2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. Congrats! if you don't mind can you share ur stats please (you can DM me if you like). thanks
511 mcat 3.78 gpa and lots of work with marginalized populations

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else get the scholarship email from the dean strongly urging us to apply to it..even when we don’t have an II? 🙃

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now.. but is the class full?
congrats!! and good luck ! when were you complete? and if you could kindly share stats please - I am just trying to understand why no II for me and if it might be because I was complete early sept (which is late). thanks

Reactions: 1 user
congrats!! and good luck ! when were you complete? and if you could kindly share stats please - I am just trying to understand why no II for me and if it might be because I was complete early sept (which is late). thanks
I threw in this app in extremely late - In december 2023 as I was delaying on Casper.. Im super surprised

Stats: Lizzy M 69, Casper 4Q, Scribed for DO for 2 yrs, URM

II just now.. but is the class full?
I'm not entirely sure but I think class being full just means the maximum number of acceptances went out. But as students pick and choose their schools, students are bound to drop their A's to other schools. I imagine Western will continue sending II's and A's until they have a full class where everyone is CTE.

I threw in this app in extremely late - In december 2023 as I was delaying on Casper.. Im super surprised

Stats: Lizzy M 69, Casper 4Q, Scribed for DO for 2 yrs, URM
thanks for replying - I think with me it might be my Casper score is too low. Can I DM you please - I have a few questions regarding DO scribing.

thanks for replying - I think with me it might be my Casper score is too low. Can I DM you please - I have a few questions regarding DO scribing.
tbh I don't think Casper matters as much. I got a 1Q and got an II and A.

tbh I don't think Casper matters as much. I got a 1Q and got an II and A.
I got a 2 Q and got a II and A as well. I think it is one of the factors they use to evaluate but they also have an MMI that tests similar things so im sure they take that in consideration too during their holistic process.

I got a 2 Q and got a II and A as well. I think it is one of the factors they use to evaluate but they also have an MMI that tests similar things so im sure they take that in consideration too during their holistic process.
that's great thanks and congrats!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get the scholarship email from the dean strongly urging us to apply to it..even when we don’t have an II? 🙃
Can you elaborate a little more? Is this an email for merit based scholarship or other kind. I did not receive any email from the Dean yet. Just wondering if it went to only a select few. Can somebody post the email received from the dean. Thanks.

Cancelled my interview here and withdrew my app… truly hoping it goes to one of y’all… western is a great school 🫶🏽

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Can you elaborate a little more? Is this an email for merit based scholarship or other kind. I did not receive any email from the Dean yet. Just wondering if it went to only a select few. Can somebody post the email received from the dean. Thanks.
I've been under review since September, but I got that email too. It's just about the scholarship posted at the top of your applicant status page. It looks need based.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys! I got an interview invite for western last week and have it this Thursday/Friday (I got the student thing on Wednesday). Anybody got any tips/advice to give, or anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted. Interviewed on 2/22 and 2/23

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Guys! I got an interview invite for western last week and have it this Thursday/Friday (I got the student thing on Wednesday). Anybody got any tips/advice to give, or anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Congrats! what are ur stats please if you don't mind sharing. thanks

Current OMS1. Have an outline/bullet points for commonly asked interview questions ie tell me about yourself, why medicine, why DO, why this school etc. Know the school history well and what it has to offer (ie research, service, academic resources)... its a pretty big on the osteopathic philosophy being the first osteopathic medical school in the western US. OMM is a large part of the curriculum. Feel free to DM with more Qs!

Current OMS1. Have an outline/bullet points for commonly asked interview questions ie tell me about yourself, why medicine, why DO, why this school etc. Know the school history well and what it has to offer (ie research, service, academic resources)... its a pretty big on the osteopathic philosophy being the first osteopathic medical school in the western US. OMM is a large part of the curriculum. Feel free to DM with more Qs!
Oh yeah and prob goes without saying but have questions prepared for students/faculty. There should be time at the end of your faculty interview to ask some and you want to seem interested. Asking questions is a good way to seem interested and see if the school is a good fit for you!

Oh yeah and prob goes without saying but have questions prepared for students/faculty. There should be time at the end of your faculty interview to ask some and you want to seem interested. Asking questions is a good way to seem interested and see if the school is a good fit for you!
Thank you!

I had to mull over this one for quite a while, but I have decided to withdraw my A from Western! Would be awesome to stay in Cali, but I think it may be time for a change of pace!

Good luck to those on the waitlist and those with upcoming interviews! 💜

Also, for reference, I was waitlisted on 2/1 after a 1/11 interview, and accepted off the waitlist on 2/20!

Reactions: 5 users
Got an email that my app is still with admissions. Have they already sent pre II rejections? I didn’t see a note about it in the thread

Got an email that my app is still with admissions. Have they already sent pre II rejections? I didn’t see a note about it in the thread
They don’t send them until like July or August unfortunately, long after interview season commences.

Can any current students comment on what the dress code is? Are there any assigned scrub colours?

IS II just now - complete Sept. I have been prepping for reapplication so super happy! Those that have been accepted any advice on how to prep for the interview (both panel and MMI) - super freaked out as this is my one and only shot! Thanks

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
anyone have any advice for those on the waitlist (Interviewed 1/11)?

anyone have any advice for those on the waitlist (Interviewed 1/11)?
patience... you should have a good shot at getting in! According to admissions staff last year, most people on the waitlist end up getting offers. Hang in there!

thank you for the reassurance fellow TES fan !

• Love
I heard last year they sent II till end of April 🤷‍♀️

Got an email that my app is still with admissions committee. I get one of those every 2 weeks and I always get so excited thinking it’s an II 😂

Did anyone on waitlist send a letter of interest? Wondering if it is actually worth sending

I’m not sure why ppl aren’t talking about this but does anyone else have concerns about the grading scheme (not true P/F) ?? The mandatory class attendance?? The business casual must be worn on campus?? Like it just seems so strict compared to other med schools