UPENN supplemental's last Q??

Started by deleted904921
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted904921

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please use this space to add additional information regarding your application if needed.

What should we write about here? I feel like it shouldn't be left blank but I'm not sure where to start with this. May i ask what you guys wrote/are thinking about? (not to copy but to get a general idea of how to begin this essay)

thanks!
 
I am wondering the same thing! Also, did most people answer the part about how you paid for your post-secondary education? If so, did you include housing, and other school related expenses (books, school parking, etc)? I would assume yes, but just checking!
 
I am wondering the same thing! Also, did most people answer the part about how you paid for your post-secondary education? If so, did you include housing, and other school related expenses (books, school parking, etc)? I would assume yes, but just checking!
Oh yeah wouldn't that be based off our financial aid/loans?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha cute and i totally would if i could haha but that has nothing "regarding my application"
Is there anything unique about your life? I would choose to just write about something interesting about yourself that you haven't spoken about already. Are you a vegan? Do you have aspirations of running a non profit? Are there any clubs you're passionate about? What aspect about yourself will contribute to the diversity of the school?
 
Please use this space to add additional information regarding your application if needed.

What should we write about here? I feel like it shouldn't be left blank but I'm not sure where to start with this. May i ask what you guys wrote/are thinking about? (not to copy but to get a general idea of how to begin this essay)

thanks!
Honestly, if you don't have anything else to add, just leave it blank. You will hear much advice that would say to write something. But, if you truly don't have anything else, you should not feel forced to write something.
 
Please use this space to add additional information regarding your application if needed.

What should we write about here? I feel like it shouldn't be left blank but I'm not sure where to start with this. May i ask what you guys wrote/are thinking about? (not to copy but to get a general idea of how to begin this essay)

thanks!
I left it blank on my application because I had nothing else to add. Still got an interview and acceptance regardless.
 
Have any of you had trouble submitting your supplemental app? I keep getting an SQL syntax error when I try to submit it.
 
Have any of you had trouble submitting your supplemental app? I keep getting an SQL syntax error when I try to submit it.
oh no! i havent tried submitting yet :0 i want to but my word limit is preventing me from doing so.
so a question for u - since there's no word counter on the actual UPENN supp how did u go around counting your words? cuz i feel like each system counts words/characters differently
 
oh no! i havent tried submitting yet :0 i want to but my word limit is preventing me from doing so.
so a question for u - since there's no word counter on the actual UPENN supp how did u go around counting your words? cuz i feel like each system counts words/characters differently
I answered the supplemental questions in a word document, highlighted each response and checked the word count as well as the character count. It's definitely a bit different than other apps that show you how many characters you have used. Good luck with your applications!
 
If we're adding an experience to the app after submitting, should we mention it in the first question? I'm not sure if they mean to put anything we didn't add at the time we submitted the app.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I answered the supplemental questions in a word document, highlighted each response and checked the word count as well as the character count. It's definitely a bit different than other apps that show you how many characters you have used. Good luck with your applications!
okay thats what i did. thank you! just submitted 🙂 good luck to you as well thank you!!
 
If we're adding an experience to the app after submitting, should we mention it in the first question? I'm not sure if they mean to put anything we didn't add at the time we submitted the app.
yeah in the 1st Q i briefly talked about what i'd be doing during my gap year that i didnt get to include in experience section bc it hasn't happened yet