher.

OK, enough bitchin' . GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!! I FREAKIN HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT UPENN!!
    I swear dental school admissions take great joy in making us suffer and wait for the acceptance results.

23. Sprgrover

Then they're being stinkers. I'll fix that *Sprgrover runs to the admissions office and slaps them inline*. For those of you that haven't heard anything yet, don't dispair! Not every postal route is efficient so hang in there!

24. drengineer

drengineer Back to surfing!
    7+ Year Member

Awww... cowsgomoo... you'll be fine. Don't worry.

25. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

You’re my hero!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I sure hope I get the goodies in the mail tomorrow because that will really make my weekend.

26. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey there. I'm sure you will get your acceptance soonest (probably in the mail tomorrow), then we'll all celebrate. :thumbup:

27. Mayo123

Mayo123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

got mine today too :)

28. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Nice job everyone. everyone seems to be getting them boy am i scared now... :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

29. I'mFillingFine

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    cowsgomoo, I haven't received one, either. I even asked my RD to check the mail and she didn't see anything :( :( :( I haven't heard from ANYONE besides Buffalo!!! I'm going CRAZY!!!!

I'm praying that they haven't finished distributing the mail yet...............

30. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Everyone, especially cowsgomoo, I totally feel your pain (not recieving any letters on the first)...in fact, I feel a little down I guess. All this excitement culminating in one, "nothing came" from mom. :scared: I guess all we can do is wait...well one thing is for sure, congratulations to all those that made it in, I'm hoping I can rejoice on here tomorrow!

31. piccolo2385

piccolo2385 Fake News Junkie
    5+ Year Member

Just got a call from my Dad, and it's GOLD (snatched up a Dean's Scholarship as well, surprisingly)!

Not too sure why they sent it to my HOME address instead of my apartment address though... I'm pretty sure I gave them the latter. Oh well, who cares I guess.

I know dexa, cows and others are a little worried 'cuz they haven't gotten your letters, but don't worry, they'll be there VERY SOON, I'm sure!

Now to continue my Harvard vigil... :scared: :scared: :scared:

32. Arielle

Arielle New Member

Pre-Dental
    I got into penn this morning!! :) Anyone else definitely going?!?!

33. Sprgrover

So I take it you are? :thumbup:

34. PickMe

PickMe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering when your interviews were, thanks!

35. r0entgen

r0entgen Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

mine was sept 30th.

36. WonderY

WonderY Member
    5+ Year Member

hopefully those that interviewed later will get letters in the mail soon. When I interviewed (which was 2 weeks ago), they said they might or might not make the decisions december first, depending on when the adcom meets.

37. Blackstars

Blackstars Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

UPENN, just made my decision a whole lot easier with the Dean's Scholarship :D

38. WonderY

WonderY Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi Blackstars! Congratulations! Did you just get your Upenn acceptance today?

39. r0entgen

r0entgen Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

congrats on the scholarship :D

40. Blackstars

Blackstars Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

check your pm, yes I got the letter today.

41. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey, a friend of mine just called PENN and was told the letters were MAILED out december first....patiently waiting...

42. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

That’s good to know. It seems that the early letters went to people who got the Dean's Scholarship. Ohh by the way I am a little relaxed now that I got an acceptance from UConn. This COW is definitely gonna be a dentist!!!! :D :D

43. hokiedds

hokiedds Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Congrats buddy, I knew you'd be getting flooded with acceptances before long. I'm sure that Columbia accpeptance will come along any day now...but until then you've got a UCONN acceptance in hand, and that isnt so bad as backup plans go.

44. PickMe

PickMe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I got my acceptance today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D i couldnt be any happier!!

45. ninjajustin

ninjajustin Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey, I'm new here. Just wanted to do my first post and what a post indeed! I have been accepted into UPENN, VCU, and UMD so far.

46. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Still twiddling my thumbs and waiting for Mr. Mailman to give me something from UPenn (if they choose to accept me of course). :laugh: :laugh:

47. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    no mail here today... :(

48. I'mFillingFine

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just got my packet today! :) There's a very strong possibility I'm going.....I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw, I interviewed on 11/4)

49. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hang in there man I am with you all the way. The acceptances sent on Thursday should be arriving tomorrow or on Monday hopefully. :thumbup: :thumbup:

50. Blackstars

Blackstars Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yo, Cow, you'll definitely be receiving your letter along with the dean's scholarship in the mail soon. You're have awesome stats, and nothing to worry about. Good luck :)