UPenn Interview Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:) hey i have recived an interview call from upenn for the 20th of october ,has anyone one else recieved it on this date pls contact me at [email protected] :thumbup: thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My interview In UPEN will be on Nov 3rd. bset of luck. Please post your exp once u finish your interview

can u post your nbde score, gpa and toefl results. thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
mandent said:
can u post your nbde score, gpa and toefl results. thanx

part 1 84 part 2 80 toefl 264 . . surprising right that i got an interview call : :eek:

caninus_molarus said:
hello guys, i got an interview invitation, it will be sept 22nd.
Hi Caninus_molarus,
How was your interview??Could you share your experience ?Thanks

kriss said:
hi rams,
could u pls tell me when u applied ?

i had applied by around mid august

rams said:
part 1 84 part 2 80 toefl 264 . . surprising right that i got an interview call : :eek:

thanx
yep, its surprising
good luck

i also have an interview on 21st oct.

hi guys
my interview has been preponed for 21st October.

rams said:
hi rams,
do u have any work experience in us?and in your home country?
good luck for the interview

anjoliey said:
hi rams,
do u have any work experience in us?and in your home country?
good luck for the interview

yes i have worked for 3 yrsin my hom country

Hi guys,

Good luck to those who have their interviews coming up, I have an interview with UPenn on Oct 10 th. I just want to know whether anyone has on that date. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
dhee said:
Hi guys,

Good luck to those who have their interviews coming up, I have an interview with UPenn on Oct 10 th. I just want to know whether anyone has on that date. :thumbup:
Oct 10 is sunday , do you have an interview on sunday? :D
A guy who is in the PASS told me he had an interview on tuesday and received the acceptance letter 3 days later. Somebody know if the letter took months for other applicants?

pinkdiamond said:
Oct 10 is sunday , do you have an interview on sunday? :D
A guy who is in the PASS told me he had an interview on tuesday and received the acceptance letter 3 days later. Somebody know if the letter took months for other applicants?
hi pink diamond,
was it this year or last year( i mean who got acceptance three days after interview).was just curious as i attended my interview on sep 8 and havent heard from them yet.
arvind

Oops!!!!!, Its on Oct 7 th, not Oct 10th.

aravind buddula said:
hi pink diamond,
was it this year or last year( i mean who got acceptance three days after interview).was just curious as i attended my interview on sep 8 and havent heard from them yet.
arvind
HI aravind buddula : I think was last year, because he started PASS this year. I also want to know if it always take 3 days for everybody to receive the letter or this case is special?
I am having an interview in UPENN at the end of the month, could you tell me what questions they asked to you? All the questions were just about your life , what I mean is any technical question . Some people say some questions about prosthodontics.

Could you tell me what book is BRS? and what is MLE?
thanks

:
neha said:
Hi,
I have an interview at upenn on nov 17.anybody else on the same day?

Also I wanted to know from those who have attended the interview,after you enter the hall can we take the person accompyning us on the college tour or is it like once you go in you alone will be allowed.And also for the financial session can someone else be with you.

hi neha...

could u pls tell me when u applied for upenn nd whn u got the interview call....also with ur stats if u dont mind..all the best fr the interview :luck:

neha and buddies , hi.
i have just lurked around and now i say hello to you.

i did my interview last year and i will do again this year on coming nov 19th.
as i look back my experiences, you can just ask the room number to the security officer at the front gate. he or she will tell you the way to the room.

about financial session, i remember there was people who was like financial adviser and she explained kindly about finanicail plan.

good luck.

Does anybody has an interview in UPenn on 11 nov?

hi,
I am curious to know whether there is anyone who got rejected last year and are being called for interview this year?
thanks

hi friends....
i am new to this sight. :oops: nice to read ur msg & congratulations those who got interview.
i wanted to know that if i apply in this week can i get interview before dec end....if at- all i am getting!
as i am on visitor visa which expieres on 27th dec.
can somebody pls help me on this..? :scared:

Hello guys,
I got an interview call from UPenn for nov 17. But the problem is even UOP has it's interview starting on nov 17!!!...I am totally confused what to do now...Though UOP didn't start sending interview letters and I don't know whether I will be called for interview or not..I am in dilemma now whether to postpond the UPenn interview? will postponding the interviews create a bad impression?..any one in the same boat or have undergone all this before?..Pls post your opinion guys :confused:

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,
I got an interview call from UPenn for nov 17. But the problem is even UOP has it's interview starting on nov 17!!!...I am totally confused what to do now...Though UOP didn't start sending interview letters and I don't know whether I will be called for interview ot not..I am in dilemma now whether to postpond the UPenn interview? will postponding the interviews create a bad impression?..any one in the same boat or have undergone all this before?..Pls post your opinion guys :confused:

well ideally ,u shouldnt postpone any interviews....but ur's is a genuine situation...if ur interviews clash u completely loose ur chance in one school....
so it is better to postpone in one school and stand a chance than loosing it altogether
u will surely impress them by ur stats and interview etc.....so if they like u they will take you..
there r many people who reschedule their interviews so dont worry....

all the best.

Call up UPenn.Tell them that you have also applied for UoP and might have to go for interview on 17th Nov.In that case will they be able to re-schedule your interview.

They are very keen that you apply where-ever possible and hence they will not mind.Rather they will be happy to know that you are thinking ahead and that you are keen on appearing for interview at UPenn as UoP conducts theirs only once,while they don't.

Just my line of thinking

gpg

hi guy,

i just had my interview at u-penn and it was terrible.Actually out of the 3 interviewers 2 of them were very good and the famous ice princess was bad.I would say that she is exactly what people at the PASS claim her to be.My advise would be not to get fooled by her.

It is true that Penn does not have rolling admissions.This year they are planning to do it 1/2 and 1/2 because of the number of applicants who have applied, plus the class size has been reduced from 34 to 30.Also I think there are more chances of getting in if you are called for the Dec interview.

Anyways i am pretty sure that i am not going to get in.all the best for everyone with interviews.

Who is this "famous" ice princess you are talking about?Is it the new dean?or Dr.Lopez?

Why was your session with her bad?And in what way did she fool you?

30 is a good number.I had heard it is likely to be just 20 this year.

Why do you say people called in Dec have the best chance?

Any way please relax,I am sure you have not done as bad as you are saying you have.

Have you applied anywhere else?Called/attended interview?

stats?

hi GPG,

Dr. Lopez is pretty shrewd. She is just different from the impression she gives you when you 1st meet her.Most PASS students there told me that they got accpeted in the last minute so getting an interview in Dec was good because they were fresh faces that could be easily remembered.

Also I think this year they are planing to do it 1/2 and 1/2. Previously they had an interview session for 7 weeks and they chose 10 students from each batch and put 5 on waiting list.This was when they were having 3 interview batches.This time I think they will have interviews for 3 months in the 1st batch and choose about 15 to 16 people and do the same with the next one.

I think they have a lot of applicants .I heard that in sept begining they had 350 applicants!!!!!!!!!and they still have 4 more months to go.

So best of luck to all you guys

Thanks starwars & gpg for your advice :) ..I will try to call Upenn & findout whether it's possible....

hi,
i got an interview call from upenn in december. as i have learnt there are 3 interviews. if somebody can tell me who are on the pannel.
good luck to all
ajs

good luck for interview

do u have any idea about upen, tufts, pitts, usc or columbia school?
what the basis of interview call and selection?

high scores and early application make really a big rule in the interview calls and the selection process, if i were you i wouldent apply to upitt, man they are so rude and un professional.

hi

how was your interview?
did u get any reply?
what they are looking for/
what were interview questions?

mariyaBG said:
Hi toothmail we are on the same page.I received the intrview invitation yesterday from UPenn. :) I don't know how meny people they take.My interview will be on 22 September.Is there anybody who has the interview on the same date.

hi,
just wanna know if anybody has recieved acceptance from UPENN and if not anybody has any idea when they ar sending the acceptance letters.
thank you

I called they told me at admissions that for the first round of interviews they will send acceptance or rejection an mid december so relax and have fun, the wait is long, have you been interviewed elsewhere?

hi,
i just called UPENN and they told me that for the first round they would be sending letters this month end.dont know whether it would be decmeber end or october end.
anyways will have to wait.
well i got accepted in tufts and BU.
Francisco said:
I called they told me at admissions that for the first round of interviews they will send acceptance or rejection an mid december so relax and have fun, the wait is long, have you been interviewed elsewhere?

hi Aravind!
congrats on being accepted by TUFTS and BU!!!:clap: i am sure you will be accepted at Upenn as well. With your amazing scores which Univ will not want you ??!!!! :D :D :D they must be ready with a red carpet welcome for u :laugh:

by the way, have u decided which Univ u want to join?well, the rest of us can hope of getting in the others then :luck:

aravind buddula said:
hi,
i just called UPENN and they told me that for the first round they would be sending letters this month end.dont know whether it would be decmeber end or october end.
anyways will have to wait.
well i got accepted in tufts and BU.
Aravind, i didn`t understand something - we must expect results at the end of this month or next one, or december?

A friend of mine who had an interview says they want people who is proud of his ethnicity, is also reccomended make questions since it shows you are interested in their program and took attention of its video. And for those asking about what to wear nowadays image counts so go well dressed. If you are lucky having someone of your family going with you ,it can help to feel relaxed. Some people take husbands or wives and they can be with you all the time you are waiting to be interviewed.
The results will be sent at the end of October, beginning of November.
By the way I dont understand people who has been accepted in more than 1 program and is still worried about admission in more programs... :confused:
relax ....

thanks for your valuable piece of information.well people are not worried about admission in more programs they are more worried whether they would get admission in the school they want to.
i hope that makes things clear for you.
pinkdiamond said:
A friend of mine who had an interview says they want people who is proud of his ethnicity, is also reccomended make questions since it shows you are interested in their program and took attention of its video. And for those asking about what to wear nowadays image counts so go well dressed. If you are lucky having someone of your family going with you ,it can help to feel relaxed. Some people take husbands or wives and they can be with you all the time you are waiting to be interviewed.
The results will be sent at the end of October, beginning of November.
By the way I dont understand people who has been accepted in more than 1 program and is still worried about admission in more programs... :confused:
relax ....

rams said:
:) hey i have recived an interview call from upenn for the 20th of october ,has anyone one else recieved it on this date pls contact me at [email protected] :thumbup: thanks

Dear Ramyarshetty,
Hi!...I just read your post about u being called for an interview at Upenn on the 20th of Oct.I have been called on the same date.Please check you PM.
best wishes,
Elementz

well said Aravind,

just shows that you are really keen on getting into UPenn.Am sure you will.Enjoy.

gpg