Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UPenn status question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LolaLee, Nov 26, 2005.

1. LolaLee

LolaLee Member
    5+ Year Member

I just checked my upenn status page and had this update. "The Committee on Admissions reviewed your application but has deferred an interview decision. Additional reviews will occur between now and March 2006 to see if your status changes within our applicant pool." Has anyone else gotten this message? Is this basically a permanent hold followed by a rejection or do people still get interviews after being passed over the 1st time?

2. ultimateend

ultimateend fear is the mind killer.
    7+ Year Member

I don't know but now that you mentioned it I would like to check my status page as well. Have the link?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amandil

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. DrBorisCA

DrBorisCA aka. Flaming Cheeto
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just got that status update too. What does it mean???

Do they ever reject right off the bat? Is there still a glimmer of hope... Hmm.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kalenakai

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's what my status page read since last week, shucks.

6. Jon Davis

Jon Davis I killed the bank.
    10+ Year Member

Mine is still under review. How long were your applications under review till you got this notice?
    I'm worried about these "competitive screenings". How crazy are these screens?

7. tigress

tigress queen of the jungle
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, there was a thread about this last week or so I think. Anyway mine was changed also. I'm assuming it means I've been rejected, although they may glance at my application again. I'm not particularly surprised. At least they've said something; it's better than just waiting around with no info at all, IMO.