URGENT: Northwestern Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alcon

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Urgent because my NW secondary is going out via priority mail in 5 hours)

When I paste (or type) in my response to the third question, which is around 250 words long, the bottom part of page 4 (the sign and date line) gets pushed over to a 5th page.

Should I print out the 5 pages and sign the 5th? I don't see how I can keep the sigature line on page 4 if I have any sort of response to question 3...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

if you are using a word processor, stealthily increase the left and right margins by fractions of an inch. Don't make it obvious tho.

Unfortunately, the borders cannot be formatted in the seondary document. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Members don't see this ad :)
try deleting any extra lines you might have.

if a school rejects you for having an extra page (yes, i know this is *supposed* to be professional-looking), then you probably don't want to go there anyway...

Alcon, check your pm

For the NW secondary, in Microsoft Office go to "unprotect document" - and voila, no more annoying autoformat. It took me a better part of an hour to figure this out, but I wasn't about to turn in anything less than total perfection :)

(1st post, go me)

Thank you guys so much for your responses!

I found that "unprotect" option and now the signature line is on page 4!

Alcon

i'm not sweatin' it... i turned in mine with the signature page pushed. i see it as their faulty formating, "space can contain approx 300 words" yeah right. i'm sure that an extremely high % of applications will look like mine.

I turned mine in with signature on page 5 also. If they count that against me, then I guess it is farewell NU.

If anyone is still filling out the application and has this problem, open the app in MS Word, to to tools and click on "unprotect document" (like pbn2au suggested). This lets you delete extra lines from anywhere on the app, and solves the problem of things being "pushed over".

i called them about essay answers going onto a new extra page and pushing everything else back. they said not to worry about it.

I turned mine in with the extra page, and I interviewed last week! :)