upenn and columbia students.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjackson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a question: everyone I speak to tends to say that upenn and columbia dental schools are more intense than many of the other dental schools, is that true? If so is it so much more difficult that students are constantly struggling to keep up?

thanks for the info

Members don't see this ad.

there are other schools such as UCLA that are ranked just as high in the toughness scale. Is it more intense? i wouldn't know since i've never taken classes at another dental school, but it might be more intense (Columbia students take more 1st year anatomy than the avg dental student for ex) It is difficult, but not impossible as you manage your time. If you're a gunner aiming to honor every course, yes, it will be hell. but...if you're someone who's willing to prioritize courses and aim for honors in courses you can honor, then the amount of stress is reduced drastically. It's more about endurance than anything else really. Can you handle mon-friday of non-stop classes and studying for an extended duration? that IMO is the hard part