URGENT GUYS-- wont take long

Started by teebow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teebow

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

I am a canadian student with GPAs3.4ish and MCAT 29 (9,9,11). I want to apply to US schools that are likely to give my application consideration and not just reject me right away. could you please give me advice on which schools you think I should apply to.

Thank you for your help guys
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are quite a few Canadian students in US Medical Schools, but they tend to have very high numbers. With your numbers, you're not likely to find much success amongst MD schools. DO schools maybe more likely, though.
 
If you are interested in applying to MD programs in the states, the first thing you need to do is boost up that MCAT to around a 35. There are a good-sized list of private schools that accept international applicants, albeit few. It is harder for you to boost up that GPA, though, because in order to be competitive for anyone (international or US resident), a GPA of 3.7 is usually "safe."

I wish I had a different response, but you have an uphill battle ahead of you for MD programs. I don't know if DO programs accept international applicants (they should, because they are private), but your stats are slightly above average for osteopathic programs.

Good luck.