Upward trend? Pre pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lotta19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Biology prepharm major:
I'm a junior who transferred due to financial issues, and at my first university I had a really bad gpa like 1.8 after semesters, due to those financial issues and emotional issues such as sexual abuse issues since I know a lot people on here like to rag on people when they just say "emotional issues" this is anonymous so I'm just going to be honest. Graduated high school with a 3.6 so I'm not a dumb person. I'm very detail oriented and analytical. So anyway I transferred and started seeing a counselor getting it all off my back so I've actually been able to focus in school. I have 3 semesters left and I'm now on the deans list. For mainintain 3.0+ for 2 semesters in a row at my new university. I haven't taken the pcat because I'm afraid of wasting my time and money due to the past, but I'm currently doing a big upward trend, I also volunteer in the pharmacy department of a local hospital. Any pointers? Does anyone think it's still possible for me to get in? I'm a Chem wiz so i think I'll do ok, but I know after pharmcas averages my old school transcripts that are bad and my new school transcript that are good it'll probably average out to about a 2.1 and my science gpa 3.0 and prerequisites about 2.8.

Members don't see this ad.

A 2.1 will be a tough sell even for the diploma mills. You'll be auto rejected almost everywhere. You should get that up to a 2.5 bare minimum before you apply.

If you spend enough money on PharmCAS and supplemental fees then you'll probably luck out on a school that will take you and your student loan money.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile