URGENT! Cinci Vs MCW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naperthrill

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just got an offer from Cinci and i currently am holding a position at MCW. Im having a hard time deciding where to go, so i was hoping some of you guys could offer some input.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

just to let you know the urgency, i have to reply to them in 4 hours with a decision.

Who wins with cost? How excited were you when you got the call? Have you been thinking in the back of your mind all summer that you'd rather go to Cinci? Which did you have a better feel about at your interview? How much would you regret giving up MCW? What location did you like better? Go with the preponderence of the evidence on all these questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I hope that you are excited in either situation. I am currently at Cinci and enjoy it very much. There are lots of differences, but you should go with your feeling of what fits YOU better. Both schools will make you an MD, but you make yourself have fun regardless of which one.

Here is a link to the Cinci conversations that have probably answered a lot of your questions or just do a search for Cinci in the preallo. In this thread the info is in the later posts about it.

Good luck!

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59164&highlight=Cinci

What did you decide?

Wow! I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I am just so pleased to see folks interested in our medical school (I'm actually going to be a nursing student at UWM, but hope to go to med school in the future). Milwaukee really does not get the props that it deserves (With the initials MCW on this forum, I knew for SURE you all were talking about Medical College of Washington, Wyoming or something!:D ).
People in Milwaukee are pretty friendly. We are known for our Summer Fest, which is the largest music festival in America, and our summer cultural festivals (i.e. African World Festival, German Fest, Irish Fest, etc.) which are held on the gorgeous lake front.
From what I have heard, you can expect to be treated as a person at MCW, NOT just a number. You receive individualized attention and there are opportunities to build strong relationships with the faculty, some of which are very well know through their research etc.)
Whatever choice you make, the quality of your medical school experience will basically be dependent upon what YOU put into it. Your future is your's to shape and mold. Good luck!

I decided to stick with MCW. i talked to doctors, students, and others and i think mcw will be a good choice for me.

thanks all

good call. are you from naperville by anychance?

This prolly won't affect your decision, but I think you made the right decision.

I'm down here in Texas and haven't been to either city, but I've heard the med school is Wisconsin has one of the best curricula in the country. I've heard that has translated into one of the better Step 1 score rates as well...

Congrats on your decision! I'll be attending as well and I've heard nothing but good things about the school! See you in 8 days!:eek: :)

nice choice . . . by the way im a third year at MCW and i havent regretted my choice at all . . . i think its a great school and clinically . . . MCW prepares their students at a higher level then a lot of schools . . . a lot of academic centers actually highly regard MCW students. In fact, people in Reno, NV know about MCW and its reputation of producing outstanding clinicans. Great Choice . . . i know i sound baised . . . but thats just school spirit! Are you from naperville, IL? im orginally from Oak Brook, IL.