upenn acceptance!!!!!!???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Folks,
Just curious to know if anyone has received a waiting list letter from Upenn? Please post her so that people have a better idea about the chances.
Thanks
PK_Bond

Members don't see this ad.

PK_Bond said:
Hi Folks,
Just curious to know if anyone has received a waiting list letter from Upenn? Please post her so that people have a better idea about the chances.
Thanks
PK_Bond

Have you already receive it?????
I have not receive anything yet..... :confused:

wax said:
Have you already receive it?????
I have not receive anything yet..... :confused:
hii there
i called penn and told them i havent got anything in mail;so miss sharon faxed my result ........
good luk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
i've received letter for alternate position/waiting list last saturday....if anyone knows how many do they send at what are the chances ?? thanx..

I havent received any letter from Upenn as of yet. I called them up today and they informed me that they are mailing me a letter today and didn't give any more information over the phone.
So, if anyone who did not receive a letter from them, call them and ask about it.
PK_Bond

Hi ..
Did anyone hear from upenn?
anyone waitlisted / alternate list... from the 1st batch??
gn :luck:

PK_Bond said:
I havent received any letter from Upenn as of yet. I called them up today and they informed me that they are mailing me a letter today and didn't give any more information over the phone.
So, if anyone who did not receive a letter from them, call them and ask about it.
PK_Bond

Received a Fax from Upenn. I have been offered a alternate position and I have to wait a pretty long time to know if I make it or not.......................So llong...

hi all ,
Congrats to all who have got acceptance in UPENN .. its a wonderful school , Im yet to be interviewed, kinda tensed, still wanted to wish you all , who have got acceptance and who are still waiting to be accepted :) ..
Good Luck to all ..
nident.

finally my wait is over , thanks everyone for all the support in my misery days.

my stats
gpa 3.33
ndb I - 84
Toefl - 241

hello,

Congratulations on ur acceptance.Upenn is a gr8 school.

When did u interview by the way?Was it in November?

ckvk

ckvk said:
hello,

Congratulations on ur acceptance.Upenn is a gr8 school.

When did u interview by the way?Was it in November?

ckvk

I was interviewed in early Oct. and was on the waiting list.

bob123 said:
finally my wait is over , thanks everyone for all the support in my misery days.

my stats
gpa 3.33
ndb I - 84
Toefl - 241

Congratulations......

Are these only international student acceptances? I thought they don't let you know until December first...can someone clarify this? I interviewed at Penn on Sept. 23rd, but am under the impression no one finds out until December first. Anyone? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:
Are these only international student acceptances? I thought they don't let you know until December first...can someone clarify this? I interviewed at Penn on Sept. 23rd, but am under the impression no one finds out until December first. Anyone? :rolleyes:

Yeah,these are PASS program acceptances......

dexadental said:

Have you been interviewd at NOVA?????, When?

bob123 said:
Hi ,
can u tell oct of which year? this or the last year??

bob123 said:

my stats
gpa 3.33
ndb I - 84
Toefl - 241

Congrats bob123. Though I have not been to the school nor intend to apply but I have heard that it one of the good schools on east coast.
Good luck. :)

:)
Goal said:
Congrats bob123. Though I have not been to the school nor intend to apply but I have heard that it one of the good schools on east coast.
Good luck. :)
hey,

Have u applied to schools elsewhere?did u get accepted?

good luck on ur future endeavours.

aaru said:
:)
hey,

Have u applied to schools elsewhere?did u get accepted?

good luck on ur future endeavours.

I am from west coast so I want to stay in california.
Yes I have got accepted in USC.

Congratulations on ur acceptance.

Im sure USC is a gr8 school too.

aaru said:
Congratulations on ur acceptance.

Im sure USC is a gr8 school too.

Thanks aaru.

bob123 said:
congratulations bob

do u have US working experience? is it imp to have US experience
for upen? how was ur interview
ur help will b appreciated

thanks

I'm not an international student...have an interview at Nova December 8th. Thanks for the clarification guys.

I would say that all those who have been offered alternate status accept it in writing(Letter/fax) asap. You have nothing to lose,you do not have to pay anything and if some one does drop out, you might just get in. EVeryyear there are 1-3 people who are called up at the last minute coz some one chose not to come to Penn.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!ONE QUESTION...I HAVE ALMOST 1.5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A DENTAL ASSISTANT!JUST WAITING TO GET OVER WITH MY PART1 AND THEN APPLY!WILL IT BE TOO LATE TO APPLY?TAKING MY PART1 ON DEC,1st!
BDS-DMD said:
I would say that all those who have been offered alternate status accept it in writing(Letter/fax) asap. You have nothing to lose,you do not have to pay anything and if some one does drop out, you might just get in. EVeryyear there are 1-3 people who are called up at the last minute coz some one chose not to come to Penn.

As long as your application reaches the office by the deadline which is 15/16th of Jan complete in all respects, you have as much a chance as any one else. All the best!

Thanks for the wishes by the way!

u r most welcome!thanks 4 the info!
BDS-DMD said:
As long as your application reaches the office by the deadline which is 15/16th of Jan complete in all respects, you have as much a chance as any one else. All the best!

Hi,

Could all those who got admission into UPenn post their scores and credentials. I plan to apply in December and would like to know what my chances are realistically.
My NBDE I = 85, TOEFL = 267 and GPA=3.67. I have 3 years exp back in India. I heard UPenn is one of those schools that gives a lot of importance to the overall application packet.

thanks,
MMNdentist

Hi,

Anyone waitlisted from the 1st batch at penn??
Kindly post
gn

bob123 said:

my stats
gpa 3.33
ndb I - 84
Toefl - 241

Hi does any one knows that how many people will be interviewed at upenn each year and how many people got interviewed in the 1st batch this year and how many got accepted.
BDS-DMD said:

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi,

Anyone waitlisted from the 1st batch at penn??
Kindly post
gn
Hello
I am waitlisted from the first batch

PK_Bond said:
Hello
can u post ur scores

I am new to the forum,I have been called for an interview to U Penn on 8th Dec.
I got 93 in part-1 and 92 in part -2.
What all do they ask?
Thanks.

Good Luck to those going for penn interview this coming week! :thumbup:
Best
gn :luck:

dentall said:
What all do they ask?
Thanks.

PK_Bond said:
Hello

Part 1: 91
GPA: 3.56
Toefl: 283
Experience: Dental - 3 Years (Management Exp - 2yrs)

Hey..
good Luck for the upcoming Penn interview.. :thumbup:
ta :)

PK_Bond said:
Part 1: 91
GPA: 3.56
Toefl: 283
Experience: Dental - 3 Years (Management Exp - 2yrs)

heard upenn will be calling those admitted to the second batch today and 2moro,please did any one on this forum get called yet?

hey,

did anyone hear from
penn?

ckvk

thanks sdn buddies for all the help,i got my Upenn acceptance today :D
goodluck guys

Hi,muberrymolar

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Upenn is a great school!!
Wish you all the very best :luck:
gn

To all ..those accepted at UPENN and also California schools( UCLA/ USC/ UCSF / UOP/ LLU)..if you are not planning to attending any of these as you guys got imto Upenn ..PLEASE KINDLY call up the CA schools and inform them ..so that other students waitlisted/ alternate list can also get in..this year...
Kindly call up the schools not attending and inform them ASAP :cool:
Good Luck
gn

muberrymolar said:
goodluck guys

muberrymolar said:
goodluck guys

congratulations. can u please post ur statistics.which city u r in.

muberrymolar said:
goodluck guys
congrats.. did u get it thru fed-ex...could u pls post ur stats..thanks

Congratulations. Just one fedex??????did any one else get accepted?

dentall said:
What all do they ask?
Thanks.
great part2 score .congrats.I have seen really few score 90s in part2.way to go. :thumbup:

I also received my acceptance fedex on friday from Penn but have declined . . . so hopefully this is good news to those of u on the waitlist! All the best to you all . . . a very merry christmas and happy new year!

sweetsmile said:
I also received my acceptance fedex on friday from Penn but have declined . . . so hopefully this is good news to those of u on the waitlist! All the best to you all . . . a very merry christmas and happy new year!

hey sweetsmile,
Im so surprised to read ur post, Y did u decline it ? wer r u located ? wen was ur interview , I m still waiting for some reply,my interview was in te 1st wk of dec, b it acceptance or rejection , I dont care abt it anymore, coz .. its really a bad phase . anyways.. hope u got in at a better place or ur choice school . u got it on friday means, tey sent it out on thurs n u got it te next day, so ter is absolutely no use of crying over waiting for ter reply, rite ?? pl do reply asap . Good Luck to u ..
nident.

Hi Nident,

I have already been accepted to UOP and for sake of convenience I have decided to stay on the west coast. My interview was in dec as well. The fedex arrived to my home in on friday. Please don't give up hope yet . . . there are still seats available so just remain positive! I know it is easier said than done but the worst thing u can do is stress urself over something out of ur control. Just try to enjoy the holiday season and all the best to u!

sweetsmile said:
Hi Nident,

I have already been accepted to UOP and for sake of convenience I have decided to stay on the west coast. My interview was in dec as well. The fedex arrived to my home in on friday. Please don't give up hope yet . . . there are still seats available so just remain positive! I know it is easier said than done but the worst thing u can do is stress urself over something out of ur control. Just try to enjoy the holiday season and all the best to u!

hi sweetsmile ,

Finally I received a rejection letter frm UPENN , it received just b4 my 2nd wed anniv n on te New Year eve . IT came as a NYear n wed anniv gift :oops: frm UPENN .. anyways Im ok with it , rite now , since it wasnt meant to me . I actually wanted to send them a thank you note for te same , but I really dont knw if Im supposed to or not. thanks for ur comforting reply .. n wishes . Good Luck to you n Happy New Year too .
take care ,
nident. :)