Upenn acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwlz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are accepted, please post here to help the others know their status. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

heard that upenn have sent acceptance to few people. please post who got acceptance.

congrats for who got acceptance.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone ,

I am so happy to share this news with all the SDNites, that I got accepted at UPenn :)

I have waited for a long one year to do this banana dance !! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It really feels so different after getting through this struggle.

My stats are : 91/109/3.72
2 years work ex in home country and 1 year US experience of shadowing .

Applied : 5 school
Interview invitation : 5
Waitlisted : 2
Accepted: 1
awaiting results: 1
yet to be interviewed: 1

My sincere thanks to all the SDN members who never failed to drop down some words of inspiration, suggestions or the strategy to prepare for the board exams.

There is only one small thing that I would like to share with all of you .... Please do not wait for a month time in sending your applications to the school. Keep a vigilant eye on your choice of school and try to be amongst the first few in applying to the school. This helped me getting interview calls from all the schools that I applied to .
I would also recommend, working on your Personal Statements. This is very important especially for schools like UPenn who give importance to not only your academic profile but also to your extra curricular activities.

I shall be more than happy to help anyone in this regards !!
Good Luck all of you :luck:

Congratulations!!!!

Your have great stats and you deserve every bit of success.
Can you pls share when was your interview and did they send you an acceptance letter or called? and when ?

Could you please tell us....How long after your interview they mailed the acceptance letter?
Thanks
Congrats!!!

Hi,

I was interviewed 6th October and got the acceptance letter on 23rd October. So I guess it took them 2 weeks to decide upon the thing . This is the first batch of acceptance sent out by UPenn . There's many more to come !!

Keep looking for it guys :)

Hey Glorious,

Thank you so much for your words !! They sent me the acceptance letter by UPS overnight delivery. I was expecting a phone call though :)

Good Luck !

Congratulations!!!!

Your have great stats and you deserve every bit of success.
Can you pls share when was your interview and did they send you an acceptance letter or called? and when ?

Hey Everyone ,

I am so happy to share this news with all the SDNites, that I got accepted at UPenn :)

I have waited for a long one year to do this banana dance !! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

My sincere thanks to all the SDN members who never failed to drop down some words of inspiration, suggestions or the strategy to prepare for the board exams.

There is only one small thing that I would like to share with all of you .... Please do not wait for a month time in sending your applications to the school. Keep a vigilant eye on your choice of school and try to be amongst the first few in applying to the school. This helped me getting interview calls from all the schools that I applied to .
I would also recommend, working on your Personal Statements. This is very important especially for schools like UPenn who give importance to not only your academic profile but also to your extra curricular activities.

A heartly Congratulation for ur High Success!!!!!!!!!!
U realy deserve all this........Gr8........

@ Soaring high

Congratulations... Do you the number of seats ? I haven't still heard from them....:xf: don't really know what is in store for me, My application was completed on Sep'23. I think I should hear something the next week...!!
All the Best to others who are waiting to hear from them...!!

Hey!!!
I also got applictn compltd letter on 23rd sept.....Then nothing else yr......
Still waitin 4 reply from them........:xf:

@ DrAms

I called them on Friday and they said the application went to the review committee, keeping :xf: need to see what is gonna happen...!!

Hi,

I was interviewed 6th October and got the acceptance letter on 23rd October. So I guess it took them 2 weeks to decide upon the thing . This is the first batch of acceptance sent out by UPenn . There's many more to come !!

Keep looking for it guys :)

@ soaring high,

do you, by chance, know how many in your batch were accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I completed my application way back in April'09. When I was interviewed they told me that mine was the first one to reach them . Probably, sending applications as soon as the slot opens matters more than anything else because as the applicants number increase they start giving preference to earlybirds.

we were 8 people interviewed on that day. So far I have not heard from my fellow mates about their acceptance.

@ soaring high,

do you, by chance, know how many in your batch were accepted?

Has anybody else gotten an acceptance from upenn?
Please post it
Thanks

as of now we see only one upenn acceptance here. where is everyone else?

Hey Everyone ,

hi soaring high, congrats on ur acceptance. i know how it feels once u are heading to ur professional goal. my heartiest congrats to u and also best of luck.:thumbup: i have my interview scheduled 2 weeks from now. will appreciate if u post how is the interview. do they ask personal questions like why dentistry? why upenn? etc or didactic or maybe clinical questions. will appreciate ur feedback on this and it will help me prepare my interview good.:xf:

they have already sent out 18 acceptance letters. This year only 29 spots. 2 more weeks to interview and thats it. It was 5 of us yesterday!.
Also they are done sending invitation letters for interviews.:idea:

Have any acceptance letters been mailed to anyone this past week?
Please post any info

Hi everyone
I was interviewed on Nov 10th and i received my acceptance letter today via fedex. God is so good! Im a living testimony that miracles happen. I applied to Upenn only and got accepted. My stats are not the best! but i have 5 years experience as a hygienist.
Don't give up......have faith in Him!
:)

Congratz Orca:)

M so happy for you...have fun at Upenn!!

Upenn accepted for residency and post-grad 2010 please drop a line here to help us newbies:

1- What after acceptance now I mean, what are we going to do after the acceptance letter and what is next step?

2- I'm out of state and those people like us do not know anything about Philadelphia what is the best affordable part to live with family in the city please consider babies.
Thank you so much.

Congratulations for every one got accepted for residency and pass programs at Upenn-Good Luck-

Hey Brengy & Thoosah... congratulations on your acceptance! Am sure you are having a good celebration!

Could you please tell me if you guys got accepted in the PASS program or residency? Thank you in advance.

keep it up

Last edited:
is there anyone who got accepted recently from thr group who were interviewd on 17 th nov....it will be great help for those who are waiting...

Hey Brengy ... hearty congratulations once again! You must be really really good to have made it to Upenn! :)

I am a Pass applicant and waiting for my interview results. I hope and pray i get the magic call. Upenn is the best school i've know so far! You have loads of fun..

Nehajk what is your stats?

I received my acceptance letter (postal mail) 30 minutes back.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

never expected it seriously after screwing myself during interview:laugh:
This year is been very special so far and will be memorable for ever!
little confused as UPENN is the best school in the northern east coast,
I'm CERTAINLY SURE about my decision and never ever want to leave PACIFIC at no cost,
I am gonna decline Upenn acceptance tomorrow itself.

Hope that helps at least one most deserving candidate to get acceptance from UPENN, good luck everyone - hope you guys hear positively from UPENN soon.

Last edited:
hi missionISP .....
congratulations for your achievement....:)can you please tell us when were you interviewd at upenn....??

It's been almost two months now, hope that helps. Good luck to you guys! :):thumbup:

Hey Brengy ... hearty congratulations once again! You must be really really good to have made it to Upenn! :)

I am a Pass applicant and waiting for my interview results. I hope and pray i get the magic call. Upenn is the best school i've know so far! You have loads of fun..
Nehajk I got your pm you should be fine did you here anything so far ?...
I am 100% sure you'll get somthing this month good luck :)

Hey brengy.. dont know how things will turn out for me. I've kept my fingers crossed, but thank you so much for your optimistic spirit buddy! Appreciate it :) Hope everything went well with your finance issue. Good luck with everything..

has anyone been accepted from 1t dec batch....??:thumbup:

Dec 1 me too...not heard anything yet..Just keeping all my prayers and hope to get into the school!!!
Good luck all..

Last edited:
Dec 1 me too...not heard anything yet..Just keeping all my prayers and hope to get into the school!!! Such a great school and program!! Did any body who interviewed on the last weel of November or Dec 1 hear yet??
Good luck all..

All the hard work pays off....i am sure ur acceptance letter should be on the way .......!:luck:;)

Dec 1 me too...not heard anything yet..Just keeping all my prayers and hope to get into the school!!! Such a great school and program!! Did any body who interviewed on the last weel of November or Dec 1 hear yet??
Good luck all..

hi there
i am not from dec 1 but interviewed on nov 17 and did not hear anything from them.
do u have any info. on how many seats have been filled?
plz share any information if u have.
during my interview some students told me that almost 18-20 spots have been filled and Ms Corky was saying we have 29 spots this year.

i guess till now almost 22 to 23 seats has been fillled...during our interview it was mentioned that there are 29 seats in total...UPENN is agreast school,its a very good program..i think no one would deny the acceptance..:idea:.thus its a waste to keep hope if kept in waitlist...Is there anyone who got acceptance or waitlist letter in last wk..??dont know when my luck will shine...:xf:

I just read your PM to me,

Wish you all the best, don't worry as I got my acceptance almost after two months. In your case, it's been three weeks only. Let them take some time to evaluate and compare your fate with other candidates. Plenty good wishes are coming on your way, your luck will shine soon.:thumbup:

i guess till now almost 22 to 23 seats has been fillled...during our interview it was mentioned that there are 29 seats in total...UPENN is agreast school,its a very good program..i think no one would deny the acceptance..:idea:.thus its a waste to keep hope if kept in waitlist...Is there anyone who got acceptance or waitlist letter in last wk..??dont know when my luck will shine...:xf:

Last edited:
All the hard work pays off....i am sure ur acceptance letter should be on the way .......!:luck:;)

Thank you Dr.Zak for your kind reassuring words and also for the confidence you have upon me..I hope all your wishes for me come true..
Thank you for all the encouragement right since my NBDE days..

Hi all!!
Today is a great day for me!!!!
Got my acceptance from UPENN!!!
UPENN has long been my dream school..and now a reality!!
Special thank you to Dr.ZAK!
Thank you all here for being so supportive...
Wishing all a lot of luck...

Cheers..

Last edited:
Hi all!!
Today is a great day for me!!!!The stress and strain has been rewarded...
Got my acceptance from UPENN!!!
UPENN has long been my dream school..and now a reality!!
Very happy and feeling blessed!!!
Special thank you to Dr.ZAK!!!
You have been my role model!!followed you every step sincerely!!!
Thank you all here for being so supportive...
Wishing all a lot of luck...

Cheers..

Congrats Ravi you deserve the best I'm happy for you:thumbup: hey...! quick qestion why did not you apply for the residency program with your stats?:thumbup:

Last edited:
Congratulations Ravi....
Here is the banana dance for you....!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana::banana:

Thank you HYDENTIST !!!Thanxx for the banana dance!!!

@ BRENGY..
Thanks a lot brengy...applying to residency??!!! do u think they would prefer me..and moreover I havnt taket part @ yet buddy!! Thanks for the confidence though!!

Thank you all for all the love and support!!!

I got acceptance from UPenn today, i was in alternate list.....time to do banana dance again....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I got acceptance from UPenn today, i was in alternate list.....time to do banana dance again....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations...!!! Should be like a dream come true for you!!
Iam soo happy that there are more coming in...Time to celebrate cooldentist!!!!
Cheers..please join facebook UPENN PASS CLASS OF 2012.

Ravi.