Urgent Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend (Family Medicine resident) who swears that urgent cares are the way to go. Supposedly they generate great revenue with minimal risk according to him. He supposedly knows attending that are making millions owning urgent cares (I don't know the circumstances behind the clinics).

What are your guys opinions?
What is the average "cough and cold" visit bill for?
Is it true that an urgent care can bill at greater rates for most of its visits than can a regular clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend (Family Medicine resident) who swears that urgent cares are the way to go. Supposedly they generate great revenue with minimal risk according to him. He supposedly knows attending that are making millions owning urgent cares (I don't know the circumstances behind the clinics).

What are your guys opinions?
What is the average "cough and cold" visit bill for?
Is it true that an urgent care can bill at greater rates for most of its visits than can a regular clinic?

I'm definitely interested in buying an urgent care/senior care type business. It's just a little overwhelming because I don't know where to start.