UPenn Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Specialized Studies program enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheCruelOne

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!

I was hoping someone with a little bit of insight into Penn's post-baccalaureate program could offer me some advice. I was accepted into their Pre-Health Specialized Studies program back in March, but I have not formally accepted the offer yet. I also applied to Temple University's medical school's ACMS post-baccalaureate program and I was really hoping to get into it, but the chances of that happening seem slim. Anyway, I have not formally received any sort of rejection from TUSM's program (so I guess maybe there's a fraction of a chance that I could get into it), but I still haven't heard back from them. If by some miracle I were to be accepted into Temple's program, I would most definitely choose to go there over Penn.

My question is this: should I go ahead and accept enrollment into Penn's program right now (before I receive my decision from Temple)? The reason I ask is because I do have a feeling I won't get into Temple's program and in that case, I don't think it would be wise to continue to wait to accept Penn's offer. If, however, I accept Penn's offer and later find out that I am accepted into Temple, is there any way that I can cancel my enrollment at Penn? Would there be any overwhelming consequences that come with this?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone who knows a little something about Penn's post-bacc program could advise me. I don't want to continue waiting for Temple and therefore miss out on registering for classes I'd want to take at Penn if I don't end up getting admitted into the ACMS program, but I'm also trying to avoid causing any trouble by disenrolling from Penn if that should occur.

Thank you so much to anyone who can offer me some advice!
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the UPenn program is not an SMP. You take undergrad or grad courses, right? The two programs are completely different.