Upenn Core Studies in One Year??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueskygreengrass

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Core Studies post bac program can be completed in one year? Their website says it is two years but can be done in 1 year. I called the recruitment office and they said that the Core Studies program is two years. I have none of the prerequisites. Can anyone who has gone through this shed some insight?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the Core Studies post bac program can be completed in one year? Their website says it is two years but can be done in 1 year. I called the recruitment office and they said that the Core Studies program is two years. I have none of the prerequisites. Can anyone who has gone through this shed some insight?
Hey man,

I just started the Core Studies program here at Penn. Without any Intro Bio or Chem courses that would be nearly impossible, since those should be taken before anything else. However, if you start in the summer section and work straight through to the next summer, it is possible. When I went for my interview they had a current student there taking questions who said he is doing it in one year (read: beginning of summer to end of following summer) and he regrets it. Not only did it cause him to burn out, but he also didn't have enough time to beef up his resume in terms of volunteering and research experience.

Good luck!