UPenn Interview Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothmail

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i was wondering if anyone had got an interview call from UPenn? i have and i was wondering who else is in the same boat.

does anyone know the intake percentage? i mean how many people are called for an interview and how many are taken? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

dude
just wanted to know what was your score in the part 1 of the nbde?
did you give the part 2 already?
thakns
jay

toothmail said:
hi everyone!

i was wondering if anyone had got an interview call from UPenn? i have and i was wondering who else is in the same boat.

does anyone know the intake percentage? i mean how many people are called for an interview and how many are taken? thanks.

Hi toothmail,
Good luck with the interview :luck: ..I am sure some of the seenior sdn members are there at upenn :)

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations toothmail, when is your interview? and when did you apply?

toothmail said:
hi everyone!

Hi toothmail we are on the same page.I received the intrview invitation yesterday from UPenn. :) I don't know how meny people they take.My interview will be on 22 September.Is there anybody who has the interview on the same date.

Does anyone know how many students are admitted in for ADv standing prog in U Penn ?

i would like to know their intake too. it would indicate what our chances are.

my interview is mid-september.

Congrats Toothmail for getting the interview call.All the best
last year they recieved 650 applications,called around 350 for the interview and admitted around 35.
But an early interview is always better.
take care

thanks pinktooth. hope u have found some accomodation in boston.

pinktooth said:
Congrats Toothmail for getting the interview call.All the best
last year they recieved 650 applications,called around 350 for the interview and admitted around 35.
But an early interview is always better.
take care

Wow!..350 iterviewed!!!!! & they selected 35!!!! :wow:
I am wondering will all other schools do the same way!?

well tufts takes about 50% of those interviewed. so the chances there are better dentaldoc.

Hi toothmail,
I found a place to stay ,thank you.will be coming to Boston on the 1st

hi tooth mail

all the very best for your interview!

any idea what minimum percentage is required for interview call...

any info is appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, can you guys post your part I score, GPA and your experience(other degrees or working experience)?

hey,
upenn does not only look at ur scores and gpa they look for many other things like experience ,research, any masters deg etc....
last year i know many people who had scores above 83 and were called for an interview.....
all the best

hello,
my scores are
part1-98
part2-yet to take
GPA-4.0
Masters in perio
teaching and research experience during masters and after masters.
i think this should answer ur question
starwars said:
hey,
upenn does not only look at ur scores and gpa they look for many other things like experience ,research, any masters deg etc....
last year i know many people who had scores above 83 and were called for an interview.....
all the best

previous post was for Lihuahuang
sorry abt that.
lihuahuang said:
Hi, can you guys post your part I score, GPA and your experience(other degrees or working experience)?

Wasthat a 98 that I just saw or doI need glasses :D

hi
when did u apply to upenn?
i will be applying next week.
thanx

Hi guys I have been called in for interview, should we wear suit or a casual dressing would suffice??? rock on and good luck to everybody

toothmail said:
hi everyone!

Dear toothmail,

I believe you have been called for the interview , Congrats ! Regarding the application did you send a separate Statment of Purpose , or did you fill in the lines few lines that they have provided in the online application. Tell more more abt interview process, good luck !

Thanks ,

Zeb

i did not apply for upenn online. yes i sent in an sop which was quite long.

you need to dress formally for the interview- suit only. no casual stuff!

toothmail said:
i did not apply for upenn online. yes i sent in an sop which was quite long.

you need to dress formally for the interview- suit only. no casual stuff!

Hi toothmail,
congrats on getting an interview call.did u fill in the proffesional dental experience in ur country and your carrer goals lines and then send a sop separately.There is so much to write in these applications I am confused :scared:

well on the application form, whatever was asked i filled it in. but for the question where they asked for the SOP, i included an SOP separately. for all the other questions just fill in briefly- anyway you will be including your transcripts etc. so it shouldnt really be a problem.

toothmail said:
well on the application form, whatever was asked i filled it in. but for the question where they asked for the SOP, i included an SOP separately. for all the other questions just fill in briefly- anyway you will be including your transcripts etc. so it shouldnt really be a problem.

Hello tooth mail,
Can u pls tell me how long should the SOP be.
& some tips & helpfull links if possible?

hello guys, i got an interview invitation, it will be sept 22nd.

caninus_molarus said:
hello guys, i got an interview invitation, it will be sept 22nd.
congrats caninus,
when did u apply to upenn?and when did u recieve the call from them?
thanks
all the best...

thanx
i applied 7/14, i got a lettrer not a call on 8/16.

hi

these are some useful websites that people going for the UPenn interview might want to check out:

check out this link from UPenn Dental website:
http://www.dental.upenn.edu/about/directions.html

about philadelphia taxicabs: you can even reserve a taxi online through this website but i am not sure how reliable they are
http://www.phltaxi.net/pages/fare-info.htm

on the above website there are also some more website links for philly which might be helpful.
phillyvisitor.com has discount hotel bookings at:
http://www.180096hotel.com/cgi-bin/pickinput?SID=PVR&LKF=PVR&Dest=PHL

as for the SOP:
i would say look at ivy league school and other highly ranked school websites and get pointers from there. you can see sample SOPs usually on their websites. search for it on google.

you can also check out some books on SOPs from your public library and learn how it should be presented. but make sure it is personal and looks like you wrote it. during the interview it is not too difficult for them to see whether you wrote that SOP or not by the way you talk and carry yourself.

the tips on how long an SOP should be etc. should be in those books and variouos websites on the net too. and you have to follow what the school prescribes as the maximum length too. Eg: BU needs it to be 300 words or so.

and finally, remember that most schools see the whole package and not just the SOP- so don't get too stressed out!

good luck. :luck:

Please help me on this one buddies, how should we wear?, do we need any special preparation for the Interview please brainstorm with your pros and cons and Do?s and Don?ts.

Mine is on the 23 October

I just received a letter from Upenn for an interview on 14th october :D :) :) :) :) .So any one who has the interview on that date please pm me.One more thing ,for the interview what else to we need to go through- other then the information on sdn interview site,the threads on it,the school website.Please let me know if we need to study anything in particular

G.P said:
I just received a letter from Upenn for an interview on 14th october :D :) :) :) :) .So any one who has the interview on that date please pm me.One more thing ,for the interview what else to we need to go through- other then the information on sdn interview site,the threads on it,the school website.Please let me know if we need to study anything in particular
congrats GP,
can u tell me when did u apply to upenn and when did u get the interview letter?
thanks and all the best :thumbup:

hi,
by what kind of mail did u receive the interview letter?
can any one tell me about this?
thank u
mandakki

I am sceduled on the 7th of oct....
anyone on this day?????

good luck :luck:

My interview at Penn is in mid september.I have a score of 85 which isnt great at all, but I have heard that last year they took a student with a score of 81 so I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

hey any body has interview on 21 of oct?
thank u

mandakki said:
hey any body has interview on 21 of oct?
thank u
is ur interview scheduled on 21st?
congrats
when did u apply and when did u recieve the letter for interview?
all the best

hi starwars ,
yes i have an interview on 21 oct.i applied in aug.

starwars said:
congrats GP,
can u tell me when did u apply to upenn and when did u get the interview letter?
Hey star wars ,
Sorry did not see your question for me.I had applied in 2nd week of august and i got the acceptance letter by normal mail,snail mail.
Any body here have an interview on the 14th of october??Please pm me.

starwars said:
congrats GP,

oops i forgot to write this!!!
I had applied on 11th august,at least i had mailed the apllication to the university on that date. Have you applied there??Hope you hear from them soon. :thumbup:

hi,
does upenn have rolling admissions like boston?
pls help.
thanks

someone on sept. 30?

:scared: hi guys
my application had reached upenn on 27th August but i have not as yet received any intimation from them. i hav a score of 90 in part 1 n 87 in part2.

i m very tensed :scared: anyone in d same boat??????????????????

mandakki said:
hi,
does upenn have rolling admissions like boston?
pls help.
thanks

just called and spoke at UPENN.. they said they didnt ahve rolling admissions
toothie

according to what Dr. Lopez told us they dont have rolling admissions at Penn..1/3rd selected in first round of interviews.next nov -dec and rest 1/3rd after jan-feb and after that they decide on the wait list....this is what we were told at Penn.

hi guys
I have finally got an interview call....but i guess id fit in d second round of admissions. it is for d 2nd Dec.wish me luck ...i ll be needing a lot of it.

Folks,
Anybody getting interviewed on 13th Oct?
Cheers!