1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Upper division classes for a full time or a part time?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Ellegra, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Ellegra

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello,
    I am asking for the advice!
    I already have a bachelor and finished my all premed prerequisites. Also I'm planning to take the MCAT in the spring of 2012. I do have shadowing and volunteering experience, and I'm working a part time.

Therefore, I'm planning to take some upper division classes during this coming year. Do I have to be a full time student as I was before when I was taking all prereqs, or is it acceptable to take those classes as a part time student?
    If to take the upper division classes as a full time student again then would that be a good idea to take, for example, half of the total units as the upper division classes, and the other half as the lower division level of some extra classes?
    Any suggestions, please?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I will do my best to answer it.There are no full-time or part-time requirements for medical school. Just finish your prereqs asap and apply.

It is easiest to mix hard classes with easy classes.

4. Ellegra

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you for reply. I am trying to figure out how the admission committee will see a student (a post-bac), who for example took all prerequisites as a full time student, but later took extra upper division classes (which is suggested) as a part time student. The reason is that I just want to have more time to prepare for the MCAT, but can that be counted as a sluggish?