DocKat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status
Hey guys

I can't seem to find the interview information that Rosalind Frank has sent me. My interview is coming up on Tuesday, just in case that I can't get a hold of the school on Monday, can someone who has interviewed there/will interview there help me out? What time/what building (any directions to the building) am I supposed to go to for my interview? Thanks so much! Your help is greatly appreciated, since I am freaking out a litt here :scared:

NapeSpikes

Believe, hon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Related to this thread topic, can someone PLEASE explain to me the RFU interview riddle? I read it in another thread. It was something like, "How do you make 100 out of four 9's?" This has been bugging me for weeks. Thanks.

(Sorry OP, I haven't been offered an interview yet, so I can't help you out.)

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
NapeSpikes said:
Related to this thread topic, can someone PLEASE explain to me the RFU interview riddle? I read it in another thread. It was something like, "How do you make 100 out of four 9's?" This has been bugging me for weeks. Thanks.

(Sorry OP, I haven't been offered an interivew yet, so I can't help you out.)
I PMed you with the answer. I don't want to spoil it for those who want to figure it out for themselves.

About the Ads

discus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Do they ask this kind of question at the interview? Do they expect you to figure it out? Heck, I have no idea...

DocKat, check your PM.

DocKat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status
THank you so much Discus! Such prompt reply! Good luck with everything! :D

NapeSpikes

Believe, hon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wohoo! Thanks for the answer to the riddle, tacrum. I have a feeling I will be sleeping like a log tonight.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Santa MONICA
Status
i'm the guy who spilled the beans about the riddle. don't worry my friend who told me about it had no idea himself but still got in. maybe the interviewer had just heard it that day or something and thought it was an interesting riddle. sure drove me crazy for a few days though.
-mota

the brown note

wading through sh!t
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2005
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Status
DaMota said:
i'm the guy who spilled the beans about the riddle. don't worry my friend who told me about it had no idea himself but still got in. maybe the interviewer had just heard it that day or something and thought it was an interesting riddle. sure drove me crazy for a few days though.
-mota
My friend and I both interviewed this year--none of our 4 interviewers (different ones) asked us any riddles. I inquired about that during the lunch with med students, and they said that it was probably this one interviewer who was rumored to like riddles. It's not a "standard" interview question for RFUMS, though!

I seriously doubt that you'd be denied an acceptance because you didn't know the answer to a riddle, but RFUMS has a backup mechanism for their interviews, anyway. Your 2 interviewers are supposed to score your interview right after your interview. Someone from admissions then compares the 2 numbers--if your 2 interviewers' scores are very different, they ask you for a third interview (right there, the same day, before you leave). They didn't explain how far apart they had to be or what they do with the third interviewer's score, though (like whether they average it in with the other 2, or replace the low score, etc.).

Good luck, all! :luck:

About the Ads