URGENT PDF Question For UCLA Secondary!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlecGaro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

I just completed and sent out my UCLA secondary application last Thursday. I was browsing SDN today and something caught my attention that I couldn't help but notice. People were saying that they did not go over the text box space in each question for the UCLA secondary. It did not say anywhere in the instructions that you shouldn't write more than the boxes shown. Also, some of the boxes are EXTREMELY small and it did not make sense that this would be the only space allowed. For example, the "Honors" box next to the high school and undergraduate college section only has a text box for about 8 characters. So the program I used to edit and save the PDF allowed me to type more for each section than the boxes actually show on the standard app.. so for some sections I did use more space. The PDF program gave a little scrolling bar on the side of each text box so if I did type a little more than the original text box you could just use the scroll bar to go up and down the text box to view the complete answer. I just realized now that unfortunately if you just open the PDF using a standard view program you do not get the option to scroll so some of my answers look incomplete.

DOES ANYONE know how they view the PDF at the UCLA Admissions Office? Would they be able to scroll up and down to view my complete answers?

ALSO should I just redo my secondary today and send it in again tomorrow just in case? (Like I said before I just don't understand how they expect to fit some answers in these RIDICULOUSLY small spaces for certain section).

Please let me know what you guys think. It is a bit urgent since this is my top school and I already feel late in the application cycle.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.