upenn interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shammitandel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends, i will be goin to upenn for the adv sta pro interview. can one please tell me what to expect and how the interview goes. thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

Its gonna be a full day's event. U'll start around 8:30am with a light breakfast ,an introductory video on the school's PASS Program and 3 personal interviews. Lastly u'll be lectured about the financial aspects of the whole program. You might be done between 4 to 4:30pm. Just try and relax and be yourself and by the way , when is your interview date?.

Originally posted by guru
Hi

Its gonna be a full day's event. U'll start around 8:30am with a light breakfast ,an introductory video on the school's PASS Program and 3 personal interviews. Lastly u'll be lectured about the financial aspects of the whole program. You might be done between 4 to 4:30pm. Just try and relax and be yourself and by the way , when is your interview date?.

thanks guru.its on 13th of nov.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agreed with guru, I just came back from UPenn, all you need to do is relax and be yourself. They won't ask you more than your life story.
:)

Hi Angelalee

I presume your interview went OK. How did you find Dr. Lopez?

She is the one no one can be sure what she is actually thinking.;)

Originally posted by angelalee
I agreed with guru, I just came back from UPenn, all you need to do is relax and be yourself. They won't ask you more than your life story.

thanx.

Hi, guru and anglealee, could you tell me if the interview room is cold or warm in Upenn? What should I wear in the interview.

Hi Lina
I think the room temp can always be controlled to make candidates comfortable. As concerned your outfit, I think you only need to appear decent (suit possibly). When is your interview?

Thanks, guru and angelalee. My interview is on 11/07. What are your interview questions? Who interview you?

Originally posted by Lina chen
Thanks, guru and angelalee. My interview is on 11/07. What are your interview questions? Who interview you?

hi lina , when did u take ur ndb. r u working as a dental assistant.

all about your life time story:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, angelalee. Shammitandel, I took nbde 1 in this July and hadn't worked as a dental assi. How about you? And your interview is one week after mine? When did you send out your application and when recieved the interview information?

Originally posted by Lina chen
Thanks, angelalee. Shammitandel, I took nbde 1 in this July and hadn't worked as a dental assi. How about you? And your interview is one week after mine? When did you send out your application and when recieved the interview information?

hi i took ndb in
last july and got 91 in that.now i am working as a dental assistant. ihad sent my app 2 weeks back and after one week i received interview letter.

Gook luck to us!!

Hi Lina

You'll be asked questions about your past , present and what your future goals are.

Thank you very much, guru.

Guru, will I meet with three interviewers who come from different departments of the school?

Lina chen said:

congratulations for getting an interview call from penn.
How much is your part 1 and part 2 score?
How much is your GPA?

guru said:
Hi Lina

You'll be asked questions about your past , present and what your future goals are.

congratulations getting interview call from pen.
How much is your part 1 and part 2 score?
How much is your G.P.A

angelalee said:
can you tell us more about your interview? what were the questions they asked?
appreciate your reply

guru said:
Hi Lina

Hi ,
Could you post your interview feedback indetail at the feed back sdn webpage.Will be really help ful to everyone expecting to go for interview now and next year as well.Thanks.

hi
i had my penn interview on 9th sep..very laid back and they make you feel quite comfortable...
Dr.Lopez seemed quite good..
yes..but one of the interviewers did ask me about pfm crowns...quite unexpected though..
but just be yourself and be confident..that will work..
all the best to all of you
im keeping my fingers crossed..
bluebirdy

hey bluebirdy,
thanks for ur post.
all the best.
what exactly were u asked abt pfm crowns?
can u post ur interview questions ?
ur feedback will help many other sdn'ers
thanks

Thanks for the feedback bluebirdy.Keep the info coming .Thanks .

hey,

i dont remember exactly how the question was framed but it was related to retention form and finishlines..nothing too difficult though..so dont worry guys..
all the best to all of you

bluebirdy

angelalee said:
not in black though.
Why not in black????PLeeeeeeez let me know Asap.Thanks.

Hi Everybody,
Can anybody let me know that how much score is required for upenn and how many seats r available for advanced standing program.
Bajwa

I just came back from Upenn interview. They seem not care too much about your score. Some people who got extremly high score didn't get accepted.

lihuahuang said:
I just came back from Upenn interview. They seem not care too much about your score. Some people who got extremly high score didn't get accepted.
Hey Lihuahuang,
Could shed any light on the how the interview will be?And is there anything we should know before the interview?/any do"s and dont"s??Thanks.

They said that they just want you to be yourself. They want to know what kind of person you are and they want to see if this program is good for you. I don't know what kind of people they expect. But they said that somebody who was very nervous during the interview got accepted. Somebody who seems top student got rejected. So just be yourself.
Another thing: don't ask three interviewers the same questions and don't ask them the questions you can check from their website. If you did this, Dr. Lopaz would not be happy.

shammitandel said:
hi lina , when did u take ur ndb. r u working as a dental assistant.
hi there
can u please tell me abt ur interview experiece at u penn , mine is shedule in coming few days so if u can share ur views ...how to prepare ans something abt the pass prog,abt dr lopez and something outstanding abt u penn
i will appreciate for ur reply
thanks a lot :confused:

Hi
Can you give us a few more details of your interview. Thanks a bunch.

Hey Angelalee,
Is there a specific reason for NO BLACK suit??????

Please let us know ....why not black...... :idea:
repy will be greatly appericated...
thanks

angelalee said:
not in black though.
This is my view: your suit colour has nothing to do with you getting selected ,this is just one of those things people come up with.
P.S.- I wore a black suit to my previous interview and got in.

divya said:
This is my view: your suit colour has nothing to do with you getting selected ,this is just one of those things people come up with.
P.S.- I wore a black suit to my previous interview and got in.
thanks for removing the misconceptions.It was a big issue for most of us.Black is a formal colour n is worn by most people for interviews.
sunita