UpToDate offer for medical student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Belleza156

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received an offer from UpToDate exclusively for medical students that is $99 for a one year subscription?

A friend of mine received it, and I didn't and when I emailed uptodate they basically told me that since I hadn't received their email I couldn't get the rate? WTF???? Seems ridiculous since it's for medical students in general.

I haven't been successful locating the offer online, but I my friend sent me proof of the $99 offer and I am positive it exists until July.
 
Has anyone received an offer from UpToDate exclusively for medical students that is $99 for a one year subscription?

A friend of mine received it, and I didn't and when I emailed uptodate they basically told me that since I hadn't received their email I couldn't get the rate? WTF???? Seems ridiculous since it's for medical students in general.

I haven't been successful locating the offer online, but I my friend sent me proof of the $99 offer and I am positive it exists until July.

You don't have institutional access through school?

I guess I'm spoiled.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our school recently was offered the app access as well and we all have it now. Frankly I think all other app services are mediocre and outdated compared to UtD- now if only they'd offer a clinical section for quick pharm/dx/sxn

I wouldn't buy it if I were you- contact your school and see what they have to say.
 
It is pretty ridiculous that they mailed that to 50% of the students at my school without disclosing how that selection was made or extending the offer to students who contacted them.

We get UTD access through the intranet, but it's a pain. I want the iPhone app but I'm not going to pay them three times as much for it.
 
Our school recently cut free access to UpToDate from the system, so I ponied up the dough and bought a mobile subscription. Been very worth the $$$ so far, just wish it was still offered for free!! 🙁