UPenn status question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LolaLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked my upenn status page and had this update. "The Committee on Admissions reviewed your application but has deferred an interview decision. Additional reviews will occur between now and March 2006 to see if your status changes within our applicant pool." Has anyone else gotten this message? Is this basically a permanent hold followed by a rejection or do people still get interviews after being passed over the 1st time?

Members don't see this ad.

LolaLee said:
I just checked my upenn status page and had this update. "The Committee on Admissions reviewed your application but has deferred an interview decision. Additional reviews will occur between now and March 2006 to see if your status changes within our applicant pool." Has anyone else gotten this message? Is this basically a permanent hold followed by a rejection or do people still get interviews after being passed over the 1st time?

I don't know but now that you mentioned it I would like to check my status page as well. Have the link?

Members don't see this ad :)
LolaLee said:

I just got that status update too. What does it mean???

Do they ever reject right off the bat? Is there still a glimmer of hope... Hmm.

That's what my status page read since last week, shucks.

Mine is still under review. How long were your applications under review till you got this notice?
I'm worried about these "competitive screenings". How crazy are these screens?

Yeah, there was a thread about this last week or so I think. Anyway mine was changed also. I'm assuming it means I've been rejected, although they may glance at my application again. I'm not particularly surprised. At least they've said something; it's better than just waiting around with no info at all, IMO.