upenn acceptance!!!!!!???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldorky

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dont mean to scare every one, but i think upenn is going to send out acceptances and rejections pretty soon. i called them today and they said that the letters will be mailed this week for sure. any lucky ones who received the letters, please reply and take me out of this misery of waiting!!
thanks
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

And here we go again.......

Wish you all the best of luck! Remember,if you get in,good. If not,that does NOT mean that you are not good enough. So please do not get disheartened. I know how it feels coz I did not get in the first time.

I strongly believe that what ever happens happens for the best!

AMEN

any news yet from upenn? any lucky ones so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
dentaldorky said:
In the same boat, gotta wait till the weekend.

dentaldorky said:

Hi Dentaldorky,
Did u hear anything yet a fed ex probably

Hi!!!
By now, it is obvious that everyone who interviewed at Upenn between september & October are anxiously awaiting thier results ..I request anyone who receives acceptance to post on this forum promptly so te rest of us who are waiting can have some idea as to when to expect our mails.... :scared:

Thanks & congratualtions in advance to those who are accepted and good luck to everone who is waiting..... :thumbup:

Bye,
Treasure

treasure said:
Hi!!!
By now, it is obvious that everyone who interviewed at Upenn between september & October are anxiously awaiting thier results ..I request anyone who receives acceptance to post on this forum promptly so te rest of us who are waiting can have some idea as to when to expect our mails.... :scared:

Thanks & congratualtions in advance to those who are accepted and good luck to everone who is waiting..... :thumbup:

Bye,
Treasure
hi buddy
i am also waiting for the results ;this wait is killing;do let us know how u recieve mail;fed ex or regular
keeping finger crossed
good luck

dentexpression said:
hi buddy
i am also waiting for the results ;this wait is killing;do let us know how u recieve mail;fed ex or regular
keeping finger crossed
good luck

hi ,

I just called today at U Penn, and they told me the results will be out next week. I am sorry if this information is wrong, but this is what they told me on the phone.

hope for the best.

Hello
I called UPenn Today and they told me that they have mailed out letters yesterday regarding the interview results. So if anyone has received any letters or fedex from them please post and let others know.
Thanks
Pk_Bond

Hi everyone,

I also called UPenn day before yesterday and they told me that the files are under consideration and the results will be mailed next week. Best of luck to everyone.

Hoping for the best.
PK_Bond said:
Hello
I called UPenn Today and they told me that they have mailed out letters yesterday regarding the interview results. So if anyone has received any letters or fedex from them please post and let others know.
Thanks
Pk_Bond

directhit said:
Hi everyone,

I also called UPenn day before yesterday and they told me that the files are under consideration and the results will be mailed next week. Best of luck to everyone.

Hoping for the best.
I don't understand...they told us, the day of the interview that the letters will be sent anytime THIS WEEK!!!!!!!! Whya they changed their mind!!!!!

directhit said:
Hi everyone,

Hoping for the best.
I don't understand...they told us, the day of the interview that the letters will be sent anytime THIS WEEK!!!!!!!! Why they changed their mind!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
I just called U.Penn and they confirmed that the letters had been mailed out yesterday.. we should be receiving them soon!!!!!
Good luck to you all.
dentistcs

Members don't see this ad :)
Since noone has said so yet, I'll be the first. My wife got her Fed-Ex this morning. Don't bother asking me about her stats, I have no idea!
Good luck to all of you waiting, you should hear soon. We know how stressful it is not knowing when you'll know!

Hi everyone,
I just enquired that U Penn have sent some mails yesterday(probably FEDEX- My own calculation) and some are being sent today(probably regular mails). So, best of luck to everyone........ The one's getting accepted will probably recieve the FED EX today.LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN

SO please inform everyone as soon as you get it.

Thanks
dentistcs said:
Hi Everyone,
I just called U.Penn and they confirmed that the letters had been mailed out yesterday.. we should be receiving them soon!!!!!
Good luck to you all.
dentistcs

My heartiest congratulations to you and your wife. Can you please disclose the identity ....... I mean name of your wife and where you live.

thanks
Someone Else said:
Since noone has said so yet, I'll be the first. My wife got her Fed-Ex this morning. Don't bother asking me about her stats, I have no idea!
Good luck to all of you waiting, you should hear soon. We know how stressful it is not knowing when you'll know!

i got my acceptance 2dayby fedex :D

i was too excited before to post in detail.Good luck to those who are waiting ........

congrats divya
will you please post your stats
divya said:
i was too excited before to post in detail.Good luck to those who are waiting .........and before people ask which school i will decide to go to tufts or upenn ,i'll post my decision as soon as i have made it.
Thanks sangmitr for your wishes

divya said:
i was too excited before to post in detail.Good luck to those who are waiting .........and before people ask which school i will decide to go to tufts or upenn ,i'll post my decision as soon as i have made it.
Thanks sangmitr for your wishes
Congratulations,

Its time to celebrate.Do let us know what ur choice will be.

As for the others who are waiting to hear from them,BEST OF LUCK,we all need loads of it.

i got a couple of messages asking me abt part2 and the interview ,so lemme just answer it here for everyone's benefit:I'm just glad i got done with part2.It was crazy ......
anyway i read the decks and past papers .Same old Same old ...nothing else.

Abt interview please read interview feed back section ,you have all the questions there,also go through schools website.Prepare answers for these qustions but do not over rehearse or you will not come across asgenuine
good luck and thanks again for ur wishes

Hi,
i just recieved my ndb prt-1 score today and am giving toefl tomorrow and the result of that will be mailed in 15 days.Can i apply for Upenn,Boston and NYU?I know am too late to apply for the 2006 class.I would appreciate if someone can guide me regarding this.
thanks

divya said:
i got my acceptance 2dayby fedex :D
hi divya
can u please tell me which state u in
when was ur interview held
ur stats if u dont mind otherwise do reply rest of q
thanks
congrats again

ckvk said:
Congratulations,

Its time to celebrate.Do let us know what ur choice will be.

As for the others who are waiting to hear from them,BEST OF LUCK,we all need loads of it.
hi guys
whole day passed i havent heard from fedex
shd i asume i am unlucky one or we shd wait another 2 days

dentexpression said:
hi guys
whole day passed i havent heard from fedex
shd i asume i am unlucky one or we shd wait another 2 days
hey...I just want to know if we still have the opportunity to receive the fedex today or tomorrow...did anyone receive fedex this morning????, did anyone receive the regular ****ing mail??????

wax said:
hey...I just want to know if we still have the opportunity to receive the fedex today or tomorrow...did anyone receive fedex this morning????, did anyone receive the regular ****ing mail??????
hi there
i havent got anything in fedex today and its very depressing ;i am away from home and i called penn if they can let me know anything abt the result;but they said u will hear only in mail
waiting
good luk
if u hear do let know
thanks

I am also waiting for a reply from Upenn and I am very disappointed with them for not letting us know the status of admissions. It would have been good on their part if you called and they told if we made it or not. At least we would not get stressed waiting for the fedex or the regular mail.
Well, good luck waiting and best of luck. we may hear or read some good news shortly.

PK

dentaldorky said:
dont mean to scare every one, but i think upenn is going to send out acceptances and rejections pretty soon. i called them today and they said that the letters will be mailed this week for sure. any lucky ones who received the letters, please reply and take me out of this misery of waiting!!
thanks
:luck:

hey, did you receive any fedex today????.....do we have any chance to recieve it tomorrow?????

wax said:
hey, did you receive any fedex today????.....do we have any chance to recieve it tomorrow?????
hi
Havent heard anything;my boat of patience is sinking .......lets see tomorrow
thanks for being in touch and sharing

Yeah my patience is wearing too...
Good luck everyone. Please keep us posted.
Thanks
dentistcs

dentexpression said:
hi
Havent heard anything;my boat of patience is sinking .......lets see tomorrow
thanks for being in touch and sharing

divya said:
i got a couple of messages asking me abt part2 and the interview ,so lemme just answer it here for everyone's benefit:I'm just glad i got done with part2.It was crazy ......
anyway i read the decks and past papers .Same old Same old ...nothing else.
I have posted my stats earlier on the forum but here i go :
part1-94,part2-88,toefel 300 and gpa-3.72.
Abt interview please read interview feed back section ,you have all the questions there,also go through schools website.Prepare answers for these qustions but do not over rehearse or you will not come across as genuine.Be dressed appropriately(girls carry extra panty hose ....i saw girls at the interview with panty hoses that were ripped and needless to say it just looks down right tacky.) and dont forget your manners.
good luck and thanks again for ur wishes

First of all let me congratulate you on your success. You have got into 2 very good schools!!!
But I think lot of people here will appreciate if you stop flaunting around. If you are posting here to get yourself an ego massage, please......this is the last place on earth you should be in.
You need to show some empathy here. This is an extremely sensitive issue for most people. People have their whole careers on the line here.
So if you just to want to show off and get a pat on your back, please take a hike.....
Don't get me wrong... I am not jealous.... I am just appalled at how snooty you are. :mad: :mad:
And with regards to how people dress for the interview, I do not believe anyone asked you for your opinion.... People have reasons for the way they dress up...you have no right on making comments on those. No matter how tacky they dress, you should not give your two cents unless asked for.
The very tone of each and every post of yours is offensive and definitely insensitive.

Supertooth said:
First of all let me congratulate you on your success. You have got into 2 very good schools!!!
But I think lot of people here will appreciate if you stop flaunting around. If you are posting here to get yourself an ego massage, please......this is the last place on earth you should be in.
You need to show some empathy here. This is an extremely sensitive issue for most people. People have their whole careers on the line here.
So if you just to want to show off and get a pat on your back, please take a hike.....
Don't get me wrong... I am not jealous.... I am just appalled at how snooty you are. :mad: :mad:
And with regards to how people dress for the interview, I do not believe anyone asked you for your opinion.... People have reasons for the way they dress up...you have no right on making comments on those. No matter how tacky they dress, you should not give your two cents unless asked for.
The very tone of each and every post of yours is offensive and definitely insensitive.

Well, I don't think so!! :)

Supertooth,

Divya is just being helpful. I met her on the day of her interview at Penn and I found her to be extremely humble.

So just take what ever good you can from her post and ignore the rest. Wish you all the best and PM me if I can be of any help.

BDS-DMD said:
Supertooth,

Divya is just being helpful. I met her on the day of her interview at Penn and I found her to be extremely humble.

So just take what ever good you can from her post and ignore the rest. Wish you all the best and PM me if I can be of any help.
hello there
divya and anybody else who got the acceptance, can u please let others know abt the fedex was it signatured or unsignatured fed ex .........(i am away from my hometown so just wanna be sure )
thanks

dentexpression said:
hello there
divya and anybody else who got the acceptance, can u please let others know abt the fedex was it signatured or unsignatured fed ex .........(i am away from my hometown so just wanna be sure )
thanks

i called U penn today and ask them again about letters, they told they send all the letters on tuesday and wednesday. I think so by now all the ten people must have gotten their Fed Ex letters, but only two people contacted SDN, thats the matter, which makes everyone tense. I am sorry, I am also in the same boat, but I feel now there is no hope for us to wait, as Fed Ex letters reach on the next day. Please do not take me in wrong sense. I have written , what all I think.

dentexpression said:
hello there
thanks
am not sure what you mean by signatured or unsignatured ....it said priority overnight which means ,they shipped on the 2ndof nov and i get it on the 3rd by 10 am.

Nice one supertooth.......I liked your comments........made me laugh......

Conratulations on your acceptence

divya said:
you have just 3 frigging posts to your credit and you have the audacity to call me snooty.Well whoever you are dont expect people here to help or sympathise with the pathetic state you are in with that attitude of yours.

The facade is off.. Keep barking........ You are just proving my point!!!!

The on-going "exchange" between Divya and Supertooth is exactly why I feel we need to have some one from here as a moderator. So I request both of you to please end this right now. It is not good for the forum and takes away from the main focus-that of helping each other deal with exams,applications,acceptances and rejections!

So D and ST, I sincerely request you to please put an end to that!

Is any1 else having problems with interview feedback thread?I tried to post the feedback but when i vlick on the submit feed back button it said there is a problem with the server.This has been happening for the past 2 days....

hello everyone said:
i called U penn today and ask them again about letters, they told they send all the letters on tuesday and wednesday. I think so by now all the ten people must have gotten their Fed Ex letters, but only two people contacted SDN, thats the matter, which makes everyone tense. I am sorry, I am also in the same boat, but I feel now there is no hope for us to wait, as Fed Ex letters reach on the next day. Please do not take me in wrong sense. I have written , what all I think.
hi there
fed ex can be 1,2 or 3 day delievery;but divya here solved the mystery ,hers was next day so i think we stand no chances ;but anyhow if anyone hear in mail;keep in touch
how do u know it shd be 10 ppl ??
thanks

hi all,
hearty congratulations to all friends who have been accepted at upenn.
Best of luck to all others who are waiting and who are yet to be interviewed.
goodluck and god bless.

Congrats to all who got acceptance.....and rest of us...lets hope 4 the best!!

Congrats Divya on your acceptance. :)