urgent care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any insight into peds urgent care jobs. What are the hours like, how hard to get into, pay, etc. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have any insight into peds urgent care jobs. What are the hours like, how hard to get into, pay, etc. Thanks
One of such clinics in our area doesn't appear difficult to get into. They work night and weekend shifts. Don't know about compensation.

I don't think they are that hard to get but I'm not certain why anyone would want to work at such a place. A friend of mine has done it and confirmed what I suspected. He was under a ton of pressure to send people out with a script, preferably antibiotics. He also was told from the get go that more tests were better so every kid got a CBC and chest x ray. The actual medicine wasn't nearly as important as making people happy and making sure they aren't waiting long. Whenever a kid is even remotely ill they want you to transfer to a real ED to cover your butt. This was just his personal experience however it's exactly what I see over and over from just about all the urgent care centers around. Maybe it's different where you are but I'd be careful.

EDIT: 'fast track' places attached to peds EDs seem to be a little better if that's what you are talking about but again, look intomit closely.