• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

prominence

15+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Can anyone share their thoughts, opinions, interview stories or rotation experiences, etc, on the following programs?

1. SUNY Buffalo
2. SUNY Syracuse
3. Albany Medical Center
4. University of Rochester

I would appreciate any feedback on these programs. Thanks.

2ndyear

15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2002
New England
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Rochester- Good/great larger program. Very strong residents and great hospitals.

Albany - Pretty good, small program. Good number of FMG's. Nice overall hospital system.

Syracuse - Very small university hospital, no OB or peds. Peds is coming (2007?). Currently get shipped to Cinci and the Brigham for these rotations. Large number of FMG's. Good college sports.

I would search through recent posts about these, I'm pretty sure I wrote some more on each of these but this is the general order of them, Rochester is by far and away a standout in upstate NY. The rest get lumped together basically.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.