UpToDate offer for medical student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Belleza156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an offer from UpToDate exclusively for medical students that is $99 for a one year subscription?

A friend of mine received it, and I didn't and when I emailed uptodate they basically told me that since I hadn't received their email I couldn't get the rate? WTF???? Seems ridiculous since it's for medical students in general.

I haven't been successful locating the offer online, but I my friend sent me proof of the $99 offer and I am positive it exists until July.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received an offer from UpToDate exclusively for medical students that is $99 for a one year subscription?

A friend of mine received it, and I didn't and when I emailed uptodate they basically told me that since I hadn't received their email I couldn't get the rate? WTF???? Seems ridiculous since it's for medical students in general.

I haven't been successful locating the offer online, but I my friend sent me proof of the $99 offer and I am positive it exists until July.

You don't have institutional access through school?

I guess I'm spoiled.

I had the $20/month one for a while since my school couldn't give all the students at various sites access.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our school recently was offered the app access as well and we all have it now. Frankly I think all other app services are mediocre and outdated compared to UtD- now if only they'd offer a clinical section for quick pharm/dx/sxn

I wouldn't buy it if I were you- contact your school and see what they have to say.

You should be able to use it just fine at whatever hospital/outpatient site you are at. Maybe not on your personal phone, but how important is that?

It is pretty ridiculous that they mailed that to 50% of the students at my school without disclosing how that selection was made or extending the offer to students who contacted them.

We get UTD access through the intranet, but it's a pain. I want the iPhone app but I'm not going to pay them three times as much for it.

Our school recently cut free access to UpToDate from the system, so I ponied up the dough and bought a mobile subscription. Been very worth the $$$ so far, just wish it was still offered for free!! :(