Upenn Acceptance (read)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok, REALLY stupid question, and feel free to roll your eyes: I don't remember from my interview, but how do you pronounce Corky Cacas' last name? I don't want to screw it up when I call with a question on Monday.....it's a somewhat precarious last name.

Members don't see this ad.

You pronounce it exactly as it sounds...once again the mail comes up short today...I really don't think I got in, but then again, there are other schools.

kackas (pretty sure this is how you pronounce it)

yeah i feel the same way bro!

Members don't see this ad :)
I live up in Toronto. Is there a chance that I was accepted and the mail just hasn't reached here? Anyone in Cali get their letter yet? How about someone in Canada?

Anyone have luck calling them and getting info on our file? Good luck guys. Remember, not everyone will accept so come End of Jan, some of us who didn't get the nod now might get a call up from the minors ;) I'm still hoping for mail on Monday or Tuesday. IF I don't get anything by Wednesday, I'll call in.

Hang in there, guys/gals! Unlike a lot of schools, Penn is very conservative with it's acceptances. They only release a small amount at first and continue to do so over the next few months - in other words, they don't try to fill their class up during December. That should not be interpreted that if you don't hear from Penn by December 1st you are lost - the truth is unless you have received a rejection letter you are far from lost. It's likely that you will get that magical package in a few weeks - so don't dispair! :thumbup:

I'mFillingFine said:
ok, REALLY stupid question, and feel free to roll your eyes: I don't remember from my interview, but how do you pronounce Corky Cacas' last name? I don't want to screw it up when I call with a question on Monday.....it's a somewhat precarious last name.

It is pronounced "ka-kas," but everyone calls her Corky. If you do call, realize that the admissions office is VERY busy right now, so it might be best to just drop Corky an email. She usually responds ASAP.

PS-Congrats to all those who have been accepted to Penn! I hope some of you guys choose to come here. If anyone has any questions about Penn, feel free to contact me. When I was a predent I got alot of help from SDN, and I be happy to help repay the help SDN has given me.

Finally got my UPenn acceptance!!!! :D :D :D

Still haven't recieved anything...could I be the only one out of our interview on here who gets rejected...I hope not! I call tomorrow...interview at UF at 11:15.

dexadental said:
Still haven't recieved anything...could I be the only one out of our interview on here who gets rejected...I hope not! I call tomorrow...interview at UF at 11:15.

Hang in there. I still haven't gotten my package but Corky told me I'm in! Hopefully you'll get some good news tomorrow!