UPenn, UConn, HES, or other???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tallgolfer

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I am graduating this fall with a current gpa of 2.97...yea that close to 3.0. Anyways I have been looking at those programs and I honestly think I would be the most happy at either UPenn or UConn. I did well in most of my upper level sciences except for Immunology and Genetics in which I got C- and C respectively. I have a ton of volunteer work (I was president of a service fraternity!) as well as shadowing my dentist. Oh I'm looking to go into dental btw, but I want to do something to enhance my record because I know I'm on the fence this cycle to get in to any dental school. So any input on those programs and my chances to get in them, or others that start this spring would be very helpful. Thanks!!! 🙂
 
Ok so I am graduating this fall with a current gpa of 2.97...yea that close to 3.0. Anyways I have been looking at those programs and I honestly think I would be the most happy at either UPenn or UConn. I did well in most of my upper level sciences except for Immunology and Genetics in which I got C- and C respectively. I have a ton of volunteer work (I was president of a service fraternity!) as well as shadowing my dentist. Oh I'm looking to go into dental btw, but I want to do something to enhance my record because I know I'm on the fence this cycle to get in to any dental school. So any input on those programs and my chances to get in them, or others that start this spring would be very helpful. Thanks!!! 🙂
UConn is an *awesome* program. I'm in my first semester here and I couldn't be happier. The advisors are wonderful, the classes are excellent, and it's definitely hard (or impossible) to beat at the cost of in-state tuition. If you're interested in UConn dental school, I would definitely go for this program--although I think the majority of post-bacs are premed. The very small size of the program--roughly 12 students--makes getting in pretty competitive (there were about 300 applicants for this fall--don't ask me how I managed to get picked from that!) so make sure you really put time into your application to up your chances of getting lucky. I can't tell you if your stats are good or bad--our group is quite varied, so it's hard to get a grip on the "magic formula" for getting in...there probably isn't one! Good luck! 🙂
 
I like UConn alot especially since its in New England. Anyone have thoughts on UPenn though or somewhere else? Thank you for that information on UConn though, maybe I'll see you there next semester!