Upward trend? Pre pharmacy

Started by Lotta19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lotta19

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Biology prepharm major:
I'm a junior who transferred due to financial issues, and at my first university I had a really bad gpa like 1.8 after semesters, due to those financial issues and emotional issues such as sexual abuse issues since I know a lot people on here like to rag on people when they just say "emotional issues" this is anonymous so I'm just going to be honest. Graduated high school with a 3.6 so I'm not a dumb person. I'm very detail oriented and analytical. So anyway I transferred and started seeing a counselor getting it all off my back so I've actually been able to focus in school. I have 3 semesters left and I'm now on the deans list. For mainintain 3.0+ for 2 semesters in a row at my new university. I haven't taken the pcat because I'm afraid of wasting my time and money due to the past, but I'm currently doing a big upward trend, I also volunteer in the pharmacy department of a local hospital. Any pointers? Does anyone think it's still possible for me to get in? I'm a Chem wiz so i think I'll do ok, but I know after pharmcas averages my old school transcripts that are bad and my new school transcript that are good it'll probably average out to about a 2.1 and my science gpa 3.0 and prerequisites about 2.8.
 
A 2.1 will be a tough sell even for the diploma mills. You'll be auto rejected almost everywhere. You should get that up to a 2.5 bare minimum before you apply.
 
If you spend enough money on PharmCAS and supplemental fees then you'll probably luck out on a school that will take you and your student loan money.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile