upenn appl for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there is no thread to shed some light about upenn. pls can any body shed some light about its admission process,how do they consider the application,what they look for in candidate,how will be the interview.
my stats r 90 with gpa 3.06 toefl scores are yet to be announced.
i live in PA very near to u penn. i have three years of experience in my home country with teaching experience. pls tell me how r my chances to get accepted for 2007.which schools can i target.

thanx in advance.
kan

Members don't see this ad.

kan said:
there is no thread to shed some light about upenn. pls can any body shed some light about its admission process,how do they consider the application,what they look for in candidate,how will be the interview.
i live in PA very near to u penn. i have three years of experience in my home country with teaching experience. pls tell me how r my chances to get accepted for 2007.which schools can i target.

thanx in advance.
kan
You have good scores and work experience .It does make you a good candidate.You can probably apply to whatever school you want to.Good luck

divya said:
You have good scores and work experience .It does make you a good candidate.You can probably apply to whatever school you want to.Good luck

i think u r in upenn.pls can u guide me about upenn. i dont know if i am a potential candidate for upenn.can u pls tell me what they look for in students.i heard they give more imp to work experience in us .i dont have any.so pls can u tell me more about it of how to prepare ofcourse i havent got any interview call just eager to know from a person who have gone through the process. if u dont mind pls can u share ur stats

thank u for ur reply.
kan

Members don't see this ad :)
kan said:
i think u r in upenn.pls can u guide me about upenn. i dont know if i am a potential candidate for upenn.can u pls tell me what they look for in students.i heard they give more imp to work experience in us .i dont have any.so pls can u tell me more about it of how to prepare ofcourse i havent got any interview call just eager to know from a person who have gone through the process. if u dont mind pls can u share ur stats

thank u for ur reply.
kan
good to see a thread on UPENN a good school indeed ..
well,me too applying for UPENN and i'm sure for everyone a school like UPENN ,is a dream school.
what all i know about UPENN's interview is....just be yourself in interview and dont exaggerate what u can do or any such sort of things be honest that's what they look for ..if u search old threads on this school im sure all your queries will get answer ...they dont look for just good grades in part 1 ..they look at you as how suitable you are for their school?your grades are good till your interview call...rest is your performance at that time
hope have cleared your doubts.. :)

kan said:

thank u for ur reply.
kan
I think Indian Bds gave you your reply.There are people who have gotten accepted with no experience.It is the overall package they look at.If you get a chance though, try to observe or volunteer at a dental office here.
Good luck

Hi Kan,
Are u looking for infor on doing post dental or residency . i ve know that there are hospitals in PA that offers residency in dental after the bachelors. U can mail me at "[email protected]". May be we can look together for schools that offer dental residency Take care ...

kan said:

thanx in advance.
kan

indian bds said:
good to see a thread on UPENN a good school indeed ..
well,me too applying for UPENN and i'm sure for everyone a school like UPENN ,is a dream school.
what all i know about UPENN's interview is....just be yourself in interview and dont exaggerate what u can do or any such sort of things be honest that's what they look for ..if u search old threads on this school im sure all your queries will get answer ...they dont look for just good grades in part 1 ..they look at you as how suitable you are for their school?your grades are good till your interview call...rest is your performance at that time
hope have cleared your doubts.. :)

thanx for ur information.that is what i heard from everybody.actually i searched out all the threads for upenn,but i couldn't get one.i request all of them who have joined r who r going to join upenn ,pls put some usefull information.

thanx divya and indian bds for ur reply.

i am also planning to apply upenn, when is the last date for application?

tummala_p said:
i am also planning to apply upenn, when is the last date for application?

DECEMBER 22,2006

hiii everybody

i am applying for upenn..and i have a couple of questions..

1. can we send the nbde-1 and toefl result along with the application or the score has to come directly from the toefl people and nbde people to u penn

2. do we need to send the reccomendation letter from our previous dental school??

thanks

syndrome said:
hiii everybody

i am applying for upenn..and i have a couple of questions..

1. can we send the nbde-1 and toefl result along with the application or the score has to come directly from the toefl people and nbde people to u penn

2. do we need to send the reccomendation letter from our previous dental school??

thanks
Hi,
I m also planning to apply to upenn ....regarding the nbde score report and toefl(code 2944 dept 00), i have sent the application directly to the college...but i will also be attesting notarised copies of nbde score and toefl along with my application.
regarding the transcripts( in my case its ECE) they accept notarised copies.
hope this helps.....

hii smallwonder
thank u for the info..i have an other question..regarding sop..can we write it in a separate sheet or in space provided in the application??
thanks again

U can write in in a separate sheet.......

hi shlo,
is it OK to leave the page with the application blank if i write a separate copy of SOP...??

thx a lot..
tc, bye..

NASA said:
hi shlo,
is it OK to leave the page with the application blank if i write a separate copy of SOP...??

thx a lot..
tc, bye..
thanks for making things clear ..i had the same doubt...
well have a question for those who are in upenn or those who have been interviewed before...when actually they start calling first batch for interview? and do's or don't for upenn applications
would appreciate any inputs regarding that
Also would be great if we all share our stats for application pool and where we stand out ..
let me start with mine
NDB PART 1 89
GPA 3.75
TOEFL 95[retaking it coz of 26 in speaking]
WORK EXP IN HOME COUNTRY ...1YEAR AFTER INTERNSHIP
WORK EXPERIENCE IN US...1 YEAR SINCE IM HERE
OTHER experiences ..
presented papers on certain research topics during intership in oral surgery
well how good or bad my stats are ...for any school dont know : but would appreciate comments..and accept with grain of salt .. :cool:
good luck to all applicants .. :thumbup:
hope all of us get into our dream school this year :) :luck:

indian bds said:
thanks for making things clear ..i had the same doubt...
well have a question for those who are in upenn or those who have been interviewed before...when actually they start calling first batch for interview? and do's or don't for upenn applications
would appreciate any inputs regarding that
Also would be great if we all share our stats for application pool and where we stand out ..
let me start with mine
NDB PART 1 89
GPA 3.75
TOEFL 95[retaking it coz of 26 in speaking]
WORK EXP IN HOME COUNTRY ...1YEAR AFTER INTERNSHIP
WORK EXPERIENCE IN US...1 YEAR SINCE IM HERE
OTHER experiences ..
presented papers on certain research topics during intership in oral surgery
well how good or bad my stats are ...for any school dont know : but would appreciate comments..and accept with grain of salt .. :cool:
good luck to all applicants .. :thumbup:
hope all of us get into our dream school this year :) :luck:
Hi Indian bds,
had a small doubt, would appreciate if u can throw some light on this,,,,as u mentioned tht u would b retaking toefl bcoz of 26 in speaking. is there some specific break up score for each section tht upenn requires.even i have 27 in speaking...am a bit confused.

my stats are as follows:
NBDE Part 1- 95(avg)
gpa (ece) - 4
Toefl - 100(ibt)
3 yrs of work experience in india.

dental06 said:
Hi Kan,
Are u looking for infor on doing post dental or residency . i ve know that there are hospitals in PA that offers residency in dental after the bachelors. U can mail me at "[email protected]". May be we can look together for schools that offer dental residency Take care ...
Hi all,

I have just given TOEFL , planning to give NBDE 1 in 2-3 months, have work experience of 4 yrs in India Plz share info. with me.

small wonder said:
my stats are as follows:
NBDE Part 1- 95(avg)
gpa (ece) - 4
Toefl - 100(ibt)
3 yrs of work experience in india.

wao what great stats you have
hats off to you!! :luck: actually as far as i know upenn has no criteria for toefl..just eligibilty[i might be wrong]
but i have applied to ucsf too..that's the reason im retaking it they have specified in application form toefl split score ..no personal offence but that sucks ...we are not applying to any management schools or grad schools ..its dental school and having >28 in speaking ..is like cocentrating more on language than dentistry :sleep:
cant help it ...beggers cant be choosers ..application process has made me insane i dont know what 'll happen when we have to wait for interview calls ...and our adrenaline level 'll keep increasing :confused:

hi everyone,
i am really confused abt getting my certificates notarized.
do they have to be notarized by notary public or is it fine if i get it done from commissioner of oaths.i am residing in canada and do not know the place where i can go.plz help
thanks.

indian bds said:
wao what great stats you have
hats off to you!! :luck: actually as far as i know upenn has no criteria for toefl..just eligibilty[i might be wrong]
but i have applied to ucsf too..that's the reason im retaking it they have specified in application form toefl split score ..no personal offence but that sucks ...we are not applying to any management schools or grad schools ..its dental school and having >28 in speaking ..is like cocentrating more on language than dentistry :sleep:
cant help it ...beggers cant be choosers ..application process has made me insane i dont know what 'll happen when we have to wait for interview calls ...and our adrenaline level 'll keep increasing :confused:

NASA said:
hi shlo,

thx a lot..
tc, bye..

Hey nasa
U can just write SEE ATTACHED in the space given for SOP.......