UPITT Biomedical Master's Program 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arsenalfcfan1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to start this thread for the upcoming Upitt BMP class starting Fall 2017. Please feel free to post questions and updates!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for getting the thread going:) Do you know how old this program is or the its success rate? Did you already apply?

Hey there, thanks for getting the thread going:) Do you know how old this program is or the its success rate? Did you already apply?

Fall 2017 is going to be the inaugural year so I have no idea about the success rate. I did apply!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else apply to Pitt's Biomedical Master's? I just got invited to an interview and may consider committing to this program. I am a little wary of the newness of the program so may opt on a more established SMP program, but the program appears solid(lots of personal advising/opportunities at UPMC). Feel free to message if you're on a similar boat!

Hey guys, I'm interested in this program and wanted to know what you guys think my chance of getting into this program is. cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3.10, MCAT: 496 (I know on practice tests I had such a higher score, but my nerves were going crazy the day of the test).

Anyone else apply to Pitt's Biomedical Master's? I just got invited to an interview and may consider committing to this program. I am a little wary of the newness of the program so may opt on a more established SMP program, but the program appears solid(lots of personal advising/opportunities at UPMC). Feel free to message if you're on a similar boat!
Do you mind sharing your stats!

It says there’s a linkage to the UPitt SOM but it doesn’t sound like it’s an actual linkage in the description. If I read it correctly, it says the Post-Bacc Director will forward your information to UPitt SOM and then they’ll maybe interview you. Am I missing something?

Anybody here that got accepted or was a previous student? Need someone to ask questions about applying