Upper level sciences vs prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cartoons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are non-prereq science courses given any more/less weight than the basic prereqs, assuming the candidate made it through GPA screening? I ask because I've got a few more Bs than I would like in my sciences, and I'm a humanities major, so I have to get picky with which upper sciences I use to burn electives. Am I right in thinking that scoring high in a few bio classes to tip the scales in my last two years will keep me out of hot water?

For example, if I had a 3.3-3.4 from prereqs, but pulled that up to 3.5-3.6 from a handful of 3000-4000 level classes, is the 3.5-3.6 upward trend going to be the one that gets the spotlight?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry lol. I know it's arbitrary and all, but I giggled when I saw 3000-4000 level. Why does it need to be int the thousands ? Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Is that weird? Our school ranks classes in thousands for whatever reason. So like 1000-2000 classes are "lower division," like EUH1101 is Intro to European History or whatever, and then 3000-4000 classes are "upper division," so EUH4341 would be a class on Hapsburg Monarchy or whatever.

I don't understand the question. An upward trend is obviously good, and if it's in science classes even better.