upenn waiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations tasha...:)

Members don't see this ad.

Wow Tasha!!
thats awesome..really great.
Congratulations:clap: :clap:

Hi Solifide74, I'm a new member in the forum, but I have been at your place exactly last year and I didn't get in to UPenn but this year I applied again and got in without even going to interview again, it was in the end of October last year, so I wish you all the best and hope you will get in and I meet you in UPenn, but worst case scenario-you will get in next year. I also got in UCSF but I already made all the arrangements in Philly so I have to leave SF.
And it seems that a lot of people making a mistake by asking what your score, it doesn't matter because you need a high score to get to the interview and there everybody the same regardless of your scores. Good luck to you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
any one has any idea whether the UPENN is calling anyone from the waiting list. I am little curious to know about it as i am in waiting list.

Congrats to tasha

Plz do post if anyone has any idea.

All the best and have a nice day

Indiandentist

Hey everyone..

Thanks a whole bunch.. yeah its definitely party time here... AND going nuts over all the hundreds of things to do before i leave next month!! :hardy:

Sam.. Thanks for the tip.. after reading the thread about your problem, I was prepared in advance with the bank statement.. if it wasn't for you going through what you did, I wouldn't have been as prepared. Thanks a lot.. how are things with you? Is everything sorted out now?

Hi, Sola.. I directly got the FedEx.. I called immediately and asked them how much time I had to decide, they just gave me a couple of days at the most, and since I would be mad to let a chance like Penn go, I confirmed my acceptance on the telephone.. and will be paying my deposit and the 15 grand for the summer program :)( ) by next week.

indiandentist: Im sure you've heard this one before but STAY BY YOUR PHONE! This is the time they call ppl off the wait list, so all the best. :)

Good luck!!!!

Tasha

Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha
Hey everyone..

Thanks a whole bunch.. yeah its definitely party time here... AND going nuts over all the hundreds of things to do before i leave next month!! :hardy:

Sam.. Thanks for the tip.. after reading the thread about your problem, I was prepared in advance with the bank statement.. if it wasn't for you going through what you did, I wouldn't have been as prepared. Thanks a lot.. how are things with you? Is everything sorted out now?

Tasha

You are more welcome & Not yet ,am still workingon on the 20K left to reach 70K .

and since I would be mad to let a chance like Penn go, I confirmed my acceptance on the telephone.. .
I Knew it :clap: ..........I knew you were gonna do this :clap: .I hope that I can catch ya at UPENN .

and will be paying my deposit and the 15 grand for the summer program ( ) by next week
Yoy do NOT have to pay all the 15 K in one shot .this how they asked me to pay :

-Due on acceptence :5,450 $
-15th /March :6,000 $
-1st/April : 4,170 $

One more important thing .I recieved a letter from them 2 days ago.You have to submit copies of " proove of immunization " for the following :

-Measles,mumps,polio,rubella,ppd,hepatites-B(3shots) .

-They wanna know your Titer count .

Unfortunatly,although that I took all of these vaccines long time ago,but I do not have any proof with me ,so I guess I have to take them again:clap::clap: .I wonder how my butt is gonna look like after that:laugh: :laugh:

indiandentist: Im sure you've heard this one before but STAY BY YOUR PHONE! This is the time they call ppl off the wait list, so all the best. :)

Good luck!!!!

Tasha [/B]

Hi tasha,
Thanx a lot and i hope i will be ur class mate.

All the best

Indiandentist

Originally posted by sam3
One more important thing .I recieved a letter from them 2 days ago.You have to submit copies of " proove of immunization " for the following :

-Measles,mumps,polio,rubella,ppd,hepatites-B(3shots) .

-They wanna know your Titer count .

Unfortunatly,although that I took all of these vaccines long time ago,but I do not have any proof with me ,so I guess I have to take them again:clap::clap: .I wonder how my budd is gonna look like after that:laugh: :laugh:

:wow: NO WAY!! I won't be able to sit down for a week after all those shots! :( I don't think I have proof either. Oh, man.. :(

Sam, since I was accepted with the last bunch of students (Jan/Feb) I have to pay the acceptance and 15th March sum together. And since there's just a matter of 15 days for the 1st of april, and my checks have to come all the way from Dubai, I figure I'll pay that together as well.. so thats 15 big ones. :eek: Plus I paid my BU deposit of 3000 which i have to say goodbye to (i had to pay by feb 6th and i did cos I thought Penn would never want to see me again after my wonderful interview :D).

But yeah its going to be great having you and indiandentist and other SDNers in my class, Im looking forward to it. :)

Tasha

Thanks IGPENN.
your message gave me big hope to me.:clap: :clap:
thanks again.
if you don't mind . i have one more question to you.
was there any change on your stat when you applied again this year? for example, ndb score, toefl, etc

Sam, Tasha.
thanks for your reply.
i asked you because one of my fellow student in pass told me that she got a call from penn before she received the document of acceptance. but forget about it , it is the storie 3 year ago.

I am really happy to get advices from you friends.

have a nice day, buddies.:clap: :clap:

Nope, nothing just reaplied among the first people in July. Good luck and don't warry you have done your best and they really can call close to the April 19, but this was my problem last year, I wasn't in the USA so they figured out probably that I will not have enough time to complete all the visa process so take it into consideration.

Originally posted by solafide74
Sam, Tasha.
thanks for your reply.
i asked you because one of my fellow student in pass told me that she got a call from penn before she received the document of acceptance. but forget about it , it is the storie 3 year ago.

I am really happy to get advices from you friends.

have a nice day, buddies.:clap: :clap:

Solafide : maybe your friend was waitlisted,so this is why she got a call .Any way,when I saw your scores I was like:wow: so you have a grate chance to be called .

Don't you remember what Dr.Lopez said during your interview day??? .On mine,she said " we can call someone on the waiting list even few days befor the PASS starts " ,so just hope for the best ;) .

Hi Folks,
I don't know whether this is the right time or the right forum to post..but I didn't get a fedex..
I was so anxious that was difficult waiting everyday.:(
I thought I was a good candidate and I tried my best..but I guess it was not good enough:( ...

Members don't see this ad :)
pink tooth, you still have a chance, i dont think all people recieved their fedex yet, however i dont know to what other schools you did apply, but telling you the truth penn is really very strange in its selection, i have a friend who got 84 at ndb1 and didnt have a single day of experience, however he was accepted last year.
i dont mean he does not deserve, everyone deserves to be accepted as long as he passed the ndb exam and did his part but the point is'you never know'

good luck pinktooth and as you say"have faith"
dont wait for the fedex behind your window, just go and have fun

Hi Sola:)

i am a new person:p but just wanted to share my ideas.
even i am on the waiting list of upenn n i was interviewed in late oct.

by my research i found out upenn accepts only students who have working experience . they don't like if u were not doin any job after ur dentistry.

i am working as an assistant but i told them i took a break so i feel am on waiting or else naty lopez was impressed with me
:laugh:

i hope u get in there
am still waiting:rolleyes:

Originally posted by tweety
Hi Sola:)

by my research i found out upenn accepts only students who have working experience . they don't like if u were not doin any job after ur dentistry.

I think work experience is important to them, but its not the only thing.. I have zero work experience since my graduation one year ago! Still if u have the time, its always better to do something dental related, thats definitely impressive not only at Penn but at any school you apply to.

I really dont know what they're looking for, but like gsmm said you never know who'll get picked, and no one can really rule themselves out.

Pinktooth, that FedEx is probably on its way, keep the faith!! :) Vajra, thanks a lot.. ;)

Tasha

Pinktooth :

I really do not know how to encourage you more ,I could hardly do this to myself .anyway ,just hope for the best & be prepared for the worst .

sorry tasha didnt see the thread before

hearty congratulations.
I am very very happy for you.
one request dont leave the SDN after you get in there , we need you.

congrats once again

Ketu

tasha, you are the selected princess, enjoy

Hey pinktooth,
You ARE a good candidate....don't loose hope....stay positive n as per ur sign 'have faith'.....Good luck pinky:thumbup: :clap:

Hi Tasha,
If you don't mind could you plz share ur upenn interview experience in your free time....it might help the future applicants to get an idea of Upenn selection process....!:)Thanks in advance n Good luck....have a gala time:clap: :clap:

Good luck to all in the waiting list.....:thumbup: :)

Wiztooth :

do you mind sending me Bubly's pic by e-mail?????? I tryed to save it,but it is very small .

hey there "wait list "pals!!

m one among u.
i guess we 'll hear from Penn only after the 8th or 15th march!
thats just my ASSUMPTION!!
i wonder how many of us r on wait list??
i m TERRIBLY anxious, coz Penn is the only place i have applied & have pinned my hopes!!

good luck to all of us!!

ha...ha...you just can't save her snap like that....you have to pay some bucks for that!!!.....
:smuggrin: :laugh: :laugh: (jus kidding :D )
Sure sam i'll send you her pic.....that's so sweet of you to even remember her name:love: ...even you are fond of kids...?I'll send it now.....:)

Thanks everybody for there beautiful encouraging words.
I have no 'work experience' apart from the one year compulsory internship,in which I worked a lot..But thats Ok.
Hope fully God has a plan for everyone and we are so naive to know it...I am trying to get over UPenn.
Thanks a lot ,
take care:)

Originally posted by wiztooth

Hi Tasha,
If you don't mind could you plz share ur upenn interview experience in your free time....it might help the future applicants to get an idea of Upenn selection process....!:)

Hi Wiz!!

Sure I'll be happy to tell u about my interview.. to tell you the truth i didn't think it went too well at the time!!

I didn't prepare much before going.. just went thru the SDN interview feedback qsts.. I had been accepted at BU the night before the Penn interview so I was partying too hard to bother much.

Once i was there, I paid attention to the 2 hour video right at the beginning, it gives you a wealth of information and a very good picture of what to expect from the school.

The interviews followed the video.. they were more stressful than any of the other colleges I attended, I was asked what I had in me that the other candidates didn't have (i had no idea what to say), whether I'd fit in with an international community of students, what i am bad at (!!), why I didn't have work experience, and since I play the piano, I was even asked about many composers, something i was definitely not prepared for!!!

I got many PMs asking me what the ppl at Penn are looking for.. the truth is no one knows.. As for me, I think I managed to appear calm even when the toughest questions were asked of me, I gave a valid reason for my lack of work experience (we're not allowed to work in the UAE by law until we give an exam plus i was busy studying for part 1), I volunteered at a school for a few hours every week.. thats all the plus points i can think of!!! If they saw anything else in me, I have no idea what that was.. I just know Im extremely lucky!!!!!

Wiz I hope this helped.. :)

Tasha

pinktooth. cheer up. you did great job.

hi tweety. sorry for the late answer.
i think there must be something wrong with the server of sdn.
it was impossible to upload my message.
as other our friends said, i think the working experience is not all the requisite they want. actually i had a three years work experience in my country.
i tried to put an importance on that matter in my interview.

igpenn. thanks for your rapid answer.
i am also outside us now like you.
because the process for student visa takes several week, they may not consider me as proper candidate among people on the waiting list.
could i ask you where you are from?

hi sdn friends. do you think there is best time for applying?
i regret to have applied too early in this year.
(although it is thoroughly my feeling)

all the best for your future.

;) ;)

Hi Wiz!!

I got many PMs asking me what the ppl at Penn are looking for.. the truth is no one knows.. As for me, I think I managed to appear calm even when the toughest questions were asked of me, I gave a valid reason for my lack of work experience (we're not allowed to work in the UAE by law until we give an exam plus i was busy studying for part 1), I volunteered at a school for a few hours every week.. thats all the plus points i can think of!!! If they saw anything else in me, I have no idea what that was.. I just know Im extremely lucky!!!!!

Wiz I hope this helped.. :)

Tasha

Tasha : :confused: am I missing somthing here ??? didn't you mention somewhere on this forum that you are working and your job was stopped at the bigining of this month ??? .

and since I play the piano, I was even asked about many composers, something i was definitely not prepared for!!!

Tell me how did it sound at that moment :p ??

I think work experience is important to them, but its not the only thing.. I have zero work experience since my graduation one year ago! Still if u have the time, its always better to do something dental related, thats definitely impressive not only at Penn but at any school you apply to.

Should we poll this? I mean, poll the work experience forum members have as a dentist. Should I or will this offend someone?

Great idea, Meggs.. That would be really useful, because most ppl posting here ask this question at least once! I don't see how it could offend anyone, so just go ahead.

Tasha

Tasha : :confused: am I missing somthing here ??? didn't you mention somewhere on this forum that you are working and your job was stopped at the bigining of this month ??? .

Hi Sam.. No i didn't! Haven't worked a day in my life, unless you count the few hours of volunteer work I did at my mom's school for children with special needs.. and that still continues, whenever she needs me and Im free. The only thing that stopped was my preparation for Part 2. :D

Tell me how did it sound at that moment :p ??

Trust me, I wished a hole would appear under my seat and I could disappear. I babbled something I remembered from my old days of training about Chopin and Bach and escaped. :D

Tasha

p.s.. and with this post I'm a senior member!!! :hardy: Now if only I could change my terribly corny nick :(

Trust me, I wished a hole would appear under my seat and I could disappear. I babbled something I remembered from my old days of training about Chopin and Bach and escaped. :D

:(

:laugh: :laugh:

p.s.. and with this post I'm a senior member!!! Now if only I could change my terribly corny nick

If I could join you at UPENN ,.............can I call you Tasha ??without TOTALLY_ ??

Great idea, Meggs.. That would be really useful, because most ppl posting here ask this question at least once! I don't see how it could offend anyone, so just go ahead.

Tasha

Done.

Hey everyone!

Got accepted at Penn yesterday.. Im still in a state of shock cos I was mentally prepared to join BU.. and now i have my work cut out for me this month, as I don't live in the US and don't have a visa and the term starts in April. :eek:

I was interviewed on Jan 22nd.

To all you guys out there.. you have terrific stats.. I wish u all the luck in the world.. :)

Totally dazed Tasha

hi tasha congrats:clap: :clap: didnt see ur post till now. thts really great. wish u good luck

Tasha

p.s.. and with this post I'm a senior member!!! :hardy: Now if only I could change my terribly corny nick :(
:D Congratulations you've crossed a milestone gurl,senior member!!. The nick is not corny:) Your full of surprises, you play the piano!!. We seem to have alot of talented people on board, Pallavi's an artist, you play an instrument.:)

:laugh: :laugh:

If I could join you at UPENN ,.............can I call you Tasha ??without TOTALLY_ ??

At UPenn, you'd be calling me by my REAL name.. which is not Tasha but close :)

And its not IF you join me ... its WHEN you join me, because you're definitely destined to be part of UPenn. Keep the faith, Sam!!! We're all rooting for you.. :clap:

Thanks Ann and Mrinalini!!! The piano is such a beautiful instrument.. I've tried painting too.. but after seeing Pallavi's masterpieces, my own seemed like 3rd grade finger paintings!! :D
I really enjoyed her website. Im sure a lot of members have various talents, dentists have an artistic bend of mind.

Tasha

Hi Tasha,
Thanx a lot for sharing your interview experience:clap: :clap: it's so sweet of you to elaborate it nicely:love:.....your nick is cool :cool:....

It's amazing to know that you play piano too....:clap: way to go...kudos

Im sure a lot of members have various talents, dentists have an artistic bend of mind

I don't think I've any such talent:( ....n now it makes me realise I'm such a Walter Mitty:rolleyes:

Originally posted by mrinalini
We seem to have alot of talented people on board, Pallavi's an artist, you play an instrument.:)

Add me, I play the radio. :p

Tasha :

If you are looking for housing near UPENN .here are some links that will help you .

WOW, thats so amazing.. thank you so much, its exactly what i needed right now. :)

Tasha

One more thing :

http://mappoint.msn.com/(b0sscafgp2y5e3551vm1ftbv)/DirectionsFind.aspx?StartName=240+S+40th+St%2c+Philadelphia%2c+PA+19104&L=USA&C=39.95272,-75.20288

This link enabels you to get a map+ to caculate the distance from the school to where you wanna rent.Just write the school address in the box + click on get directions & the magic comes.

One more thing :

http://mappoint.msn.com/(b0sscafgp2y5e3551vm1ftbv)/DirectionsFind.aspx?StartName=240+S+40th+St%2c+Philadelphia%2c+PA+19104&L=USA&C=39.95272,-75.20288

This link enabels you to get a map+ to caculate the distance from the school to where you wanna rent.Just write the school address in the box + click on get directions & the magic comes.

You can also use mapquest or yahoo maps to get directions to any place in US and Canada.

Hi,
i would like to know whether anyone had cleared in the waiting list in UPENN.

Plz do lets us know as i am in the waiting list.

Have a nice day and all the best

Indiandentist

Hi Indiandentist
i am also in the waiting list of upenn and i have not yet heard from them. they had said that they will let us know from march 17th to april 17th. so got to wait:(
pla do post if anyone hears from them

tweety+pity+

hey "wait list" people,

i called Penn this morning. they said they have not yet started calling people from wait list.
so hang in there.

smiledentist

Hi guys,
Those who got accepted to UPenn, do we have to receive some books or any other material except immunization record?

I got them today, 8 books .I mean huge manuals .